I have a beta key, BUT.... (CONTEST STILL ACTIVE)

...this won't be one of those random ones.

I was thinking a bit about this, and decided to give it to a person who spends some time into this contest.

So, what's the contest?

Imagine you are working for GGG at marketing department and they ask you to come up with a game cover-picture and a slogan for it.
You want to make a badass photo which will turn some eyes in the game store.

So,the rules:

1. Picture can contain any number of third party pictures or photos, - photos you took, photos from the net, something you drew with the hand, picture of some artist.. Anything which you think might depict and represent the essence of Path of exile - land of Wreaclast, its inhabitants, characters or/and atmosphere...
Photoshop it, add as much effects/photos as you can, and be creative with them.

2. Final product must contain PoE logo - in any shape, size, form or color, and may contain any effect as long as it is recognizable.

3. Needs to contain a slogan - may be a humorous one (do I hear Diablo references? :D), sarcastic - ironizing the game or a serious one.

Like Nokia's "Connecting people" or "Freshly squeezed glaciers" from Adelma Mineral Water.

I know that the sarcastic part defies the nature of your employment, but for the sake of the competition, let us say that this is OK.
(Don't fire them Chris, they are a good guys ;) )

4. Some of the criteria for choosing the winner are:

a) Complexity of the work - number of photos, complexity of effects and so on...
b) Creativity - Word plays, interaction of certain elements of photo, allusions to other non-game motifs... You guys have the creative power, think of something. ;)
c) The picture you drew yourself or photo you took is valued more but is not a prerequisite.

5. The decision is based SOLELY on my estimation what the best work is.

DISCLAIMER: This does not mean that the rest of you haven't made a quality representation, or that your work is any less valuable or creative.
It just means I have only ONE key to give, and unfortunately, in absence of more keys and objective criteria which would determine the winner, I have to make a call.

6. The contest lasts seven days. Winner will be chosen a week from now (on 17 February). You have until that time to enter the contest.
The winner will be asked to explain his work in order to make sure that it was really his work.

7. I am not sure if a picture can be posted to this site - if not, you may use webshots, photobucket, facebook, upload sites, or any site you prefer. I don't really care as long as the picture is clearly visible. You might e-mail it to me, and I might link it on my fb page (credited of course)

8. In the case of poor response, I will terminate the contest and hopefully, think of something.

9. EDIT: Minimum size of the image is 1024X768 or 768X1024 (portrait or landscape).

10. What? You're still reading??
Get to work!! :)
Last edited by Tank_The_Shredder_Evans on Feb 10, 2012, 6:49:44 PM
it can be any picture we want but it has to have the PoE slogan?
"
bkrug123 wrote:
it can be any picture we want but it has to have the PoE slogan?

Any picture you want, with the slogan having something to do with PoE or some part of it, and has to capture the nature of the game.

Simply put, bunch of teddy bears running in the field don't represent the world of PoE.

EDIT: I apologize mods for posting to wrong part of the forum. My bad.
Last edited by Tank_The_Shredder_Evans on Feb 10, 2012, 3:55:16 PM
Essentialy, any picture/photo.

EDIT: All parts of the picture have to be clearly visible.
Last edited by Tank_The_Shredder_Evans on Feb 10, 2012, 4:35:43 PM
up
up
haha ... you're asking for quite a lot ... though i would think someone should just enter with any old picture then they'd win by default...
 ------------------------------------
|I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker |
|... I never got the chance to tell him |
|... he will be remembered.               |
I worked hard on this. I think it sums up all my feelings for PoE

"
haha ... you're asking for quite a lot ... though i would think someone should just enter with any old picture then they'd win by default...

Yeah, you might be right.
Although when I read grievings every day from people who talk about how much beta key means to them and what they would do for beta key, it seems sad and unbelievable that half of hour of work is unacceptable to do in order to win one.

I was thinking what do to, and remembered one post in which couple of photo-shop enthusiasts dared each other to make something PoE related in Photoshop, but they disengaged the activity because of the lack of PoE pictures. This was a failed attempt to correct that.

I'll mash something up in Photopaint before the contest is over, and say how much it has taken me to do it.
"
Aupuch wrote:
I worked hard on this. I think it sums up all my feelings for PoE

I like your style...
|I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker |
|... I never got the chance to tell him |
|... he will be remembered.               |

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type