[2.6] Inquisitor CI Crit Storm Call

Hey everyone, welcome to my Inquisitor CI Crit Storm Call build! When learning about the Choir of the Storm amulet back in 2.5 and reading the radius changes to Storm Call in 2.6, I had to give it a shot. The build has been really promising so far. I have done a T15 Twinned Core with Enfeeble, Elemental Weakness, and 40% Elemental Resistance, which is in the video section. This is my first build and build guide so things may change as time goes, feel free to make adjustments to my build and give criticism on it. The current gear I have isn't fully optimized so there's a lot of wiggle room with it. I'll give my thoughts on potential upgrades as well. Should work in Hardcore with careful play.

Introduction

Pros & Cons

Pros:
+ Easily get 8k+ ES without huge investment
+ Chaos Inoculation (CI) makes you immune to chaos damage
+ High stun immunity (I use a Valyrium ring)
+ Clears fast even with Concentrated Effect thanks to the 2.6 radius changes to Storm Call
+ Build is fairly cheap (Unless trying to get a 6L with high ES) with somewhat good gear expansion
+ Helm enchant (30% reduced Storm Call Duration) is fairly cheap and makes Storm Call nearly instant
+ Can deal with Rare Elemental Reflect mobs without dying
+ Blasphemy Warlord's Mark setup gives you increased leech and endurance charges
+ Vaal Pact + Vessel of Vinktar allows you to face tank lots of content
+ Can do most map mods including Elemental Resistance, no Regen, Enfeeble
+ Will always be overcapped on Lightning Resistance
+ Haven't done T16's yet but bosses melt with Vinktar's up (Thank you shock!)
+ Not a meta build! :^)

Cons:
- Physical damage still hurts even with 3 endurance charges, need a Basalt Flask
- Can't do Elemental Reflect maps, Reduced Crit damage isn't favorable, Temp Chains slows down the build a ton
- Doesn't have insane clear speed but its fast enough, especially when using Concentrated Effect
- Have to stand close to enemies to get your Blasphemy Warlord's Mark setup working which can be risky
- Build goesn't get a lot of Strength and Dex, which you'll need at least 111 Strength and enough Dex to hold your dagger
- Mana can be annoying to sustain before you get the boot enchant and Blasphemy Warlord's Mark setup

Playstyle

Use your Quicksilver flask and Shield Charge to get around. Shield Charge makes you cast faster because of Inquisitor Ascendancy. Stay somewhat close to enemies and pop Orb of Storms and cast Storm Call to get your Power Charges while critting like crazy. Orb of Storms can also proc your Lightning Bolt from Choir of the Storm. Summon your golem if it dies if you aren't running a CWDT setup. Pop Vinktar's and a Remove Shock flask near bosses or during crazy fights (Essence, Breach, Perandus, etc) Profit!

Concept

I wanted to make a Storm Call build ever since I ran one back in Flashback league. Choir of the Storm increases your critical strike chance by your uncapped lightning resistance so we don't have to get a lot of critical strike chance in the tree. We want to stack as much lightning resistance as we can, which in return can make gear cheaper(mostly jewels). Choir of the Storm also increases your lightning damage with critical hits by 50%. Lightning Bolt also does a ton of damage already and since we crit a lot, its a whole bunch of extra single target damage. With the radius increase for Storm Call, concentrated effect gives the same radius as 2.5 storm call without any gem that changes AoE. You can check the 2.6 AoE changes here: http://poecraft.com/legacy/aoenerf. We use Inquisitor because critical hits go through Elemental Resistances, which is pretty nuts considering I have 484% crit multi and 90% crit chance. The other points in the ascendancy help with cast speed, damage, and ele damage taken. I can't see this build performing as well with any other ascendancy. Too much DPS loss.

Skill Tree, Ascendancy, Leveling, Bandits

Inquisitor Ascendancy

You'll want to get your Ascendancy nodes in this order:
1. Righteous Providence
2. Inevitable Judgement (Get this ASAP)
3. Instruments of Virtue
4. Augury of Penitence

You'll want to get Inevitable Judgement as soon as possible to help clearing faster. You pick up crit chance and multi while leveling. Non crits penetrate 10% enemy ele res and crits ignore ele res.

Levelling

Pick up a Tabula Rasa, Wanderlust boots, Astramentis/Carnage Heart amulet for stats, and 1-2 Lifesprigs.I leveled with Spark and had a Storm Call socketed in to get gem XP until I was able to get Less Duration in Act 3 Library. Use Spark with Added Lightning Damage, Faster Casting, and Controlled Destruction until you get Less Duration. You can do the full setup of Storm Call, Less Duration, Faster Casting (sub out for Spell Echo in Act 4), Increased Critical Strikes, Concentrated Effect, and Controlled Destruction if your mana can handle it. Use Flame Dash or Lightning Warp for your movement skill until you pick up the Instruments of Virtue ascendancy node.

You'll want to pick up Orb of Storms, 2x Increased Critical Strikes, Concentrated Effect, Power Charge on Critical, Blasphemy, Warlord's Mark, Increased Duration, Discipline, Golem of your choice (I prefer Ice Golem for increased crit chance), Immortal Call, Cast When Damage Taken, Vaal Discipline, Shield Charge, Faster Attacks, and Fortify.

You will need refund points to spec into CI.

Level 69 tree (Pre-CI): http://poeurl.com/bfJd

Skill Tree

Level 90 (technically 91, remove the +30 Strength node if you don't need it): http://poeurl.com/bfI7

Bandits

Normal: Kill (Skill Point)
Cruel: Kill (Skill Point) / You could help Alira for 5% cast speed but I decided not to take it
Merciless: Alira (Power Charge)

Gear, Gems, Jewels, and Enchants

Required Gear

This build is centered around Choir of the Storm so you need this.

You lose a lot of cold res, which you could easily make up with 1 piece of gear, but it helps with a ton stuns. You can't use Eye of Chayula because its an amulet so you have to deal with stun somehow and this is the best option. Also gives you some res and flat ES. Skyforth could replace this then you could get something like an Opal Ring to replace it. Could also replace this ring with a Kiara's flask and add a ring of your choice. I just don't like being bound to a flask for anti-stun.

Get Lightning Resistance on every piece of gear that you can! This increases your critical chance.

My Gear

I currently use a mana flask for remove shock and if I ever run out of mana, which doesn't happen anymore. Could be helpful for long boss fights if you have to hit them at the edge of your screen. Could swap it to a topaz flask of grounding to help with reflect or swap mana to Kiara's to help with stun then at shock immunity to a different flask for removing shock from Vinktar's. My gear really isn't that good and I've cleared T15 maps. Crystal Belt would increase my ES by a good amount and a good Opal Ring would definitely increase my DPS.

Jewels

As much Critical Strike Multiplier as you can get!
1. Global Critical Strike Multipler
2. Critical Strike Multiplier with Lightning Skills
3. Critical Strike Multiplier with Elemental Skills
4. Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells

Try to get two Crit Multi rolls on your jewels. The other stats you're looking for are cast speed, increased energy shield, attributes, lightning damage, spell damage and resistances. Lightning resistance increases your critical chance.

poetrade search for Legacy Standard: http://poe.trade/search/sizonorahuasab

Gem Setup

You need at least 111 Strength to get Level 20 Less Duration!

Storm Call:
4L: Storm Call (quality if possible) - Less Duration (quality if possible) - Increased Critical Strikes - Spell Echo (quality if possible)
5L: Storm Call (quality if possible) - Less Duration (quality if possible) - Increased Critical Strikes - Spell Echo (quality if possible) - Concentrated Effect
6L: Storm Call (quality if possible) - Less Duration (quality if possible) - Increased Critical Strikes - Spell Echo (quality if possible) - Concentrated Effect - Controlled Destruction

Movement Skill:
Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify

Power Charge Generator:
Orb of Storms - Increased Area of Effect - Power Charge on Critical - Increased Critical Strikes

Cast When Damage Taken:
Cast When Damage Taken (level 4) - Immortal Call (level 6) - Increased Duration (level 20 + quality if possible) - Vaal Discipline

Buffs:
Discipline - Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark (level it as high as your Strength allows) - Summon Ice Golem
You can use any golem that you'd like but I use Ice Golem for the increased crit chance. Gives me a bit over 3% total crit chance on Storm Call at level 19.

Fillers:
Portal - Vaal Storm Call/Increased Duration/Spell Echo - Vaal Lightning Trap/Increased Duration - Vaal Haste - Vaal Clarity- Flame Dash or Lightning Warp for ledges - Insert others here?

Enchants

Helmet: 30% reduced Storm Call Duration
Gloves: Anything you'd like
Boots: 0.4%-0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently

Boot Enchant allows you to leech life and mana easier and lets you kill things away from your Blasphemy Warlord's Mark setup.

Screenshots

Defense

Standing in Hideout w/ Level 19 Discipline and missing Melding node

Offense

6L w/ no charges and buffs

6L w/ 6 power charges and buffs

Lightning Bolt from Choir of the Storm fully buffed

Videos

T13 Gorge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaqfdZ-zrZU
T14 Palace w/ Vulnerability: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhv-PZdydmA
T15 Twinned Core w/ Enfeeble, Elemental Weakness, 40% Ele Res (3 Deaths because of bad play, all to Malachai): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiCmb4sEDRc
Last edited by Kaysick on Apr 7, 2017, 7:48:35 PM
Last bumped on Jul 11, 2017, 12:01:01 AM
Reserved
Hello.

Just wanted to say ty for posting good content.

My 2 cents...

U dont need to go all the way with crit multiplier especially in jewels where f.e. 7% ES can make a diference.

U can also state that Concentrated Effect can be replaced with Increased Area for easy mapping... only use CE on bosses.

Also for easy mapping u can use H. of Thunder for "auto" Power C. Generator dropping 1 of the auras.

Also try double curse with Ass. Mark and Doedre ring or simply using Ass. Mark with blasphemy since Vinktars leeching is OP.

Havent post in awhile.

Cheers.
Literally the only up to date crit storm caller I could find and really well-written, thanks! Leveling it up right now, also gonna try out ball lightning with same set-up after CI. I also went with Kraityn for normal since the +res helps with gearing with uniques and more importantly adds crit with choir of the storm.
Hi there!

First of all, thanks for posting this. I was so lost playing this game before I found this guide, now I find myself slowly learning more and more about it.

Just a quick question, how did you acquire the Choir of The Storm amulet? I read on the wiki page that its only available in the breach league which is now over?
"
jlimooo wrote:
Hi there!

First of all, thanks for posting this. I was so lost playing this game before I found this guide, now I find myself slowly learning more and more about it.

Just a quick question, how did you acquire the Choir of The Storm amulet? I read on the wiki page that its only available in the breach league which is now over?

If you're playing in the Legacy League that's currently going on, you can still acquire the Choir of the Storm amulet because you can use Breach Leaguestones which create breaches in areas. You could then get the Esh breaches, gets the breachstones, run them, etc etc. You could also just buy one from someone. They plan on adding Breach to the core game inside of mapping but they will be rare so it'll get more expensive.

On a side note, I may update this with 3.0. There would be drastic changes since there's no Vaal Pact to abuse so it'll most likely be a MoM build.
Hi, have a question. which aura´s do u run? wrath, discipline and warlord´s mark? i cant run 3 because i have to low mana
thx for replay =)
hey, thx for posting! :)

why do u prefer a dagger to pladge of hands? also did u try herald of thunder + curse on hit + warlords mark?
"
Wolve666 wrote:
Hi, have a question. which aura´s do u run? wrath, discipline and warlord´s mark? i cant run 3 because i have to low mana
thx for replay =)

I run Discipline for the ES and Blasphemy Warlord's Mark. I don't use Wrath. It might be possible with a high enough Enlighten but I haven't tested it.

"
bahnschranke wrote:
hey, thx for posting! :)

why do u prefer a dagger to pladge of hands? also did u try herald of thunder + curse on hit + warlords mark?

I prefer a dagger over Pledge of Hands for the Spell Damage and Crit Chance/Multi. Also allows you to use Whirling Blades or Shield Charge which increases your cast speed thanks to the Inquisitor ascendancy.

Sorry for responding so late, I don't login to the website very often. I play more than I check the forums
Last edited by Kaysick on Jul 11, 2017, 12:01:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info