Fake pricing epidemy on POE.trade to abuse sellers on purpose

"
Sixense wrote:
I don't think GGG would be so stupid to not auto-take-out items that will be changed in patch, no?
I wouldn't be so sure, they sometimes forget to include all changes into patch notes.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
If you don't like it don't trade , simple as that OR learn to deal with it .
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Yep... called sniping! AND it can be automated for extra convenience!

There is nothing wrong with that. If fake offers from price fixers will be removed, any smart player will be able to set adequate price. Sure, there always will be noobs, that post items too cheap, and even in current system, most of them will just sell their item for nothing to first PMer. Only veteran players, when they see double PMs in 1 minute, will just ignore those offers and set a higher price.

You cant make a system, that will prevent both "fake offers" AND "sniping". I, personally, find fake offers being far greater evil among those two.

"
BestMageKR wrote:
If you don't like it don't trade , simple as that OR learn to deal with it .

Or even better - just stop playing PoE until that trading SHIT will get fixed (like i did). If GGG doesnt care about average players and force them to waste time for AFK trading shit and price fixers, they'll continue to lose more and more players.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Apr 21, 2017, 1:27:09 PM
The real "beauty", is when you're trying to buy something at a "good price", copy the link from PoE trade into the chat, and suddenly notice that the copied text refers to; "stash tab "price fixing"" or "scamming". I've run into both.

Fun :D
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Solutions

Punish those players ! they do this on purpose, they try to abuse you ! this is a bad behaviour that has a negative impact on the trade community.

they should be informed that their behaviour is not acceptable and punished (a few days ban ?) if they keep on doing it.

double check every single item you sell or buy on poe.ninja

I am not a fan of huge punishments. Beside no one forces you to use poe trade.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Apr 22, 2017, 4:33:14 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
The real "beauty", is when you're trying to buy something at a "good price", copy the link from PoE trade into the chat, and suddenly notice that the copied text refers to; "stash tab "price fixing"" or "scamming". I've run into both.

Well, that should make it easy to report said player, right? (Not that it will take them a long time to learn to rename their tabs, but... :))
"
Ora9 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

Well, that should make it easy to report said player, right? (Not that it will take them a long time to learn to rename their tabs, but... :))

Report? Is price-fixing against the rules? How can GGG take actions against how people act via a third party site? And I don't think stupid, "funny" names on a trade tab is enough. No proof there, I'm afraid.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I wish there was a "false listing" report button alongside items in poe.trade. So after you message a person and they don't answer for a minute you can click the report button. If it gets five unique reports in an hour the item is taken down. I think it would help things out immensely without too much griefing happening. It wouldn't hurt most honest players, because most honest players aren't going to ignore five people buying the same item in an hour. If the item has already sold in that hour and people are reporting the item, taking the listing down hurts no one.

The only place it would really hurt someone is if a currency item was reported.

Make it so that same item can't be put up by the same player for 24 hours. Less false offers (but not NO false offers), allows people to do something about it, and might clear up 4 people price fixing the whole market.
I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives
Not gonna lie I price fix all the time , this system works great for people like me .
"
I wish there was a "false listing" report button alongside items in poe.trade. So after you message a person and they don't answer for a minute you can click the report button. If it gets five unique reports in an hour the item is taken down. I think it would help things out immensely without too much griefing happening. It wouldn't hurt most honest players, because most honest players aren't going to ignore five people buying the same item in an hour. If the item has already sold in that hour and people are reporting the item, taking the listing down hurts no one.

The only place it would really hurt someone is if a currency item was reported.

Make it so that same item can't be put up by the same player for 24 hours. Less false offers (but not NO false offers), allows people to do something about it, and might clear up 4 people price fixing the whole market.

Nice idea but it cannot work.

If you have some friends or a guild with you and want to sell very rare/pricey item. You just have to report the cheapest in order to be the only seller or the cheapest. Ofc we can also ban these kind of player but the overall complexity is enhanced instead of having a simple system.

The fact is that GGG could make a pretty simple system to sell/buy items but GGG doesn't want to, so we have to deal with all the problem that come with it.
Last edited by Sochana on Sep 11, 2017, 3:01:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info