Fake pricing epidemy on POE.trade to abuse sellers on purpose

"
Rhilnix wrote:
Today i tried to buy one map and send more than 15 ingame pm = 0 answer, all are fake seller (price is under "normal" price : 1 alc instead 1 chisel).

Nice work, this really improve interact between player !

NOPE, not fake players. This is the problem with most you players and your "price fixer" crying. Those are people like me in a map or timed Zana or umber lab. Not gonna burn a portal to get a alch, when there are 40 other people you can try. We actually play the game, we aren't trade bots.
But why dont you use /dnd? If you are buying items for 50+ chaos, i will waste a portal for you. But i wont see the offer if im in dnd.
Perhaps we need choices. GGG should offer an auto buy option in addition to how things are done now. The auto buy would be shown and clearly marked along with fixed price, no price etc. Let folks decide which they prefer. Scammers could still list, those who like player interaction could still go to HOs to buy, those who like to negotiate could haggle over prices and those who want the quick and painless auto buy could trade without hassle.

Everybody wins.

Players could list items they want to sell under auto buy so they don't bet bothered with low value sales, but still buy in the old way. Pricier items could be listed differently. maximum flexibility for all.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Last edited by ChanBalam on Apr 8, 2017, 2:07:13 PM
"
ChanBalam wrote:
Perhaps we need choices. GGG should offer an auto buy option in addition to how things are done now.

This would require coding and a server just to hold the items 24/7 365.
If they require the player to hold the item, you'll still have price fixing. Throw the item on an alt account not logged in and autobuy wont work.

This would be at least a 20 dollar add on item.
Majority of you crying for an auction house, cry about paying 5 dollars to get a premium tab.
So why cry for something you cant afford?

GGG's not running a charity game, they code for money.

If you cant figure out that something listed for 5 times for 5c and 85 times for 50c is worth 50c, go back to minecraft.
"
Darshek78 wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:
Perhaps we need choices. GGG should offer an auto buy option in addition to how things are done now.

This would require coding and a server just to hold the items 24/7 365.
If they require the player to hold the item, you'll still have price fixing. Throw the item on an alt account not logged in and autobuy wont work.

This would be at least a 20 dollar add on item.
Majority of you crying for an auction house, cry about paying 5 dollars to get a premium tab.
So why cry for something you cant afford?

GGG's not running a charity game, they code for money.

If you cant figure out that something listed for 5 times for 5c and 85 times for 50c is worth 50c, go back to minecraft.
Adding more servers is part of the cost of running a growing on line game. Do you know the marginal cost to GGG for adding one more virtual server?

If accounts have to be logged in for their for sale items to be shown, non logged in accounts don't matter. Sure price fixing will still happen, but if an item can be auto bought, you can bypass all the drama and pay the price shown or not. The player has a choice.

Why do you say such a system would be a $20 add on? Do you know GGG's costs and pricing strategies? Do you know how much new programming would be required on their part? Do you know that they would pass some or all of those costs on to players?

There is more than one option:
*Free QoL add on for all
*Free trial use for Oriath League with a pay to continue clause
*One time fee to have access forever
*Subscription fee per league
*Fee per trade
*In game currency fee per trade
etc.

"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
It is GGG's intention to create valuable player interaction experience though this kind of trading. How dare you not value it. :)

This is like X200 times better than traditional trading boards and such.
"
kellogz87 wrote:
Reliq keys right now...

http://poe.trade/search/orasiseutoaroh

Amykittens - 47 For sale between 45-55
Sixty - 21 For sale between 45-55
Scottazon - 13 For Sale between 45-55
legacyQuakes 11 For Sale 55

All below the current average, people need to use poe.ninja more to watch the actual prices...

After these 4 people alone, the cheapest is 64...

YES, poe.ninja and that nifty trade macro that lists the first 10 hits of that item.

That shit should be included in the poe tutorials and loadin screens.. oh wait reep loading screens since ssds.
Second-class poe gamer
So if I fake price on poe trade what can you do about it ?

Exactly .
Last edited by BestMageKR on Apr 9, 2017, 7:36:53 PM
omg i have to scroll down on poe.trade a bit to see the real prices, such damage to the economeh!

wait, newbs who fall for the trick and offer too cheap still appear on top and i miss their offer if i scroll down`?

what now?

well, i can't see an disadvantage.

except for newbies who still have to figure out it's not mandatory to sell for the advertised price. which results in them offering their precious ilevel 50 gear for 1 alch instead one chaos. again, such loss because ggg can't protect them!!
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
well, your signature match perfectly your comment !
Last edited by Zboublemeteor on Apr 9, 2017, 8:18:00 PM
GGG will never do anything about this, they have been adamantly clear that the economy is purely player controlled and they will never step in to deliberately change it
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info