Fake pricing epidemy on POE.trade to abuse sellers on purpose

"
Beefeata wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Interesting. Maybe you could convince the trade site to include a time stamp as to when the item was listed.

That will at least make players who try to do this have to micro-manage more, and will allow observant players to know what listings are fake.

there is already a time stamp...

conspiracy everywhere son

Shags dgaf, he's just trying to help the OP :P
Async trading would eliminate this issue. If someone posts an item with a cheap buyout and all it takes is for someone to come to their hideout to claim it, then people will stop this bad practice.
The greatest weapon against false listings is knowledge and personal accountability. Know what it is you are buying and be a savvy shopper. You should try it sometime. Besides, being a whiny beta is very unattractive.

You cannot expect to hire the massive amount of staff necessary to 'police' the boards nor can you quantify at all times what is a false listing or an accidental one. Banning people based on perception is going down a draconian road you don't want to go down.

Grow a backbone, take initiate, do the proper research and you'll never get scammed. And if you do get scammed maybe you will someday acquire the healthy mindset that you will use the pain of getting burnt as a learning experience and make wiser decisions in the future.

Banning sellers in no way is going to encourage buyers to educate themselves, in fact, it will make them more complacent.
"
Crebstar wrote:
Async trading would eliminate this issue. If someone posts an item with a cheap buyout and all it takes is for someone to come to their hideout to claim it, then people will stop this bad practice.

Sure it would eliminate the problem, but it would take away all interactions between buyers and sellers too. Most of my trades are almost robotic but sometimes i have great exchanges with other players and it would suck to get rid of it.

"
VGLance wrote:
The greatest weapon against false listings is knowledge and personal accountability. Know what it is you are buying and be a savvy shopper. You should try it sometime. Besides, being a whiny beta is very unattractive.

You cannot expect to hire the massive amount of staff necessary to 'police' the boards nor can you quantify at all times what is a false listing or an accidental one. Banning people based on perception is going down a draconian road you don't want to go down.

Grow a backbone, take initiate, do the proper research and you'll never get scammed. And if you do get scammed maybe you will someday acquire the healthy mindset that you will use the pain of getting burnt as a learning experience and make wiser decisions in the future.

Banning sellers in no way is going to encourage buyers to educate themselves, in fact, it will make them more complacent.

So this behaviour is OK ? atfer all, they are just trying to educate us right ? do you even realise how stupid you sound ? selling ancient reliquary keys 5 chaos or the offering 30c is not an accident (look at "EthicalTransactions" offers, it's ridiculous) this is done on purpose to abuse players. if we don't deal with it POE.trade will be filled with those and won't be fast and easy to use anymore. let it go is the "betas" way of dealing with abuses right ?

by the way, i sincerly hope you are not posting this message directly for me. if so, please keep your asomptions and condescending tone to yourself.
Last edited by Zboublemeteor on Apr 7, 2017, 8:25:33 PM
Yup... don't personally know much about this trading site, but I do understand games and economies.

So... Why they hell is there a problem if you can tell how long an offer has been there? If there's a cheap as shit item that's been available for over an hour it wont take a braintrust to figure out the offer isn't genuine.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Yup... don't personally know much about this trading site, but I do understand games and economies.

So... Why they hell is there a problem if you can tell how long an offer has been there? If there's a cheap as shit item that's been available for over an hour it wont take a braintrust to figure out the offer isn't genuine.

sure, if you have some experience in the game you should rapidly see rightly priced items and those who are not (like i said before, priced 1/2 or less the standard price and in sale for days/weeks). i do and it still pisses me off to see the same names making fake sales on a lot of items.

but even with a lot of experience you can't know buy heart the right price of every single valuable items in the game, especially with the prices variation during the league, and it sucks to see that you can't rely on poe.trade without further research anymore.

the first point of this topic is to inform players that are not aware of this problem (and they are numerous !), the second is to try to find solutions.

Last edited by Zboublemeteor on Apr 7, 2017, 8:42:02 PM
You don't "need to know by heart". If an item has been posted for any length of time, you know it's either priced too high or it's not really being offered.

A solution? Why not filter out all offers over 12 hours old?
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Apr 7, 2017, 8:57:09 PM
Two rules every trader should live by as long as GGG allows fraud to run rampant in their game

2. When price comparing it's only a guideline and likley many price fixer are there duping you

1. if you get messaged within 1-2 min of listing you're too cheap pull and re-list
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 7, 2017, 11:12:13 PM
Today i tried to buy one map and send more than 15 ingame pm = 0 answer, all are fake seller (price is under "normal" price : 1 alc instead 1 chisel).

Nice work, this really improve interact between player !
Last edited by Rhilnix on Apr 8, 2017, 11:03:50 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
the first point of this topic is to inform players that are not aware of this problem (and they are numerous !), the second is to try to find solutions.

Auction with fixed price option. But we need to wait ggg admit poe.trade and similar are failure.
Last edited by Rhilnix on Apr 8, 2017, 11:07:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info