[Fixed for 0.9.7] Death Bug at Hardcore

Well hi, i will try to explain this bug but keep on mind that my lack of vocabulary may turn it harder to understand.
Well, i was at the map, next to crossroad, where one of the bandit leader of the three bandits quest was, fighting enemies using molten shell and sweep, i was not paying much attention and got surprised by a bandit with reflect aura. I got the "you died" window with the ressurect option, but the ressurect button was not working, so i tried to relog to fix and found myself at the camp, alive and yet at the hardcore league. A player told me to use the /deaths to check it and it tells me i have died 0 times.
Sorry for the lack of info or screenshot as i was got by surprise.
My character is Carpe, a templar.
Last edited by Skelecross on Feb 11, 2012, 3:16:37 PM
Got the same bug today in the ladder race league.
Was a Templar, had molten shield active, about six enemies around with a elemental reflect aura and I get a sudden 'you have died', I'm assuming when the shield exploded.

Respawned back in the exclusive ladder, died for real shortly thereafter.
I can't get this to happen for me when I set up the same situation, is there anything else going on? Any more information that I can use to replicate this?
Balance & Design
Well the reflect aura was elemental too, if i remember well. Thats all detail i could see =/ ( and i used a staff and armor with armor+energy shield)
Last edited by patharkanx on Feb 13, 2012, 8:37:02 PM
I've still not had this happen for me - Any more information you guys have, that'd help. I notice most (all?) of you seem to be Templars with Staves, but that hasn't caused any problems for me in testing.
Balance & Design
I get a bug like this on softcore that doesn't count towards my deaths. I was a shield templar though - but it's from elemental reflect on Molten Shell. I've had it happen now 3-4 times, you die from elemental reflect but your HP bar still goes up to full, and you have to re log in order to res. It doesn't count towards my death when it happens.

edit: same thing this guy had happen: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18776
Last edited by Felys0000 on Feb 13, 2012, 10:17:16 PM
So far it seems to happen with: templar+ molten shell+ elemental reflect.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19328

Another situation: Molten Shell + Elemental Reflect Aura = Weird Death

It's... Plaque!
Last edited by Skelecross on Feb 14, 2012, 6:52:32 AM
OK what happened to me i had Molten Shield on, had a pack of 10-15 mobs with the reflect aura, the SHield exploded but my bug is different, it prompted me with the resurrect button but i could not use it all the monsters around me were still standing as was i my health and mana were full and i couldnt do anything when about 10 seconds passed and the game crashed but i couldnt recover any reports, ill try to duplicate it and screenshot it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info