Windows 10 Creator Update

Windows 10 Creator Update can now be downloaded Manually in advance than waiting for April 11's Official Release. Has anybody downloaded/upgrade to it yet and have encountered any bugs/crashes when using it with Path of Exile. Especially with the announced Game Mode.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Last bumped on Apr 9, 2017, 3:20:34 AM
Thanks for the notice. The update went fine for me and PoE runs as always.

Supposedly you have to manually activate game mode for each game from the game bar. But when I hit Win-G in PoE, the screen flashes with a light wash a couple times and then carries on without showing the game bar. Other games I just tried, such as Crashlands and Ashes of the Singularity behaved the same so it's not specific to PoE, but Factorio showed the game bar.

After switching PoE to windowed fullscreen (from fullscreen) I was able to see the game bar and enable game mode.. PoE worked fine. I reverted to fullscreen after, but I've no idea if Game Mode is still active. There was a weird strobe-like flicker after reverting to fullscreen that went away when I restarted the client.

I didn't see a measurable performance change in either case. I'm running a late 2013 Mac Pro with D700 GPUs, so pretty overkill for PoE still to begin with. Others may notice a difference in this mode.

Wouldn't surprise me if the game bar doesn't like my graphics cards/drivers. And Apple doesn't seem to care in the slightest about keeping them up to date with AMD's release schedule (still stuck on 15.301). But I wouldn't trade this system for anything at the moment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info