All Portal Effects On Sale Now!

Both the idea of this and the timing are interesting.

I'm a fan of the idea - if you want to buy Portal X and you're waiting for a sale then you could have a long time to wait - particularly for the older MTX. Doing an occasional group sale where they're all up for grabs is a great QoL boost for us, and I'm sure it helps people press M.

Although there does come a point when we have several portal MTX and don't really want much more of them. I have two Breach portals, the Shaper portal, portals came in supporter packs such as the Ascendancy ones, and I kind of feel like I have enough. I might buy one of the Gore, Kaom and Black Hole MTX - but if I do, that's probably my last portal MTX purchase.

A suggestion I've seen on Reddit is the ability to select portal MTX as favourites, and have the game randomly pick one favourite portal MTX each time you open a portal. I think this would help stave off the feeling of having "too many" portals, which should translate into more portal MTX purchasas over time (and marginally increased interest of supporter packs with portal MTX).

As for the timing, like I said it's interesting. I could be totally off base here, but I would guess that this is a bit of a lull where most players are low-ish on points, and there's probably a lot of us planning to buy larger than normal supporter packs in FoO to help support the six new acts.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
EonLight wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:

No, if you purchase a $5 coin pack right now, you can later decide you want to use it to count against upgrading to a Legacy Supporter pack. It'll cost $25 instead of $30, and you'll get 200 points instead of 250.

Oh ok, didn't know that. That seems rather convenient. So if you buy Classic Supporter and then 200 points, would the Legacy Supporter upgrade only cost $10 after that then?

Should be safe to assume points only count towards existing supporter packs right? And do we get to pick which supporter pack the points go towards if there is more then one active (Atlas vs Legacy for example)?

Correct on the $10. Up to 80% of a supporter pack can be funded through non-supporter pack point packages (in your example 33% would be non-supporter point packs). Also, my original post said Legacy when it should have said Classic, oops.

You can use it on any pack that is currently active, and the points have to be bought while that pack is active (or at least, after the current packs are inactive). That is, points right now can go towards any Atlas pack, the Classic pack, or the Legacy pack but not any Oriath pack. In the store it'll show you next to each pack what it costs to upgrade to that pack based on your current spending, and it shows you what you get as a consequence of upgrading.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Now you're thinking with portals GGG.
A lot of people have complained about the ability to receive duplicate portal effects in the gambling packs that GGG offers.

Allow me to add my voice to theirs for one very simply reason: You allow us to PURCHASE duplicate effects. I just tested it, and sure enough, it's true.

So, sure. Call me stupid for even trying. But the fact that your system is not even robust enough to inform users that purchasing a duplicate effect will not benefit them in any way should speak volumes regarding what work needs to be done on this system.

I suspected this was true, but hoped it wasn't.

But it was.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
EonLight wrote:
"
element274 wrote:

Oh, I've always thought those portals not available in the shop are challenge league rewards.
And when they announce "ALL" Portal Effects On Sale Now! My puny brain translates that to an awesome one time event sale of "ALL" portals in the game, even Piety's portal. lol.

I'll see if I can get my hands on those Karmakoin cards, thanks for the heads up. :)

Don't think that'll help you at all. Most portal effects are promotional offers. The one for Voidgate expired more than 2 years ago. There are a bunch of MTXs (armors, portals, pets, etc) that come with supporter packs. These (as GGG has made clear on multiple occasions) NEVER return after the supporter packs leave. This means they are NEVER in the shop, they can NEVER be "discounted", and you will NEVER have them if you missed your chance. And no, before you ask, there isn't even an illegal way to get them since MTX trading isn't a thing in POE. Exclusive MTXs are exclusive.

The Voidgate purchase via KarmaKoins still works fine. I just did it a few days ago.
"
element274 wrote:
"
EonLight wrote:

The one for Voidgate expired more than 2 years ago.

Feelsbad man.

The Voidgate one still works. Just FYI.
"
wayne7666 wrote:
"
EonLight wrote:
"
element274 wrote:

Oh, I've always thought those portals not available in the shop are challenge league rewards.
And when they announce "ALL" Portal Effects On Sale Now! My puny brain translates that to an awesome one time event sale of "ALL" portals in the game, even Piety's portal. lol.

I'll see if I can get my hands on those Karmakoin cards, thanks for the heads up. :)

Don't think that'll help you at all. Most portal effects are promotional offers. The one for Voidgate expired more than 2 years ago. There are a bunch of MTXs (armors, portals, pets, etc) that come with supporter packs. These (as GGG has made clear on multiple occasions) NEVER return after the supporter packs leave. This means they are NEVER in the shop, they can NEVER be "discounted", and you will NEVER have them if you missed your chance. And no, before you ask, there isn't even an illegal way to get them since MTX trading isn't a thing in POE. Exclusive MTXs are exclusive.

The Voidgate purchase via KarmaKoins still works fine. I just did it a few days ago.

CONFIRMED. I just did it today (April 7, 2017), karma koin still works by buying paypal gift $10, then using that to buy 100 points (SHOP-->Buy 100 points with karma koin code), received voidgate portal immediately.

If you want 2 portals for 1, do this, and you can get 2 for the price of 1!
I wait All Totem Effects On Sale
Would you kindly inform us when would FoO supporter pack be released. Thank you.
Last edited by TrichocereusSP on Apr 9, 2017, 5:37:49 AM
Awesome, love group sales!

Bought two portals I was missing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info