[3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

I've started a character using this build, currently level 45 or so. Should I spec into CI at this level and look for some es leveling gear, or go with life (and life passives) until I can equip the howa claws?
"
djlethal wrote:
I've started a character using this build, currently level 45 or so. Should I spec into CI at this level and look for some es leveling gear, or go with life (and life passives) until I can equip the howa claws?

Generally you take CI when your ES is high enough that enemies don't tend to remove it all and have you rely on life. Another approach is to look and see if 20%ish of your ES is equal to your current life pool so if you had 800 life then 4000 ES would be a reasonable time to swap

Its very gear and playstyle dependent of when to change but there is no pressure to change early. Just keep a life flask on your belt for when you need it. Waiting until wearing the claws and good gear in the late 60s early 70s is fine
Last edited by WaffleT on Apr 25, 2017, 5:53:19 PM
Why did you put Fertile Mind in top socket (near Heart of Thunder)?

also, lvl 40 tree in leveling section is actually lvl 60.
"
Baddgulf wrote:
Why did you put Fertile Mind in top socket (near Heart of Thunder)?

also, lvl 40 tree in leveling section is actually lvl 60.

That jewel socket covers the Dark arts notable that has 20 dex on it. A simplified way of thinking about it is that 10 int = 1 affix slot on a jewel.

Since you don't take dark arts until very last a fertile mind in that jewel socket is about as good as a 2 affix jewel but after getting dark arts its as good as a 4 affix jewel. The tree mirrors what mine is currently at but I trust that if people happen to have better jewels they'll figure that out

Technically the tree was displaying lvl 40 but its hard to tell exactly how many of the bonus passive points from quests, ascendancy and bandits people have at what level. I've changed the wording to hopefully make things clearer
never see my golem anymore after i got cwdt to level 20 but im prob running to low tiers for it to proc atm so guess it gets better tier15+ maps
moooo
it says u need 5 fertile mind but u actualy use 4 and 1 is brute force instead *Jewels*
Last edited by rocxy27 on May 1, 2017, 5:22:11 AM
"
faids4you wrote:
never see my golem anymore after i got cwdt to level 20 but im prob running to low tiers for it to proc atm so guess it gets better tier15+ maps

I run as low as tier 11 and still have my golem active pretty much all the time. As soon as you hit a reflect mob or dive into the middle of a big pack it should activate so that seems weird

"
rocxy27 wrote:
it says u need 5 fertile mind but u actualy use 4 and 1 is brute force instead *Jewels*

You are incorrect I do use 5 fertile mind and 1 brute force jewels. You probably didn't count the fertile mind jewel in the top socket next to dark arts. Not that it matters that much as I'm sure people can figure out the jewels themselves
Do you mind sharing a complete skill tree for Spectral Throw user? I can't see it on the first page nor I have the sufficient experience to modify the skill tree myself.
"
Nursh wrote:
Do you mind sharing a complete skill tree for Spectral Throw user? I can't see it on the first page nor I have the sufficient experience to modify the skill tree myself.

Bah to spectral throw BAH I say! Haha its lower damage and mechanics just make me not want to use it myself but I understand why people like it

Its not much change just cutting Dark Arts, Amplify and Forces of Nature for proj speed and point blank so something like this

www.poeurl.com/bixL
Last edited by WaffleT on May 2, 2017, 5:53:20 AM
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Nursh wrote:

Bah to spectral throw BAH I say! Haha its lower damage and mechanics just make me not want to use it myself but I understand why people like it

Its not much change just cutting Dark Arts, Amplify and Forces of Nature for proj speed and point blank so something like this

www.poeurl.com/bixL

So if I cut off Dark Arts, what jewel should I put near that area? Still Fertile Mind? Also, would it affect me stats significantly If i go with 23 INT Fertile mind instead of 24 because it was too expensive?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info