[3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

"
Zindax wrote:

big post

I'm certainly sacrificing potential dps, as you say, with some of my choices but I feel I need those fail safes/QOL in hc. I always play my chars with the mantra of preventing those 0.1% moments when the stars align against me and the game tries to rip me (...or I just happen to be lazy on the flasks). It already hurt a bit when I dropped 2xPuritys maxres but I argued with myself that Incandescent makes up for it, brain is still telling me to go back, but my heart loves the dps. I'm probably a bit paranoid in the res department but I don't trust myself to keep flasks up once that powerful crit, hexfront guy sneaks up on me and crits me with eleweakness.

In any case I'd always go for balanced res for Oak, it's just too good (maybe I'd drop cold part since we have Dying sun+Vinktar up?).

Bloodrage is also a choice I made for QOL (which meant TimeofNeed+ZO+no VP), higher attackspeed means I can zoom around a bit faster and stuff dies in maps so fast anyway, another benefit is that multistrike animationlock is slighty bit shorter which means chances are I don't get stuck in something dangerous as much. It also adds the potential bloodrage AS enchant to the pool until you get MSball enchant. The occasional regen to top me off coupled with Death's door is awesome QOL while trying to farm the enchant too, and besides, who doesn't like more speed?!

I'm more and more becoming convinced I should go for a ES/hit watcherseye before I do 2xPerandus. It should make up for the lack of VP.
Question: Is vp really that noticeable in the grand scheme of things if you got the ES/hit jewel? I figure you reach max ES almost instantly with Eye which would stop the leechregen anyway since I don't have acess to slayers overleech node. I'll have to test it out eventually once I get there.

End of league, if I'm still alive, I might do a more boss centric setup for attempts at UberElder but for now I'll continue that T16 mapping grind for more lvls.
Last edited by Lysithea on Jul 11, 2018, 7:25:21 AM
overcap does nothing against pen
ign: reidan
Just got my first Uber Elder kill with this build so I'd say I'm pretty happy with it lol. Took quite a few attempts but i think it would be substantially easier with helm enchant and an ES on hit watchers eye. Im lvl 94 with 9.4kES and about 1.5mil dps.

Heres the gear I used if anyone is interested:

Not exactly the optimal set up but good enough I guess. My only issue with this build is how expensive those two big items are (vertex with MS enchant and a Watcher's Eye with %Mana as ES and either Lightning Pen or ES on Hit), My high point of the season was around 25 ex so 2 items that cost 40-60 ex each is pretty much just not happening lol. If you dont care about Uber Elder and and just want to faceroll all the other content in the game then this is a super cheap way to do it.
Any reommendations for a HC setting?

Went Guardian since I figured it would be more defensive but would be keen to here thoughts on other ascendancy choices

Here is my setup so far (lvl 74) just following the guide:
https://pastebin.com/WgH7T9q1

Looking at PoE.ninja, looks like some people opt for the regen route (skipping Vaal Pact)

I also see a lot of people running Memory Vault instead of The Vertex

haven't played enough to put my own spin on it yet but so far so good :)
Think i am going to give this build another shot, this time in hc. despite how boring and lack luster it is to me it still performs well and does the content. not to mention its fairly easy to gear. Going to try the guardian version of it tho last time i did the scion.
First of all, thanks for the build. It's been fun!

Shameless post but would anyone be interested in this on ISC?
im slapping myself for only reading this build guide now. i attempted a howa wander using power siphon and achieved a paltry 800k shaper dps before giving up.

altho the gear set obviously isnt very much the same i do have one particular item that i'm going to shamelessly plug here cuz it happens to work really well for this build and i want to sell it to help fund my next build

this build is disgustingly strong, just got into maps and i can facetank everything
i built a little different though, i threw out the pathing to VP and Point Blank, went Spectral Throw and got Zealot's oath and Time of Need (Character: TheGreatYeetening).
Combined with a Watcher's Eye with ES Recovery Rate all this regen and leech combined is much more comfy to play imo than Vaal Pact
I can also get a bunch more ES from the now free jewel sockets, i don't need Wildfire in this setup

What are your thoughts on this?
Really enjoying the build(guardian versioN). What i love the most though is being able to utilize vaal pact and still recharge energy shield when there's nothing left to hit... i.e when you over extend in the lab on traps find a comfy corner chill for a few seconds back to full ES and away you go again. Where as life without potions your deadmeat
Just managed to scrape together enough for the queen's sacrifice prophecy and absolutely blasted my way through uber atziri for the first time (1 silly death on the trio rain of spikes girl/thing)so now sitting pretty at 12kES tanky with atziri's reflection :D.
Awesome allrounder build - tanky, fast, huge damage, half to 3/4 screen coverage attack (ancestral call Luv ya) no gem or gear swaps,NON-META, smooth leveling, shock/ignite/curse immune (temp chains maps are A-OK :) ), on a psuedo support character!! I think im going to struggle to find a new character to re roll into after this one!
So after playing the scion in flashback and the guardian in isc, i have to say most of my problems with this build are gone. the guardian version is a lot better imho. i feel you should really write up a full guide in the templar forum. it truly deserves it.

My guardian has around 10.7k es. its so nice to be so tanky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info