[3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

"
ScottEvill wrote:
"
Red_Zebra wrote:
Hey man,

I really enjoy the build. Last league I did a molten strike berserker and really wanted to try your version. So far I've killed all of the guardians deathless and shaper deathless. I just spawned uber elder and I'll give that a try later today.

Hi.
So how is you'r Uber going?)

Thinking of respec to howa,and have a few questions.
What will be the good enchants for helm/boots/gloves? Or mb any usful corruptions?
Why do you use second claw,and not the ES or Atziri shild? Isnt it to squishy this way?
How is the Lightning Warp works here?
What is you'r resists for the Wise Oak?
With mods for the Wather's Eye woold you suggest?

THX

Hello,

I actually haven't started it yet but hopefully today I'll find some time. (Edit: I just did uber elder. The t16 guardians were done deathless without any issues. I died twice on uber elder both my mistakes. But the next time I'm positive I can do it deathless. I had kaom's roots when I was doing uber elder with my other build so being slowed to that extent caught me off guard. Overall a pretty quick kill)

For helm you definitely want molten strike projectiles but it's rare. I've had a notification for the enchant for the last few days with no bites. For boots the highest DPS I believe was lightning damage when you haven't killed. But ele pen when you haven't killed and attack speed on kill were close. Something that is neat is that being a full unique build there's generally a ceiling. You will get their eventually and you can only optimize so much. With corruptions there's so many implicits that are insane.

I use a second claw for the damage. I might save up for the reflection shield but it's around 50ex atm. I also have a ES on hit watcher's eye so as long as I play carefully I can keep myself healthy. But the reflection shield would give me like 1k ES.

I use lightning warp to get over ledges. I like to have some sort of way to hop over ledges. At 20/20 reduced duration and 20/20 lightning warp it's not great but it does what it needs to.

Right now my resists are exactly 75 across the board but I had to find 3 10% resist jewels. If i can get the reflection shield with a 30% roll I can drop those three jewels and get some bigger dps ones.

The biggest dps watcher's eye against bosses will be Wrath lightning Pen, followed most likely by Wrath damage. The gain extra phys and coversion most likely won't give you a good amount of damage. Another great one is ES gain on hit when you have discipline. Ideally you get lightning pen and the ES/hit. The ES on hit really helps with survivability.
Last edited by Red_Zebra on Jun 14, 2018, 1:10:53 PM
"
Red_Zebra wrote:
I actually haven't started it yet but hopefully today I'll find some time. (Edit: I just did uber elder. The t16 guardians were done deathless without any issues. I died twice on uber elder both my mistakes. But the next time I'm positive I can do it deathless. I had kaom's roots when I was doing uber elder with my other build so being slowed to that extent caught me off guard. Overall a pretty quick kill)

Ty for answer to all me questions.Very appreciated!

Still thinking about some kind of copy your build,but a little surprised on Watcher's eye prises.Same as your's is 20ex and it's the onley one on sale atm.

Congrats with Uber!!! Nice to hear its doable for the build.
Thx once again for reply.
What are your thoughts about Apep's Supremacy instead Atziri's Mirror until we get upgraded one?
Trying this build (Guardian version) for the first time and having tons of fun with it... thanks for the guide!

I do have a question/issue though and was hoping someone could help me out. I noticed in the guide it mentions that it should end up with Int > Str > Dex for the ignite resistance on the belt. In game I am using the same Uniques you suggest for Guardian and using the same skill tree (though I'm only 81 so haven't finished it yet. Saving the aura-related nodes (since my enlighten isn't 3 yet) and heart of thunder til last). I have 1,210 Int, 274 Str, and 368 Dex.

My question would be... why is my Dex higher than my Strength when I follow the guide exactly? How do I fix it?

P.S. the guide specifically states to use 1 Fertile Mind only between Duelist and Scion. If I use a second Fertile Mind on the right center of the tree in that jewel slot I have 1,370 Int, 274 Strength, 269 Dex. Fixes the Str < Dex issue and grants ~160 Int... I'm assuming this is the best solution?

P.P.S. I also have a Jewel with +10 Int/Str... without that I'd still be at too much Dex even with 2 Fertile Mind gems.
Last edited by BadNewsBeard on Jun 14, 2018, 11:11:37 PM
"
Xenhil wrote:
What are your thoughts about Apep's Supremacy instead Atziri's Mirror until we get upgraded one?

If you can manage getting the 30 all res elsewhere, it could be pretty good for your ES levels, but a pretty big loss of DPS
"
BadNewsBeard wrote:
Trying this build (Guardian version) for the first time and having tons of fun with it... thanks for the guide!

I do have a question/issue though and was hoping someone could help me out. I noticed in the guide it mentions that it should end up with Int > Str > Dex for the ignite resistance on the belt. In game I am using the same Uniques you suggest for Guardian and using the same skill tree (though I'm only 81 so haven't finished it yet. Saving the aura-related nodes (since my enlighten isn't 3 yet) and heart of thunder til last). I have 1,210 Int, 274 Str, and 368 Dex.

My question would be... why is my Dex higher than my Strength when I follow the guide exactly? How do I fix it?

P.S. the guide specifically states to use 1 Fertile Mind only between Duelist and Scion. If I use a second Fertile Mind on the right center of the tree in that jewel slot I have 1,370 Int, 274 Strength, 269 Dex. Fixes the Str < Dex issue and grants ~160 Int... I'm assuming this is the best solution?

P.P.S. I also have a Jewel with +10 Int/Str... without that I'd still be at too much Dex even with 2 Fertile Mind gems.

Yep you got it correct. the guardian uses 2 fertile mind jewels and I also happen to have a +strength and Int jewel. That part of the guide was written before I added in the guardian option and I forgot to update it.

Ignite immunity is a nice bonus but not worth going too far out of the way for. Both fertile mind jewels are the best jewels for their slots and then how much dex over Str you have will depend on the dex roll on boots and claw. If its easy to pick up ignite immunity you might as well, otherwise you can just deal with ignites or get immunity on a flask
Been playing the guardian version, love it so far.

Just had a quick question, in the path of building, why does the vessel of vinktar have a 10% more damge mod on it?
I don't know if its been mentioned before, but if you are running the Scion version and want a little bit more of a mana buffer, you can pick up 2x Wildfire's with 1% Reduced Mana Reserved corrupted implicits. It bumps your unreserved from 3% to 6%. They're fairly cheap right now too, like 10-15c?
Last edited by Talehon on Jun 15, 2018, 7:05:52 PM
"
ScottEvill wrote:
"
Red_Zebra wrote:

Ty for answer to all me questions.Very appreciated!

Still thinking about some kind of copy your build,but a little surprised on Watcher's eye prises.Same as your's is 20ex and it's the onley one on sale atm.

Congrats with Uber!!! Nice to hear its doable for the build.
Thx once again for reply.

Yeah I would recommend just putting up a live search for the jewel mods. I got lucky and grabbed it for 6 ex.

It's definitely doable for the build. Uber elder is a 100% mechanical fight, as soon as you understand all of the attacks and don't get too greedy for damage you can dodge enough and do good damage.

My kill today was about 3 minutes long but I think I can get it at least 15-20 seconds lower.
"
Red_Zebra wrote:

Yeah I would recommend just putting up a live search for the jewel mods. I got lucky and grabbed it for 6 ex.

It's definitely doable for the build. Uber elder is a 100% mechanical fight, as soon as you understand all of the attacks and don't get too greedy for damage you can dodge enough and do good damage.

My kill today was about 3 minutes long but I think I can get it at least 15-20 seconds lower.

Hope to try buld this week.Still have to farm a bit to afford 6l boddy,and some more regret orbs.

For Bandits,do we kii all?
How hard is to of-colur Incandescent to 4R/2B? Or should im aim to buy already of-colored one?
The better idia would be to get top roll Sin trek or with the good enchant?
At start i'l be short on 5 passives. Witch one is beter to drop(last one to take),Heart of Thunder+4 connected nodes in the top of the tree,or Jewel+Mind Drinker and some intel at the right side?
Hope I'l be fine
before can afford better one?

Congrats on you'r helm enchant).Must be a game destroyer now)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info