[3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

Could you post your jewels please? Including them in gear section would help, for reference if anything.

Edit: I don't want to nitpick but could you also specify where to put what jewel? Since Scion is located in the center of the tree a fun way to describe each location would be witch compass direction, like:
near south - x jewel
far south - x jewel
etc

But that's just a thought.
Last edited by sqvirel on Apr 9, 2017, 2:50:35 PM
Why not use Vinktar ?
What are your thoughts on reave as a potential skill?
@sqvirel
uhh I guess I'll take off my jewels and link them when I get a chance although I'm not sure how thats any more clear then my description of what to look for

@4zrae1
I haven't had a Vinktar drop for me. If you have one or can be bothered to buy one then just add 50% more DPS onto this build. I did write in the flask section that it was worth getting even though I haven't

@ultra_super_hyper
Reave got gutted in the aoe changes. From what I've read it feels horrible to play now. I never liked the pressure to keep up stacks so I didn't play it even when it was good
Last edited by WaffleT on Apr 10, 2017, 6:42:18 AM
Spoiler
Disregarding the aoe changes, the damage would not be that bad, yes?

Nvm that^

I tried it and it seems that even though the damage is okay, the aoe nerf makes it kinda pathetic ompared to something like Blade Flurry or Frost blades.
Last edited by ultra_super_hyper on Apr 10, 2017, 7:29:16 AM
What are the best ways to get Frenzy charges in this build?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:

uh blood rage I guess. I see some ES builds using that. I don't feel like getting frenzy charges is worth it
Hi i want to ask if there are also good other options for atziris splendour ? For example shavronnes wrappings (and not take chaos inoculation and spent the points elsewhere ? )
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

uh blood rage I guess. I see some ES builds using that. I don't feel like getting frenzy charges is worth it

From what I've read I've heard that HOWAs have a low base attack speed, it feels like Frenzy charges would help.

Blood Rage or Poacher's Mark seem possible.

Green Dream or Nightmare might work too.

The last option I'm seeing are the Conduit nodes.
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:

From what I've read I've heard that HOWAs have a low base attack speed, it feels like Frenzy charges would help.

Blood Rage or Poacher's Mark seem possible.

Green Dream or Nightmare might work too.

The last option I'm seeing are the Conduit nodes.

We get a ton of attack speed from the tree and gem. My current attack time is 0.11 seconds on bladeflurry which is on par with the bladeflurry builds using daggers with high base attack speed. The next several points in my tree will also be spent on attack speed to get even higher.

Blood rage doesn't really have an opportunity cost so running it only means being ok with the degen.

Poachers mark, jewel sockets or conduit require spending points in the tree on inefficient nodes and you're better off just getting normal damage that is there all the time instead of frenzy generation that will only be up some of the time. Frenzy charges are not more valuable then the good damage nodes.

@DBB2003
Yeah I played around with a shavs for a while since I had a 6 linked one but just gave up and 6 linked an atziri's splendour as in my opinion its better. Swapping to shavs loses you 2-4k ES for no real benefit and is harder to chrome into the right colours

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info