[3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

Just wanted to say thanks for this build :)

Hit 70 and gathering a few more things to cap resists and organize tree; I am going with occultist over templar and saving similar points and honestly imo new occultist is way better than templar with stun immunity, +1 curse and effectiveness (ele weakness from gloves plus low cwdt enfeeble or temp chains sorta thing) as well as a decent chunk of regen since damage is not really an issue. I'll still be touching templar and duelist starts as well as witch (the regen is a nice qol for whirling) making pure talent that much better.

I guess just one question: how good is the es on hit watcher's in practice? :) (only 1 up online/offline with the leech combo :()
IGN: CPU, Gas, Cop, Live, Flee, Oil
Agree with above. I can switch from Inquisitor to Occultist. Add proj weakness on my cwdt and have almost the same dmg but with stun immunity. 1.5% ES regen is a bonus for blood rage.
Last edited by gigarez on Apr 10, 2018, 2:11:33 PM
what gems u put in boots ? chekit everthing cant found thx
"
volish2k wrote:
what gems u put in boots ? chekit everthing cant found thx

Anything you want. I personally use the leftover gem slots for CWDT + IC + Proj Weakness (taking occultist for double curses).
Completed red elder (T12) for the first time ever (and deathless) with this build. Literally facetanked everything except for the expanding ring; the only worrying part was keeping Shaper alive (and now I know about the frost wall trick).

Seriously amazing stuff, especially with an ES gain on hit watcher's eye.
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
gigarez wrote:
Do you think it's worth using a Skyforth to mitigate most stuns? I lose like 50 int and quite a bit of ES. The advantage is that I can free up 2 points from leadership and invest maybe in the jewel socket near CI for some extra stun and compensate the ES/Int lost with a good jewel.

The build can't really afford to lose ES and Sin Trek have much more ES potential then skyforth. When I messed around with it I lose less value swapping inquisitor into occultist to get full stun immunity if you really feel you need it

"
DrSlump wrote:
Have u considered dual wielding HoWA? It's like double your damage, ofc chance to block will be decreased.

People far overestimate double claw damage. Its 18.9% more damage and you lose ES, resistances, block and evasion.

If your only concern is damage and ignore block and you have really expensive gear that supplies more resistances and ES then you need then yes you can afford to swap without concern.

This build is more about being accessible and less about spending multiple exalts for small damage increases. In my opinion if you want to sink a few hundred orbs into a HOWA build I would start from scratch getting top tier rares in each slot

It really doubles the damage, you should put one there instead of calculating. Problem is however is resists, everything else we can sacrifice but resists are our weakness.
"
Fistaniderya wrote:

It really doubles the damage, you should put one there instead of calculating. Problem is however is resists, everything else we can sacrifice but resists are our weakness.

I suspect you are trusting in game tooltip which is accurate in almost nothing. This is why all the builds use path of building to calculate things now as it gives us more accurate numbers

Swapping into another claw loses us some Int so the only gains are 30% increased elemental damage, 10% more attack speed duel wield bonus and another global dex into attack speed buff. There is no reason that should equal 100% more damage although attack speed will always make things feel smoother in play

I tested in game using jewels and blood rage to replicate the 30% ele dmg and enough attack speed to match the swap and got significantly less tooltip then the double claw. This is because while duel wielding claws the game is displaying "total combined claw damage" and "attacks per second" correctly but when it comes to calculating final tooltip its still adding in a global (not local) lightning damage per Int for both claws however according to current knowledge that is only a tooltip bug not a bug that effects your actual damage.

The math is important to find out why something is better then something else because if something is giving more then it should then it could be something we can exploit but its more likely to be just be an error or bug
Last edited by WaffleT on Apr 12, 2018, 2:33:42 AM
"
WaffleT wrote:

The math is important to find out why something is better then something else because if something is giving more then it should then it could be something we can exploit but its more likely to be just be an error or bug

What is the math behind using Ancestral Call in the gem setup, and why is it better than lets say conc effect vs single target?

Also lets be reasonable, for the potential 4m shaper dps you should clarify that it needs a good deal of multiple exalts in order to reach, because have you checked lately the price of the enchant on a Vertex?
I would just say Vertex with the specific enchant is just a distant dream for the average player, even better-than-average players i doubt if they would pay 50ex for a helm enchant.

Would u suggest something else to compensate for the loss of the helm enchant?
maybe use blood rage + vaal haste?
Maybe another unique helm?
would it be wise to use blood rage on this setup? is the degen too harsh to come over?

"
nel0angel0 wrote:

What is the math behind using Ancestral Call in the gem setup, and why is it better than lets say conc effect vs single target?

Also lets be reasonable, for the potential 4m shaper dps you should clarify that it needs a good deal of multiple exalts in order to reach, because have you checked lately the price of the enchant on a Vertex?
I would just say Vertex with the specific enchant is just a distant dream for the average player, even better-than-average players i doubt if they would pay 50ex for a helm enchant.

Would u suggest something else to compensate for the loss of the helm enchant?
maybe use blood rage + vaal haste?
Maybe another unique helm?
would it be wise to use blood rage on this setup? is the degen too harsh to come over?

I remember doing the math and I believe Ancestral was roughly equal to concentrated effect although that can change depending on factors. Ancestral call always wins in dps on large bosses or bosses with adds near them. The additional range and quality of life on ancestral call makes it hard to drop

I think I'm pretty clear on the main page that the final number includes the enchant but that you get plenty of damage without it. I'm happy to answer questions especially since no new build idea caught my attention this league but I'm not going to write and update prices based on current market trends.

I know I got my helm enchant for cheap at a few ex during Abyss league since people were not playing this kind of build and now that has changed but prices in the build just gets outdated and yes there is other places you can get extra damage and other helms that you can make work in the slot instead

I did consider adding in blood rage to the build with the occultist/raider variant of the tree since it gets 1.5% ES regen even with vaal pact but that was still too much degen for my taste. This is a preference thing though and many people are fine running blood rage with the full 4% degen

Hey,

Would like to thx OP for this build i am leveling.

Was trying the hierophant's one at first but didn't fit my playstyle so i kept all the stuff and just rerolled as a Scion.

I am not a big fan of molten strike. Yes it is powerhouse against boss but i don't feel safe against trash so i will try my best on spectral throw.

The only question i have is about enchant on helm. What do you thing is better ?

Spectral throw damage ? Projectile speed or projectile deceleration ?

The futur stuff i will wear when lvl 75+

Spoiler

Finaly last question ... What is the better ascendancy so ? Inquisitor or Occultist ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info