[3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

Updated the build for 3.1
I'm surprised you aren't using Dying Sun for another 2 projectiles or Penetration Vinktar, which is also stupidly cheap this league.
Cyclopean Coil makes you Shock immune so Vessel would be no.1 dps flask. Unless you don't use it because of the number of charges it consumes?
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
"
Bristoling wrote:
I'm surprised you aren't using Dying Sun for another 2 projectiles or Penetration Vinktar, which is also stupidly cheap this league.
Cyclopean Coil makes you Shock immune so Vessel would be no.1 dps flask. Unless you don't use it because of the number of charges it consumes?

I did mention those options in the flask section

Vessel is cheap and gives best DPS but only 1 use and no defense

Currently all my flasks except atziri's also give damage reduction or immunity to a status effect

I guess I could swap atziri's into vessel but plenty of bosses do have immunity phases now so an extra use is good

Dying sun is an upgrade but haven't bothered to buy one yet
hi, how about jugg version(bcs we hav toomuch acc... and jugg goood sourse utilise it 1%atkspeed = 200acc / 50%atkspeed = 10000acc) its should do like
cons
10%less dmg
1k less es(refundable with es# jewels)
pros
stun and freez immunity
temp chains immune
free end charges
anticrit panteon
faster shieldcharges and molten 11aps

Last edited by mndstrm on Jan 21, 2018, 7:53:01 AM
"
mndstrm wrote:
hi, how about jugg version(bcs we hav toomuch acc... and jugg goood sourse utilise it 1%atkspeed = 200acc / 50%atkspeed = 10000acc) its should do like
cons
10%less dmg
pros
stun and freez immunity
temp chains immune
free end charges
anticrit panteon

The build stretches out to the corners of the skill tree to get Ghost reaver, ele overload, vaal pact and point blank. No other class is really in a good position to do that and I think you underestimate the value in the base stats and skill points that the ascendent has.

Feel free to post a tree that you think would compare in damage or ES but whenever I try crafting with another class I end up with considerably less ES and DPS
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
mndstrm wrote:
cons
10%less dmg
pros
stun and freez immunity
temp chains immune
free end charges
anticrit panteon

The build stretches out to the corners of the skill tree to get Ghost reaver, ele overload, vaal pact and point blank. No other class is really in a good position to do that and I think you underestimate the value in the base stats and skill points that the ascendent has.

Feel free to post a tree that you think would compare in damage or ES but whenever I try crafting with another class I end up with considerably less ES and DPS

https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAQUACxEAAH97jCUnXUlnm64-xq48LQthr2xo8jzvGF2t8cBmRUdrrDdH-d21BOQi1aYpT-w4hXtmVJ48jHaCmzrYMol35Rpsna6nCNgkVkjr7hzcjxq4kyj6V8kNfOq6tAzK076KoS9GcYMJYENuPb6Ab57KSlFMrEd9WypNPydKyIqvkBF7w4LkvrwA7izphrMVIN0NW69OKio4LYMZtL6nwo74oZstdcvqYhR1pMKTJ3_GMFutMxnXbAsi9G0ZEVCnK8HF7Bgsv3C72RMvb4_60NBfakcG2-dsCPGKEZYOSF3yKwoRL6IuUEKMNpAK4YgdqoNf97kWu31zrQnLHtI4wAEGxgAAAAAA

ofc less dmg.. and es... and 95lvl(not hard to get) but soul of solaris give more then 1k es eq... antistun and freez... and other shit

so solaris = 15%less es
and culling strike claw/totem = 10less dmg

stats are same... can place str->int jew at start mar
Last edited by mndstrm on Jan 21, 2018, 9:28:39 AM
"
mndstrm wrote:

ofc less dmg.. and es... and 95lvl(not hard to get) but soul of solaris give more then 1k es eq... antistun and freez... and other shit

so solaris = 15%less es
and culling strike claw/totem = 10less dmg

stats are same... can place str->int jew at start mar

Interesting with what you decided to cut. I booted up the build and changed it to a jugg tree that is pretty similar to yours but cutting back to level 91 so comparisons are fair

My defense scion tree had
level 91
172,361 Molten hit DPS
10,192 ES

The jugg tree had
level 91
137,612 Molten hit DPS
7,479 ES

So it has 26% less damage and 2700 less ES in exchange for the pantheon change, antistun and antifreeze.

Not sure what you mean with culling strike there as it doesn't seem unique to jugg or anything, just something either build can do

jugg does have some neat stuff but scion getting free frenzy and onslaught plus good ES makes it hard to beat for me

I have not read all the posts above, but my question is going to be simple, that they can put in the boots to improve the build. Thank you for your answers. And if possible explain why
I see bristoling has a similar build for ST, I'm going pure ST, what's the pro and con of ur build vs his? Lvling a scion now
what would ur passive tree be with ST? slower/greater projectile and lightning pen instead of multi strike and ancestor call?
Last edited by sivertry on Jan 24, 2018, 8:25:44 PM
"
sivertry wrote:
I see bristoling has a similar build for ST, I'm going pure ST, what's the pro and con of ur build vs his? Lvling a scion now
what would ur passive tree be with ST? slower/greater projectile and lightning pen instead of multi strike and ancestor call?

Spectral throw dps displays 1 hit but hits between 1-5 times depending on size of target, positioning and projectile speed

So I took the "My character (ST, with Watcher's Clarity)" version of bristolls pastebin, removed vaal haste, blood rage changed the clarity watchers eye into a wrath penetration version, changed the target to shaper and added in point blank. The aim being to make our numbers as fairly comparable as possible, all those things can be added or removed to either build

Bristoll
lvl 91
shaper dps per hit 626,364
8,238 ES
78% Evade
15% Block
https://pastebin.com/dgqVaXxw

I took the dps version of my tree changed the dying sun flask back into atziri's promise and the wildfire jewels into damage rares. I also swapped the two strength nodes to take Mind drinker since spectral throw will need some mana leech to sustain its higher cost

WaffleT
lvl 91
shaper dps per hit 583,798
9,084 ES
84% Evade
35% Block
https://pastebin.com/5mNRzYMx

If I cut ES nodes from my tree for damage or cut damage nodes for ES nodes in Bristoll's tree then the dps/es numbers end up pretty even.

Either of our builds can use a clarity watchers eye for easiest ES and then cut ES for more damage nodes but those are pretty expensive so I don't like to assume someone can get one.

The cheap uniques I use are easier to get ahold of and make the build easier to get off the ground but rares have more room to grow into high budget or mirror tier items. If I look at Bristolls "50ex budget" pastebin then the gear will outpace the cheap uniques I use.
Last edited by WaffleT on Jan 25, 2018, 2:09:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info