[3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

Hey. I'm using this build and I love it! It's very fast and easy to kill everything so far (I have lvl 87 and doing up to t14 maps).
But I'm worried about what will happen to build after 3.0 and changes with ES.
"

Hey. I'm using this build and I love it! It's very fast and easy to kill everything so far (I have lvl 87 and doing up to t14 maps).
But I'm worried about what will happen to build after 3.0 and changes with ES.

The build as-is will be close to dead if all the current changes to ES and leech remain in 3.0 . You could still play it as-is, but without instant leech to ES and significantly lower ES you'll much more often see your character dead.

Being able to wear 10 uniques and do all the content was fun while it lasted. If you want the same facetanking gameplay you're looking at a life based character with different gear, different tree, and significantly less damage (aka completely different build).

Not worth trying to test on 3.0 temp league since the claws will be much harder to acquire. Someone will probably figure out something viable in the future but it won't be anywhere close to what it currently is. RIP
"

The build as-is will be close to dead if all the current changes to ES and leech remain in 3.0 . You could still play it as-is, but without instant leech to ES and significantly lower ES you'll much more often see your character dead.

Being able to wear 10 uniques and do all the content was fun while it lasted. If you want the same facetanking gameplay you're looking at a life based character with different gear, different tree, and significantly less damage (aka completely different build).

Not worth trying to test on 3.0 temp league since the claws will be much harder to acquire. Someone will probably figure out something viable in the future but it won't be anywhere close to what it currently is. RIP

Don't count the chickens before they hatch. The new claw system allows an ES shield which makes up for the ES nerfs. We don't use a massive ES chest base anyway so that nerf won't hit this build as hard. The build tended to rely more on one shotting everything then face tanking but its true that dodging will be better for pretty much every build after the vaal pact nerf. Good news is that frees up more skill points to be used elsewhere

The scion buff will also help close the damage gap but it could still be a problem since the claw damage loss is significant. I'm waiting to see what changes get finalised after the beta, there is much possibilities for the build to be crushed or get better depending on what skill tree changes and unique items are introduced on release

ES used to be so much better then life and will be brought back in line but whispering ice and HOWA builds will always have a strong incentive to go ES and life isn't a cake walk either to survive with
Last edited by WaffleT on Jun 14, 2017, 3:58:11 AM
Around what level should we have 10k-12k ES, full build? This probably isn't the best build for leveling, but I really enjoy it. I am just a bit concerned about my low ES, I'm level 50 with only 1.1k ES (with Disc aura). Is that number terrible for my level? Any gear suggestions to fix it? Thank you in advance, this build is still awesome!
"
Alykatze wrote:
Around what level should we have 10k-12k ES, full build? This probably isn't the best build for leveling, but I really enjoy it. I am just a bit concerned about my low ES, I'm level 50 with only 1.1k ES (with Disc aura). Is that number terrible for my level? Any gear suggestions to fix it? Thank you in advance, this build is still awesome!

If your Es is only 1.1 then you'd still be relying on life as your main defense until you were higher enough level to start wearing the better items. There is some stuff in the leveling section on that but just anything you find with life or ES is good enough for leveling while you wait until you can wear the actual endgame stuff and have good enough ES to start relying on that as your defense
What do you recommend to ascend first? (sorry if you already got this question earlier)
Hi, tree isn't being shown after 3.0, can you repost the tree please, thanks.
Ahh, impatiently waiting for an update!! Love this build; only class and build that I like so far. Can't wait to see the results, hope it isn't a flop. :)
R.I.P. for budget
ES nerfs hit this version pretty hard but I did eventually end up remaking this build. I chose Templar so I moved it to a new thread but I have included a scion version as well in the new guide and it still gets good DPS and ES as this one did

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1989546

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info