Edge Of Madness Slayer (advice welcomed too)

Hello, I have had huge success with this build. I still think it could use improvements and thats why I'm posting. I'm able to do all T15 maps, haven't tried guardians because no drops other than Chimera (poison immune and I lose alot of damage.) Uber lab is a joke, Aztri is a joke and always is, all breachlords done minus Chayula but I almost have enough splinters. I'm able to do pretty much everything but sometimes the build just feels like crap, I recently Q20 all the gems and I'm releveling them now. I get alot of bonus damage from leeching, and by also increasing the leech cap to provide alot more single target dps to bosses from using the ascent belt. So my tool-tip dps isn't accurate and I'm not 100% sure what my actual dps is. I'm going out on a limb and assuming its only around 100k, so its not alot. Here is my current gear, and passive tree.

Gear
Spoiler

Passive Skill Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAAHcBLMFLQW1CZYLYQxwDY0PqxQgFSAWvxm0IVUhYCP2JpUnny2DMHw1kjY9OQ464UCgQzFHfkp9TP9Nkk3jUEdRR1HaU7tVS1dUXhNfOV8_YVJh4mKsZU1nm2jyaoxqk2yMbWxvJ287dO108XfjeA15aHrvfXWE2YWnhrSHaod2irOK8I19jb-PYJOolSSVzJd5mmqbLZ2qogCi2aOKpTWmV6luqZSuPq9ssKuw2LKAtMW1SLXyuR29Nr6nv9XAGsEEwuzEgsauyBTTfti92sHcPeRR7T_uDu8O707vevAf8kX1b_aj-WP8xf4K_ro=?accountName=ZACHWILDCAT&characterName=MadnessSlayer

I know someone was "theory" crafting a build like the one I have created and I even commented on it that I had actually created it etc but it seems the thread has died. I feel like this is a pretty solid build in theory but something is missing. It could be my passives are a bit screwed up, or maybe I need to obtain a new piece of gear. Thanks in advance.
Last bumped on May 8, 2017, 7:05:24 AM
Hi i was planning this build too since i saw the buff to cherrumim and carnage, this is the skill tree i made:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAAUtB3UMcA48EPAUIBRNFHEUdRiRGNsbqiFVIWAj9iefLiMuUzBxMHwxnjGwNZI26DfUOkI6UjrhO7ZAoEZpR35KfUt4TZJN41BHUUdW-ldUWK9eE185Xz9hUmMXZU1noG8nbzt07XTxdqx313gNeHp5aHrvfNl_K4E6ggeE2YTvhaeGYIa0h2qHdoqzivCNfY2_j2CTmZOommqbLaU1plepJ6luqZSwq7KAtfK7nryfvTa-p8AawKbBBMEHxILL9c9-02_UI9RS137Yvdl82sHcPdy93ajjn-RR5w_qGO0_7w7vTvJF8lr1Yfcy-Ov8S_4K_o8=

I think that RT for a non crit build is still too strong to skip, i also took acro and phase since we can' t stack many armour and some more points in life wouldn' t make much difference.
I was thinking about two different setup one for mob killing(mabye lacerate?) and one for bosses (Viper) because i prefer 20% more damage from Slayer, but this is my personal choice.

PS: Also have you considered the idea of using one Ming's Heart? It's another 20% multiplier, the 10% life loss isn' t to noticeble with 200% life from tree and 3 free jewel slot(1 for viper)
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
Last edited by crazyjake on Apr 6, 2017, 10:17:09 AM
Hello! I took an interest in this build on seeing the changes to Edge of Madness and Cherrubim's when they released the 2.6 unique change list. I haven't fully committed to it yet but I have a clear goal for it that I will eventually get to.

Is your problem with this build the clear speed on just generic mobs and mapping? I had the same issue so I decided to look for a skill with better clearing potential since the single target DPS from Viper strike is more than sufficient to handle anything big and bad and landed on Lacerate as my main clearing skill. Right now my build is a bit shaky at best but I'll list my eventual goals for it once I revisit it.

(Please note that the gear on my character right now is for testing with lacerate and nothing to write home about)

-Currently using Snakebites and 3x pacifism jewels for guaranteed poison for lacerate (poor man's Relic Voidheart) until I can afford a Relic Voidheart. But even without using the Voidheart and losing out on 3 jewel slots of big damage boosts it still clears really effectively. I tested all the numbers in Path of Building and dropping the Snakebites and pacifism jewels for a poison support link with lacerate and 3x Damage + Chaos Damage + 2H Phys Damage jewels would help the damage a bit but not by a big enough margin to matter right now.

-Not using Cherrubim's atm because it's not 6 linked and 5 link lacerate doesn't feel too great because it will either be missing attack speed, area of effect, or damage.

-Lacerate + Lion's Roar Flask help keep mobs at bay so you can tee off from a safe distance.

-Running Viper Strike in Edge of Madness will eventually allow for a swap out of Cherrubim's (with Lacerate slotted) for Kaom's heart for boss fights to prevent the 1-shot from higher tier bosses.

With more currency and time investment I think that Lacerate is the answer to all my problems but I will have to report back in when I get all the gear finished and linked.
Hi there,

I have read the same theorycraft thread that suddenly died, but your passive tree and gear was more than enough to make build work and of course your ideas on the same thread.

In my opinion what build lacks is more survivability or utility in tough situations. At the moment I am trying Immortal Call + CWDT + Incr Duration, because my reasoning behind it is that every 3s I am immune to most damage just to give me a little edge to survive.
Build itself has specific playstyle, I tried with Abyssal Cry, Ancestral protector and warchief, and for totems (and golem) i realized that they die quickly when overruned. Abyssal cry is pointless against bosses so i use wither totem setup instead.
At this point, I am interested in switching blasphemy setup from vulnerability to enfeeble, and put instead of CWDT setup something that helps for mapping. My current gear and passives can be seen on my profile (char DarkPalamudin).

For final thought, that 1 life flask is useless IMO and can be switched for anything, like vinktar, but dont have currency to try it out atm.

gear

passives

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAAHcBLMFLQW1CZYLYQxwD6sUIBUgFewWvxm0IWAj9iaVJ58tgy5TMHw1kjY9N9Q5DjrhPC09_ECgRJ5Hfk2STeNQR1FHUdpTu1VLV1ReE18_YVJh4mKsZU1nm2jyaoxsjG1sbydvO3TtdPF343gNeHp5aHrvfXWDX4TZhO-Fp4a0h2qKs4rwjM-NfY2_j2CTqJUkl3maap2qogCi2aOKpTWmV6knqW6plK4-r2yw2LKAtMW1SLXyuR29Nr6nwBrAZsEEwuzEgsauyBTKkNNv037YvdrB5FHpRu0_7g7vDu9O73rwH_JF9W_2SPaj_gr-j_66

Anyways, thanks for your inpur for creating this build and lets make it better (if possible)
Hey guys, It never showed anyone even replied to the build I was making. So I figured no one cared and I'm deeply sorry. I will post a video here and link it to kind of explain what I did. Clear speed is great, but the problem Im currently having is bosses that are of course poison immune or poison avoidance. Will have something up shortly, this isnt a dead thread sorry again.
https://youtu.be/8i8lCm_x4uk if anyone is interested. Its 12 minutes sorry, raw footage and I suck at this stuff lol. You can skip through etc if needed.
I tried to do Hydra on white map just to see if I can tank it or what not. Obviosly, problem is poison immunity and because of it build losses so much dps against such target. At that point I wanted to buy the clear just for atlas and forget about it until have another character to clear and maybe farm it.

I agree on Retch, its expensive belt that gives boost to damage that is hard to notice or see on path of building, but what I saw with it is flask duration. I tried Vinktar and damage is insane because of shock but maybe forgot to change other flask to include shock immunity (I guess it is needed)?

As you said, clear speed of build is ok, but in my opinion totems and golem just slow you down. They are ok for bosses, but abyssal cry for better clear speed is the best option.

I am still new to the game, build is awesome as it is right now and I hope my input helped in some way
For anyone interested, you can see character on my profile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info