[2.6] The SoulTaxic- CI PoisonFinder TS/Barrage ,Shaper/ Guardians/ Uber / ALL mapmods

can you go life instead of es?
Which is better Lightning Arrow or Tornado shot with Enchanted Helmet (2 secondary Proj)?
Would like to thank the Op for sharing this build, it is disgustingly good. Currently lvl 84 just completed uber lab at lvl 83 ES at 9.3k (still need to invest in unnatural calm cluster).

Levelling up and transitioning to ES did cause some issues however once i had started to equip ES gear things felt smoother. My advice to anyone levelling this build is once you have done Cruel Lab make sure you have the Alchemist/Druidic nodes on the tree, these clusters are amazing.

Gear wise i went with Shaper's touch gloves as there was 1 pair with the curse on hit with the colours that i needed. these gloves are pretty Op with the ES and accuracy (i was able to free up 2 points off the tree from Weathered hunter cluster, still need 1 point due to being short on lighting resistance, this is with a not so optimal jewel with lighting res/max ES/Proj Dmg but it will do for now).

Have yet to do any guardians but everything is a breeze so far up to and including T15.

things for me to work on are:

1. WED on 2nd ring. (Also int on both rings).
2. +1 Arrow on Bow.
3. +1 to socketed gems for the boots.
4. 20/20 gems (currently 19/20)

Budget wise with the gear i have, i have spent in and around 30ex (this is for everything from gear/flasks gemcutter's prism etc).

If you are looking for a build with off screen clearing then this is the choice for you, still makes me chuckle when i enter a map/room and fire a few shots and everything is dead (i did T14 palace and there were rooms fully cleared off screen).

TY again OP and for keeping peeps updated or just general answering queries.
I have a question about LA. Someone earlier said that LA is great with Chain, and i don't need to look at DPS loss. Now I'm using LA with Pierce and +2 LA helmet. Does chain works with +2 hit target helmet better than Pierce? Or it doesn't work at all. Barrage helmets are 8+ ex, so i can't afford one right now and i will be using LA helmet, for maps mainly.

Did quick testing in Shaped shore map - general mobs are dying x3 slower with chain instead if pierce. I don't understand something? You need like 8-9 arrows to kill a mob. Seems not good enough.

Also i still don't have enough mana to keep third aura on, i don't use herald of thunder. I use Discipline + Wrath. So maybe just drop those points that makes auras cheaper?
Last edited by divinity on Apr 26, 2017, 8:22:09 AM
"
divinity wrote:
I have a question about LA. Someone earlier said that LA is great with Chain, and i don't need to look at DPS loss. Now I'm using LA with Pierce and +2 LA helmet. Does chain works with +2 hit target helmet better than Pierce? Or it doesn't work at all. Barrage helmets are 8+ ex, so i can't afford one right now and i will be using LA helmet, for maps mainly.

Did quick testing in Shaped shore map - general mobs are dying x3 slower with chain instead if pierce. I don't understand something? You need like 8-9 arrows to kill a mob. Seems not good enough.

With Pierce:

Supported Projectile Skills deal 0.5% increased Projectile Damage (scales to 10 %)
50% chance of Projectiles Piercing
(10-19)% more Projectile Damage

This gem adds so much dmg to the set up where as:

1% increased Projectile Speed
Supported Projectile Skills Chain +2 times
Supported Projectile Skills deal (50-31)% less Damage <-

This is my understanding of of this gem (haven't used but looking at the bottom line, your skilled gems within your set up do less dmg).

TBH i am using a +2 secondary tornado shot enchantment, but like everyone else i am using LA, everything just dies that fast, having an enchant is just not needed for this build.

"
divinity wrote:

Also i still don't have enough mana to keep third aura on, i don't use herald of thunder. I use Discipline + Wrath. So maybe just drop those points that makes auras cheaper?

For me i dropped Discipline and went with wrath and HoT, i then saw someone mentioned about dropping a gem from the setup and using enlighten (costs 25c for a +3) i added that and removed frenzy and now i have all 3 auras ( had to take the reserved mana nodes to achieve this).

Had a quick look at your profile and i see you have only accuracy on one ring and this is crafted, ideally you want to aim for 90 - 91% chance to hit this can be achieved with accuracy from gear and the passive tree, you can invest 3 points in weathered hunter to push your accuracy higher.
Last edited by matthew24906793 on Apr 26, 2017, 8:39:43 AM
"

With Pierce:

Supported Projectile Skills deal 0.5% increased Projectile Damage (scales to 10 %)

This is my understanding of of this gem (haven't used but looking at the bottom line, your skilled gems within your set up do less dmg).

TBH i am using a +2 secondary tornado shot enchantment, but like everyone else i am using LA, everything just dies that fast, having an enchant is just not needed for this build.

This is correct - the key is that Chain is a Less projectile damage modifier which is an absolute killer in terms of DPS for any poison-based build because it double dips (negatively). What this means is both the total damage of the initial hit is 31% less at level 20 (so 100 damage becomes 69) and the total damage of the poison is 31% less - so 8 becomes 5.52 (8% of the less damage initial hit) * 0.69 (less damage modifier of Chain) = 3.30.

Effectively, you've gone from 108 damage to 72.3. Which is actually 33% less damage. This hurts, a lot.

If you're also running LMP/GMP (which are also Less damage modifiers), it makes it even worse since you can't dig yourself out of this less projectile damage modifier with other mores as easily. However, if you are at a point where you can run comfortably LA without LMP/GMP (due to extra arrows and Dying Sun), Chain might be an option for increasing clearspeed.

Conversely, this is why Pierce is so popular and good - not only do you get to Pierce enemies, but it's a More damage modifier that also double dips. So all the math above is reversed in your favor.
Last edited by CadmiumFlow on Apr 26, 2017, 2:10:13 PM
"
CadmiumFlow wrote:
"

With Pierce:

This is correct - the key is that Pierce is a Less projectile damage modifier which is an absolute killer in terms of DPS for any poison-based build because it double dips (negatively). What this means is both the total damage of the initial hit is 31% less at level 20 (so 100 damage becomes 69) and the total damage of the poison is 31% less - so 8 becomes 5.52 (8% of the less damage initial hit) * 0.69 (less damage modifier of Chain) = 3.30.

Effectively, you've gone from 108 damage to 72.3. Which is actually 33% less damage. This hurts, a lot.

If you're also running LMP/GMP (which are also Less damage modifiers), it makes it even worse since you can't dig yourself out of this less projectile damage modifier with other mores as easily. However, if you are at a point where you can run comfortably LA without LMP/GMP (due to extra arrows and Dying Sun), Chain might be an option for increasing clearspeed.

Conversely, this is why Pierce is so popular and good - not only do you get to Pierce enemies, but it's a More damage modifier that also double dips. So all the math above is reversed in your favor.

Yeah right but at a decent dmg lvl and open maps i still feel like ts+chain is better then other setups (if you still one shot mops who cares!?)
In indoor maps and t16 maps i still use LA most of the times (except if i am too lazy to swap).

But i use a slightly different tree with more dps and less es and run enlighten so i can use wrath and hot with disc.

€dit: and i run aoe skill on a 5link.... But try some setups and take what you like
Last edited by rossko on Apr 26, 2017, 2:46:46 PM
"
Enthesis wrote:
Hey guys, loving the build.

I've got around 10k ES, overcapped on all res.

I'd like to improve my Lightning Arrow damage though, single target barrage is amazing as expected, especially with full wither stacks.

Any suggestions on how to increase LA DPS without dropping any ES would be great.

I also know GMP is gimping dps some, but 6 arrows feels much better than 4.

inb4 dying sun, that is my next investment.

Here's my gear:

Spoiler

You're correct, if you want to improve LA dps you need to drop GMP for LMP by obtaining a dying sun.
"
Enthesis wrote:
Hey guys, loving the build.

I've got around 10k ES, overcapped on all res.

I'd like to improve my Lightning Arrow damage though, single target barrage is amazing as expected, especially with full wither stacks.

Any suggestions on how to increase LA DPS without dropping any ES would be great.

I also know GMP is gimping dps some, but 6 arrows feels much better than 4.

inb4 dying sun, that is my next investment.

Here's my gear:

Spoiler

Get dying sun instead of mana flask (why would you need it anyway) then replace GMP with slower Proj, that will double your DPS.
[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)
LA with GMP is a must, dying sun is just helping as +1 arrow quiver.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info