Again - EU servers are lagging as hell

Not fixed at all, i have a perfect fiber connexion but same problem than a lot of others player (i'm french btw) and even if london look good, it's not when i play, the ping is very unstable sometimes (33 to 150ms and more).

Last edited by Elriks on Apr 6, 2017, 3:44:54 PM
still not fixed, still no response from any GGG staff.
pathetic.
same for me
Last edited by Cajun82 on Apr 7, 2017, 10:34:11 AM
Issues returned today. I'm also mailing with GGG Technical Support about it, answered all the questions they had, will see if they get back to me with some solution and will report back here if they do.

EDIT: to confirm a theory of mine, any of you guys using the provider "XS4ALL" in The Netherlands?
Last edited by xaitv on Apr 7, 2017, 11:35:48 AM
Yes, i have to sadly confirm that the Zayo network is causing routing issues again in EU.
I've also tried to get in touch with Zayo techsupport but they just said to call the english support under T: +44 (0) 20 3846 4222 or get in touch via email eunoc@zayo.com.

I have attached another pingplotter screenshot, showing that the zaya network is causing those issues.

https://i.imgur.com/lvdBDq9.png

It is strange that even on Frankfurt servers the ping can vary between instances, e.g. i can have a relatively low ping in my hideout but when i open a map my ping spikes to 130ms - even though I am on the same server.

"
EDIT: to confirm a theory of mine, any of you guys using the provider "XS4ALL" in The Netherlands?

No, i can't confirm your theory. You should provide proper tracing results when you are trying to ping www.pathofexile.com

"
PsyYak wrote:
pathetic.

Well I received an answer from GGG. And furthermore, it's not their fault if some network provider has screwed up its routing. You can read your WinMTR results, can you? Then you would obviously see it's not GGGs fault.

EDIT:

So i reached out to Zaya tech support and received following reply for the above mentioned problems we have been facing:

"
Dear Sir,

The latency that you are observing in the middle of the path is not true latency. These devices will always respond with a higher latency due to how they resolve ping responses. "CS" indicates core switch, which is a layer 2 device, and the layer 3 ping will not accurately display information for layer 2 devices. Please reach out to your provider if you experience any further issues. Thank you.

Regards,
Last edited by pinkkz on Apr 7, 2017, 5:05:27 PM
But if it is routing only, why is it related to the exact instances?
Yesterday a friends hideout had ~150ms for him and me, my hideout had 30ms.
If we changed hideouts the ping changes too.

Do instances has different ip addresses?
Thus an instance has its unique route, which is reproduced for a specific amount of time?

I think the virtual servers behind a realm are stressed differently, and that is why you get those laggy instances, if it is an instance on one of those stressed server nodes.

anyway, this needed to be fixed!

EDIT:
today the same. dried lake 150ms, highgate 150ms, new dried lake 30ms, highgate 150ms.
I can go in and out dried lake/highgate as often as I want, it is instance related!

And as long, as instances are not routed differently, the problem lies on the server of GGG.
Strange anyway, that it jump up to such constant 150ms for so many users.

excuse my english - i am from sauerkraut & bratwurst land ;)
Last edited by SLAINE on Apr 8, 2017, 3:36:48 AM
"
pinkkz wrote:
"
PsyYak wrote:
pathetic.

Well I received an answer from GGG. And furthermore, it's not their fault if some network provider has screwed up its routing. You can read your WinMTR results, can you? Then you would obviously see it's not GGGs fault.

EDIT:

So i reached out to Zaya tech support and received following reply for the above mentioned problems we have been facing:

"
Dear Sir,

The latency that you are observing in the middle of the path is not true latency. These devices will always respond with a higher latency due to how they resolve ping responses. "CS" indicates core switch, which is a layer 2 device, and the layer 3 ping will not accurately display information for layer 2 devices. Please reach out to your provider if you experience any further issues. Thank you.

Regards,

Who using level3 services? GGG.
My provider not using their services to route traffic trust me.

So with that basic logic, GGG have to contact the company who routing the traffic into their servers, aka, level3.

About the instance related -

You can go in and out and maybe the ping will be as it should be, when you mapping and getting into the map and the ping is 1200 and above, you only got 8 chances to get decent ping to play with, I already lost few maps to that crap.

With that been said, its GGG fault, GGG paying level3 for their services and they fucked up.
Even if its not their fault, they should AT LEAST, post here and say something about it, right?
But they won't, because they know they can't even prove its not their fault.

Day 4 and still no answer, still no fix.
Same as other players, I ve perfect fiber connection (France - Paris) but, for some reasons, PoE became unplayable for 4 or 5 days now.

It is beyond annoying.
So uh... is there anything that's going to happen here?

Still having the same issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info