How We Describe Item Mods

"
LoloTwingo wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Why can't we get something easy to read and reference quickly, then easy for new players to understand when holding alt (and easy to spot item level and prefix/suffix level when holding alt)?

Example...

I totally agree about Ptier / Stier, i wish this for a long time.
But the grey text seems useless to me, it's nearly exactly what is currently shown and this version does not add much. Min-max tier values would be more usefull.
By the way it should also apply to implicit mods.

An other thing : please make required level visible on unidentified items. Everyone knows zodiac/assaissin garb is the highest eva armour, but when levelling, it's a pain to look on the wiki (or spend an identify scroll) to see if this unidentified magic/rare item is worth identifying or not.

Ohhh, good idea about the min and max values for the current tier mod! That would be handy to add to the Alt-held hover over.

Also, another good idea about showing item level on UnIDed gear, since the item level doesn't change even if the level requirement does. And it helps with those of us saving gear for the 60 to 74 item level 2 chaos recipe.

"
TreeOfDead wrote:
More info local vs global mods! Make us see hybrid mods pls

Agreed! If we took GGG at their word on some of these mods that doesn't specifically say local, we'd be left to believe that applies globally.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 5, 2017, 2:45:44 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
And it helps with those of us saving gear for the 60 to 74 item level 2 chaos recipe.

You're wrong here. For the chaos recipe you look at the iLvl (already shown through "Alt" key), not the reqLvl i was talking about (not shown on unidentified) ;)

+1 for Local/Global thing.
SSF for ever :)
Last edited by LoloTwingo on Apr 5, 2017, 3:03:36 PM
"
LoloTwingo wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
And it helps with those of us saving gear for the 60 to 74 item level 2 chaos recipe.

You're wrong here. For the chaos recipe you look at the iLvl (already shown through "Alt" key), not the reqLvl i was talking about (not shown on unidentified) ;)

+1 for Local/Global thing.

Did you misread what I wrote? I stated "item level"...

"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Also, another good idea about showing item level on UnIDed gear, since the item level doesn't change even if the level requirement does. And it helps with those of us saving gear for the 60 to 74 item level 2 chaos recipe.
Indeed, misread/misunderstood (not my mothertongue)
But the iLvl is already displayed with "Alt", including on unidentified items.
SSF for ever :)
Last edited by LoloTwingo on Apr 5, 2017, 3:12:03 PM
If the line ends, put a dot.

ezy
"
LoloTwingo wrote:
Indeed, misread/misunderstood (not my mothertongue)
But the iLvl is already displayed with "Alt", including on unidentified items.

No problem. :-)

Yes, already shown with Alt holding. Would be nice to show on UnIDed items without holding Alt, as an easier way to check for saving items for 2 chaos recipe (and 2 regal if you do that, personally I don't).

"
dz9ikx wrote:
If the line ends, put a dot.

ezy

For English, we don't add punctuation if it's an incomplete sentence. A good example is "Cannot gain Power Charges", which doesn't have a subject to be a complete sentence. Usually list items (incomplete sentences) do not require punctuation.

Also, GGG, is there a reason we hide movement speed penalties on body armor? New players have no clue this is happening until they visit the gamepedia PoE wiki.
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 5, 2017, 4:15:12 PM
STARTED AT THE BOTTOM...

we're still here.

:(
Can't you just pop in bullet points?
Speaking about how things are worded, I am wondering if critical chance for spells works on minions or does it need to be global?
There's only so much info you can put into Alt window, and it won't solve all problems. Only separate item/skill info window(s) will be good solution, but I guess it's too much work to implement.

"
cyconet wrote:
Speaking about how things are worded, I am wondering if critical chance for spells works on minions or does it need to be global?
Even global won't work on minions; only modifiers that explicitly state they affect minions apply to minions.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info