How We Describe Item Mods

ok cool, now 3.0 beta plz
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Apr 5, 2017, 10:56:39 AM
Why can't we get something easy to read and reference quickly, then easy for new players to understand when holding alt (and easy to spot item level and prefix/suffix level when holding alt)?

Example...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 5, 2017, 11:16:10 AM
GGG - Have you ever considered using simple bullet points to solve the 'orphaned' words and split statements? Seems like a simple solution to me..
"
MoodyRuse wrote:
GGG - Have you ever considered using simple bullet points to solve the 'orphaned' words and split statements? Seems like a simple solution to me..

Or column align like I did above, easy to see multiple lines. Uniques could have one main value on the left, right-aligned column, then any other value in text on right, left-aligned column.
The centered-text is a no-go for gaming. Use that only for titles. It's a PITA to view quickly.

You know, other games already show items in a way that's easy to read and reference. Why can't GGG do something similar?

D3

GW2

WoW

LOTRO

Even Grim Dawn has you beat...
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 5, 2017, 11:29:15 AM
Now you just need to fix all of the "additional" stuff like strongboxes with "contains an additional unique" so that they actually have two whatevers given that "an additional" is predicated on there being an original as well as a second, additional object.

Getting only a single unique drop from something that "contains an additional" unique drop is just really buggy. It should either drop two uniques or read "Contains at least one unique." >_>

Edit: Also, it'd be nice if the raw data (control+C) had a few tweaks like indication of what element damage listed in the "Elemental Damage: x-y (augmented), z-a (augmented)" line. Tweaks such as either replacing the "augmented" with the element type or appending the element type to the "augmented" notice.

I understand why "augmented" would be there on physical damage, but as there are no weapons that currently do elemental damage as a base (as opposed to Storm Cloud which does only lightning damage but still has physical damage as its base) the "augmented" really isn't needed for chaos/lightning damage. I also understand that that's likely a consequence of a function that tallies up all of the data from affixes and appends "augmented" to damage values listed in the top "half" of the data to indicate that it comes from affixes, but it's still superfluous, at least now and for the last several years, for non-physical damage.
Last edited by Marikhen on Apr 5, 2017, 1:23:45 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Why can't we get something easy to read and reference quickly, then easy for new players to understand when holding alt (and easy to spot item level and prefix/suffix level when holding alt)?

Example...

I totally agree about Ptier / Stier, i wish this for a long time.
But the grey text seems useless to me, it's nearly exactly what is currently shown and this version does not add much. Min-max tier values would be more usefull.
By the way it should also apply to implicit mods.

An other thing : please make required level visible on unidentified items. Everyone knows zodiac/assaissin garb is the highest eva armour, but when levelling, it's a pain to look on the wiki (or spend an identify scroll) to see if this unidentified magic/rare item is worth identifying or not.
SSF for ever :)
Last edited by LoloTwingo on Apr 5, 2017, 2:14:58 PM
Just use some stilyzed lines between the mods...
My first idea would be:

First, change all tooltips to a lower scale. (like 50% smaller)
And then implement the function, to enlarge the tooltips by hovering over the item with the mouse + a button press (hold)

For example alt or ctrl/strg
More info local vs global mods! Make us see hybrid mods pls
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info