Melee?

"
lapiz wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:
To be fair shaper kill is nothing to brag about, it's no challenge at all.

Depends on the circumstances I would say. It's not worth a brag, but I wouldn't say it can't be a challenge. On softcore nothing is a challenge to be honest. On hardcore though, it can be quite a thrilling experience especially if you aren't using the best possible shaper killer build.

Personally I had a lot of fun farming him last league right up until he smashed me to standard. You get the same feeling of "danger" that you used to get even in high maps a long time ago.

what were you using? RF + ED?
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:
To be fair shaper kill is nothing to brag about, it's no challenge at all.

Depends on the circumstances I would say. It's not worth a brag, but I wouldn't say it can't be a challenge. On softcore nothing is a challenge to be honest. On hardcore though, it can be quite a thrilling experience especially if you aren't using the best possible shaper killer build.

Personally I had a lot of fun farming him last league right up until he smashed me to standard. You get the same feeling of "danger" that you used to get even in high maps a long time ago.

what were you using? RF + ED?

selfcast flameblast
I'm sure many of you have uploaded public profiles into PoB to compare single target skills vs multi-layer/projectile/etc ones right?

Don't take this out of context Ahfack but when I compare your build to mine, I have significantly more damage/investment toward damage/life/min-max then you in every area and shit all over your damage output. Until you look at aftershock PLUS the initial hit of Earthquake with nearly 200% less physical damage then I have you do almost 10k more damage per hit then me on average. I can throw an axe that does the same damage as my sword onto my build with Earthquake, nothing else. No tree changes/jewel swaps/gear swaps nothing...and do more dmg then Heavy Strike. Loose comparison obviously, but when you really look at shit like Rupenus's KB for example you see the impact multi-layer skills have on balance. This aspect alone is why PvP is complete dog shit and diversity is thrown out the window.

Why every example of multi hitting skill be it main, or trigger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything else, even in the hands of a toddler. Games like Minecraft battle craft > this games PvP for fuck sake, that's how sorry it is. I watch my daughter play Minecraft battles, whooping kids asses with smart choices and creative play. I log into PoE, enter queue and just see shit smeared across my screen now adays. I used to see semi intelligent competitive play, now it's just feces throwing morons.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Jun 4, 2017, 6:32:24 PM
No offense taken man, I'm sure you do. I haven't even looked at mine in pob yet, and haven't modified anything about it in over year. My tree is currently in a fucky state in between pve/pvp and I couldn't care less. Do you like my lvl 1 spectral throw 5l offhand in an AA edge of madness? OPOP :D
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Jun 4, 2017, 6:52:17 PM
https://pastebin.com/hFde3YUn

here is a pob code with 8M effective DPS Heavy Strike - without taking 52% chance to deal x2 damage from jewel & enchantment into consideration while doing the damage calculation,

if you put those into calculation too, you'd get 12M DPS.

of course, not close to projectile overlap skills yet, not bad either.

(my moltens have 18M theoretical - 9-12M effective dps also- depends on positioning, namelocking is worst-)

you are welcome to discuss this.

shaper guardian update:

Spoiler
(when i put the settings for shaper/guardian, i get 4.37M dps, add 50% on top of it for estimated damage after jewel & helmet modifiers, we got 6.5M dps)

this is without vaal haste

abyssus update,
Spoiler
if you get decent armor gear on gloves - boots and use iron reflexes you complete mitigate the %more damage from abyssus too.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jun 4, 2017, 8:06:56 PM
Molten strike is 7 million times better than heavy strike in pve.

Molten strike is 100 million times better than heavy strike in pvp.

Because of the different calculations, those dps numbers mean absolutely nothing and cant be compared at all.. Why do you even bother? Try using mark's calc if you can't excel it out yourself, and see the massive difference between those 2 skills which seemingly get a similar tooltip.
"
lapiz wrote:
Molten strike is 7 million times better than heavy strike in pve.

Molten strike is 100 million times better than heavy strike in pvp.

Because of the different calculations, those dps numbers mean absolutely nothing and cant be compared at all.. Why do you even bother? Try using mark's calc if you can't excel it out yourself, and see the massive difference between those 2 skills which seemingly get a similar tooltip.

it's a pve talk. in pvp molten is some random million numbers better than heavy strike for sure.
in pve things are more straight forward, what the number you see is what you have.
single target no T value frost blade is very strong.
150% cold pen +20 range...lol.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jun 5, 2017, 5:34:06 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
single target no T value frost blade is very strong.
150% cold pen +20 range...lol.

You need still need to be quite close to use it, wouldn't call it very strong in this overlap ranged meta. Kinda wish the old TS back sometimes, seeing KB suicide from offscreen would be glorious ^^
lol here's probably the best example of GGG game balance:

"No mirrored gear"
"Melee weapons"
"Not Pathfinder"
"Melee Attack"
"In-League-items"

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/149484197

40M Shaper dmg lol

He waits 15 minutes before fighting the unshaped in order to get shaper to full life.

I just hope everyone realizes soon that pissing contests in this game are about as useful as tits on a fish.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Jun 5, 2017, 9:37:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info