Melee?

Hey,

I've always admired the lone wolf EQ/Heavy Strikers that are on rare occasions spotted in PVP circles.

It almost feels like an honourable death when they fly into your personal space, whack your face off then bounce on after the nearest moving target like a golden retriever wth ADHD.

So naturally I'd like to milk that hero-karma and build one to harass the Sarn public in Legacy. (Yes I'm aware this isn't going to stand toe-to-toe with a xirgils ray blah blah meta broken ect ect, its for fun in Sarn)

Only problem is I'm almost purely a Witch/Shadow builder who mainly focuses on offscreening with smoke mine abuse.. :(

Are there any build tips / knowledge ? or even a rough guide to follow ?

Probably only willing to spend 50ex Max, so top tier 2handers might be out of the question for now..

Thanks a lot for all your helpful and informative replies, in advance .

x Marvel.
Last bumped on Jun 5, 2017, 9:58:29 AM
I feel a rumbling....

Mulla must be on his way! Just remember, he doesn't mean anything insulting to you, but if you feel threatened, just hold still, he'll forget your here.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Nah, I'll leave it to the "good" melee.

*whistles

Lapiz get in here
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
So I'm assuming it's between Berserker and Champion?
I heard spectral throw spawn kill is what melee is about those days.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"

I've always admired the lone wolf EQ/Heavy Strikers that are on rare occasions spotted in PVP circles.

Are there any build tips / knowledge ? or even a rough guide to follow ?

Probably only willing to spend 50ex Max, so top tier 2handers might be out of the question for now..

x Marvel.

So - about that top tier melee ... it's deceptive. You don't need an 800pdps mirrored 2h sword to kick ass with melee.

The most popular, mass production method is a Champion/Slayer base, 6L Starforge, Lacerate, Leg Voidheart, and a Kaoms Heart...

<50ex Ready, set, melee!

Or you can try something different and while still using a Champion/Slayer - pick up a 6L 500-600pdps 2h sword/axe/mace, Kaoms Heart, go Heavy Strike with Empire's Grasp (so underrated), bit'o leap slam, maybe some Flamedash, a whole lotta namelock ... and pull those ranged bastards in close for a taste of steel!

Just watch out for bear traps, mines, scorch ray, lightning arrow, explosive arrow, kinetic blast, blight, SRS, basically be aware that the meta hates your melee face.

"
So I'm assuming it's between Berserker and Champion?

No it's only berserker, how the fuck you supposed to make a explosive arrow build with champion? You really never played melee before?
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
1# staff + block EarthQuake - preferably with some red nightmare jewels, basically get 75/40+ block while rumi is on, i dont know about which subclass you should choose. i'd go for juggernaut since movespeed / leap slam is everything. there are experts of melee who can enlighten you more about whats best with this choice.

enchantment: 30% reduced Earthquake Duration;

(a voice in me says EQ got nerfed in pvp, not sure)

#2 starforge lacerate

you said no 50ex+ just to sum up everything at once i'm saying this,there is a it's the "unicorn melee" build in pvp which is leap slam conversion build with really good gear. nothing clever, spectacular about build making here. simple good gear, min-maxed character.

all gotta use cwdt flame dash and have insanity gloves to be able to maximize leap slam movespeed.
(ahfack will come and link his gloves soon)

i'd definitely get 40% shock avoidance mod on my helmet(essence mod) with any build(preferably another 20% on chest corruption)
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Apr 3, 2017, 5:11:48 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:

(a voice in me says EQ got nerfed in pvp, not sure)

Yeah, I'd avoid earthquake altogether... I believe they increased the aftershock delay and nerfed its damage. Used to be like 70%+ (cant recall exact number) more damage instead of 50%.
I really should try to make my Max Block/WB build great again, we got a lot of shiny new toys to play with since the last time I used it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info