LMHTB's Exploding Berserker On Fire! - Martyr of Innocence Flicker Discharge, MS: 1.3M-3.9M dps

Spoiler
I was bored and tried chancing HH, open'd an oasis map with nemesis, had 180 leather belts and chance orbs ready and i made it in the first map lol. my friend is so mad he farmed currency like weeks for it and bought it yesterday and today I just chance HH in 6 portals used, damn xD

Last edited by LMHTB on Sep 13, 2017, 4:36:48 PM
Wow super lucky. I am jealous!!
hello, first off all thanks for your interesting build. I'm all the time looking for way how to play usual builds by different ways than mainstream is. I'm going to give it a shot.

But because I'm bit new in game I'm wander about a couple of things:
1) how is your build stand in terms of dmg against common oro's build.

2) in your build you are advising to get another Martyr of Innocence OR Wyrmsign IF you don't have money. However in your "final stage of equip" on page 6 of this topic you don't have swap weapon and you have just Wyrmsign. ==> Does it mean for you that you are not considering second staff on swap as necessary to have for single damage? Because this glove slot might be used for something more useful.

Other question is what might be more useful in this slot is next one, of course.

3) you have 3 different options of tree ("Low Budget Resolute Technique" + "Normal Elemental Overload" and "Current Elemental Overload - Vaal Pact Version"). Second and third variant has note about certain amount of accuracy which is neccessary to have on you gear. But your gear have just 10% from head and unset ring - which you apparently swapped for Sybil's ring.

Also why to use any other then "Vaal Pact Version" ? Because that one looks like final version.

Sorry if it was already answered once, but if it was answered I apparently didn't get it and I really want to try this build. I'm currently lvling new char for it.
1. this build is usually stronger than any oro's build because of the staff being simply stronger because of the insane conditional damage increases.

2. I don't know what you think you found on page 6, but my final setup is linked in the first post of this thread...

3. I've already explained that: all the Life Regen is great when you dont focus on face tanking bosses and you will have more survivability in general while clearing normal content.
I only recommend Vaal Pact for farming Uber Lab, Atziri or Guardians (& Shaper/Uber Atziri) to be able to facetank almost everything in these fights.
Hey, awesome and fun build you've made! I've been following it so far (life regen tree) and I can't help but feel like I'm doing something wrong. I don't feel like I'm doing as much damage as I could be, and I seem a bit squishy. Still leveling up though, and since I felt rather squish I opted for the life/regen nodes over the jewel slots (which I'm finally grabbing). Was that the mistake I made? I'd greatly appreciate advice so I can get this build rolling! Atm I can do tier 7/8 maps on that char comfortably but anything higher just feels too overpowering. Am currently looking for a belt to max out my resistances (when I swap off to gauntlets and belt at bottom I'm only 9% shy of lightning cap), but I still get one-shot. Or my regen feels way too slow.

Thanks for reading!

Skill Tree

Edit: Did max out resses
Spoiler
Last edited by Chocokakke on Sep 12, 2017, 6:50:20 AM
A main damage source are the jewels.

You don't have any accuracy roll on your gear, that means that you probably have a bad chance to hit. -> lose much dps. temporary solution, respec to resolute technique instead elemental overload, until you grinded for enough currency to get good accuracy gear.

your staff: if you feel squishy you can swap controlled destruction for life leech. also you're missing the main damage source in the staff: ele dmg support gem (swap your portal gem).

another thing is: you probably should use flammability for the extra ignite chance to trigger your discharge more often. (and if you're feeling like you need the extra frenzy charge on kill chance, you can use blood rage..)

when you want more damage, take flame golem instead stone golem.

a diamond flask won't help you, take a basalt flask for a good defensive option and/or wise oak for the extra dmg and defense (your total fire res has to be max for the extra dmg) or a sulphur flask.

having the fortify buff also helps surviving. (means you could play with sunder fortify in your wyrmsign too, then you are kinda ranged and gain safety in hard scenarios)

that should fix it :)
Last edited by LMHTB on Sep 12, 2017, 7:20:11 AM
I'm applying those changes atm, but I'm still trying to figure out how I'm missing about 5k damage compared to your tooltip for flickerstrike at the 2.6 video you have posted. :( (my flickerstrike only has about 8.6k, compared to your 13.5k when you were going over gear/gems) I don't think missing a gem or a couple hundred accuracy (got 200 on my gauntlets, so I'm lacking 500 atm) could generate such a huge gap, so there has to be something else big I'm missing as well.
Last edited by Chocokakke on Sep 14, 2017, 8:32:28 AM
ignore the tooltip from the video, that was with high level gems and a 6L. also the gem setup changed in 3.0 so you probably wont have such numbers on the ingame tooltip, tho the damage improved or stayed the same.
Great guide i played oro s version but didnt like lack of tankyness ,this build is a lot of fun but i have a question.

On your video u have 4 frenzy charges which is a huge boost but cant find anywhere where did u get it,
Only solution is from bandits .
I think that we need 1 more frenzy here on remaked build but dont know how to get it.
3 Charges arent enough for me to sustain flicker , i very often end up with cd on it and i am forced to use sunder or discharge .

How to solve this solution?

I am thinking to respec bandits to get that 1 frenzy as u show us on your video. I know it is old patch but maybe u could add some newer video to demonstrate same how it supposed to work in new patch.
Ty and sorry if i miss something.

"
Johnnycation wrote:
Great guide i played oro s version but didnt like lack of tankyness ,this build is a lot of fun but i have a question.

On your video u have 4 frenzy charges which is a huge boost but cant find anywhere where did u get it,
Only solution is from bandits .
I think that we need 1 more frenzy here on remaked build but dont know how to get it.
3 Charges arent enough for me to sustain flicker , i very often end up with cd on it and i am forced to use sunder or discharge .

How to solve this solution?

I am thinking to respec bandits to get that 1 frenzy as u show us on your video. I know it is old patch but maybe u could add some newer video to demonstrate same how it supposed to work in new patch.
Ty and sorry if i miss something.

rip build! xd...

disclaimer: my answer to his post was sarcasm, because everything he needed to know, can(/could) be found in the main post.

EDIT: Btw, I started playing this build again in the current temp league:
Last edited by LMHTB on Oct 1, 2018, 9:59:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info