Have been hacked ....

"
Phlobon wrote:
"
tyranie909 wrote:
They are really sorry? Are you serious? Great. Glad they are sorry, but they won't restore my 2 characters they deleted or the items and orbs that were stolen. So in my eyes, they say they are sorry but in reality they don't give a shit. It was a security problem on their side, yet the players are the ones that get punished for it and get nothing back.

what exactly are you expecting in a free to play game, GGG are working very hard to alleviate the issues people are experiencing. I happen to be fortunate I have not been hacked but I use an obscure password I scan my pc regularly and stay away from sites I feel are not trustworthy.

my friend got hacked his response lesson learned changed his password and has not had an issue since maybe you should adopt the same policy as my friend said it's his own fault for using his most common password for POE.

Em...people should stop blaming user for security actions. It's not a user issue, it's a GGG security issue. You can enter using linux, with a complex password, etc, etc etc...It will change nothing.
I work as a network security person. My password is not one that can be figured out and my home network is about as safe as it gets. The issue was a weakness on their webpage. Sure the game is free, but I purchased over 25 beta accounts for friends and family to support this company as well. So before you come in here and tell people to change their passwords, you should do a little research.
"
tyranie909 wrote:
I work as a network security person. My password is not one that can be figured out and my home network is about as safe as it gets. The issue was a weakness on their webpage. Sure the game is free, but I purchased over 25 beta accounts for friends and family to support this company as well. So before you come in here and tell people to change their passwords, you should do a little research.

They did not force you to support them, I chose to support them as well as I believe in what they are doing and as far as devs go GGG is fantastic in communicating what they are doing, what their plans are while the security issue is unfortunate look at all the securities in place for Blizzard and accounts get hacked regularly there is no stopping it only band-aid solutions or mediocre fixes at best I for one commend them for admitting fault and addressing it so quickly.
lol this right here is part of why I love GGG the counter troll http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/page/2
"
Gargos wrote:
Well I had been hacked once, checked for malware, changed the password...Today I have been hacked again...this time they stole nothing but its not safe/worth playing this game with no security.
Sure you can level, they can delete characters too, but they dont care but...really whats the point of playing if all can go away any time.
Btw...I dont have enough memory to change the password every week ^^.

GGG say something as soon as you solve this issue.

EDIT/RESUME: There is no point playing a non-secure game about grinding and farming.

how do you know you were hacked when the hackers didnt take anything?
I smell blood, something is calling me..
Fixing and issue and not fixing the damage caused is a problem. Yes this is a wonderful game, but losing everything for something out of your hands and not getting restored is simply crap. Even Blizzard will restore non hardcore characters and gear if there is a hack. And we all know their customer support is horrible.

The fact they admit there was and issue and fixed it yet didn't restore characters is the equivalent of someone robbing your house of everything you own and leaving a note stating they are sorry. Does the apology really make you feel better or change the fact that everything is gone? No. Does it really make you feel that it is just not going to happen again? No. Simply put the people in here defending them did not get hacked and didn't lose lvl 80+ characters due to this. It is easy to sit there and defend them when you didn't lose from this.
"
tyranie909 wrote:
Fixing and issue and not fixing the damage caused is a problem. Yes this is a wonderful game, but losing everything for something out of your hands and not getting restored is simply crap. Even Blizzard will restore non hardcore characters and gear if there is a hack. And we all know their customer support is horrible.

The fact they admit there was and issue and fixed it yet didn't restore characters is the equivalent of someone robbing your house of everything you own and leaving a note stating they are sorry. Does the apology really make you feel better or change the fact that everything is gone? No. Does it really make you feel that it is just not going to happen again? No. Simply put the people in here defending them did not get hacked and didn't lose lvl 80+ characters due to this. It is easy to sit there and defend them when you didn't lose from this.

The only legit complaint about things not being restored is for characters who were deleted - and GGG has said something to the effect that in the future they will be able to restore those characters.

They didn't admit there was an issue on their end, quite the opposite, they said there wasn't one. They don't restore hardcore characters similar to D3 because players will fake compromises to get their character revived. They can't restore items for a similar reason - people will fake compromises as well to dupe.
My characters were stripped then deleted. They were on softcore. And what reason is there that they could not be restored?

Wow you mean they didn't admit it was a security problem on their end? OMG no way! Blizzard did the same thing, yet they patched the non existent issue right after that. GGG has a massive hack and the issue is patched the next day as well. No company is ever going to admit something was their fault unless they are obligated to by a court.
Last edited by tyranie909 on Feb 24, 2013, 1:11:05 PM
"
tyranie909 wrote:
My characters were stripped then deleted. They were on softcore. And what reason is there that they could not be restored?

Wow you mean they didn't admit it was a security problem on their end? OMG no way! Blizzard did the same thing, yet they patched the non existent issue right after that. GGG has a massive hack and the issue is patched the next day as well. No company is ever going to admit something was their fault unless they are obligated to by a court.

Because the system to restore them is not in place yet, and it's a beta. If the game was live, you would have a legitimate complaint.

Everything else you said was drivel and not worth responding to.
"
tyranie909 wrote:

Because the system to restore them is not in place yet, and it's a beta. If the game was live, you would have a legitimate complaint.

Everything else you said was drivel and not worth responding to.
"
Ivolution wrote:
"
Gargos wrote:
Well I had been hacked once, checked for malware, changed the password...Today I have been hacked again...this time they stole nothing but its not safe/worth playing this game with no security.
Sure you can level, they can delete characters too, but they dont care but...really whats the point of playing if all can go away any time.
Btw...I dont have enough memory to change the password every week ^^.

GGG say something as soon as you solve this issue.

EDIT/RESUME: There is no point playing a non-secure game about grinding and farming.

how do you know you were hacked when the hackers didnt take anything?

Because I had to unlock my account again like the first time my account was hacked. A message warned me the account was used for another user.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info