[2.6 Updated] Wild Strike Raider (possibly the fastest WS build)

Hello, I'm Sidefxmayinclde
This is a build that I have been messing around with and would like your guys take on it. This is a mere template of what could be the best/most fun Wild Strike build ever :) This guide will be updated overtime with more information as i progress into the league.
UPDATE:1 - Leveling trees/final tree updated

This build focuses on high attack speed, up to 16 attacks per second to be exact.
I have been theory crafting this build in path of building and really do like the outcome of the results.
If you enjoy very fast movement, 200+% w/flasks up, then give this build a try!
Clear speed wise , this is a mapping build. Most likely not a boss killer but not that its impossible.
This is a Softcore build. If you want to play Hardcore , you might need to tweak the tree some.

Any questions please feel free to ask on my stream! Www.twitch.tv/Sidefxmayinclde or Click this image! please dont forget to FOLLOW to know when i go live!

Bandits :
Spoiler

Normal : Oak ( +40 Life )
Cruel : Kraityn ( +8% Attack Speed )
Merciless : Kraityn ( +1 Frenzy Charge )

Required Uniques/current rares:
Spoiler
This build utilizes 2 Dreamfeathers for the 3% increased movement speed, 1% increased attack damage per 450 evasion rating and the 25% attack speed. The other stats on the weapon are also very awesome!

Same idea here as well, 20% movement speed, the massive % increase to evasion and the % to attack speed.

The bread and butter here, MASSIVE evasion rating, 25% movement speed and 1% increased movement speed per 450 evasion rating. Do you see the pattern here? The other stats on the chest are amazing as well life and resists as well? yes please.

40% evasion rating,25% movement speed and another sexy aspect 100% increased evasion rating while you have onslaught (which is why we take that ascendancy)

My current rares

Stat Priority/Flask
Spoiler
Life - Elemental Resistances - Evasion - Attack speed - Weapon ele

Flasks : 2x Life Flasks : 1x Instant Recovery When On Low Life - % Increased Evasion/Elemental Resistances/Movement Speed
1x Remove Bleeding , Bleeding Immunity - Increased Recovery Speed

1x Quicksilver Flask : % Increased Movement Speed - Increased Duration or Removes freeze

1x Wise Oak: - Elemental pen for increased damage

1x Taste Of Hate / Atziri`s Promise : added damage or added leech.

Gem links
Spoiler
6l Setup:
Wild strike - Weapon ele - Multi strike - Faster Attacks - Added lightning - Elemental focus

4Link Setups :
CWDT (lvl 3) - Immortal Call (lvl 5) - Molten Shell (lvl 11) - Increased Duration (max lvl)
Faster attacks - Leap Slam - Fortify - Culling strike
Vaal haste - Vaal Lightning trap - Multi trap support - Increased duration

3Link setup:
Herald of ice - Anger - Ice Golem
Elemental weakness - Increased duration - Phase run

Ascendancy:
Spoiler
Raider: Way of the poacher ASAP - Avatar of the Slaughter - Rapid Assault - Avatar of the Chase

Skill Trees:

My other builds if you are intrested

As I stated before, this build is only a template to see what we could bring together to make this build even stronger then it currently is LETS GO!
Last edited by Sidefx06 on Apr 15, 2017, 7:34:16 PM
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2017, 3:30:46 AM
gonna do this build feelsgoodman
What is the logic behind taking the crit nodes when you don't bother to get any crit on gear/gems? Wouldn't it make more sense investing those points into something else, be it more ele damage/attack damage, evasion, or life etc?
"
fluxofwar wrote:
What is the logic behind taking the crit nodes when you don't bother to get any crit on gear/gems? Wouldn't it make more sense investing those points into something else, be it more ele damage/attack damage, evasion, or life etc?

well, in path of building those nodes converted to more dps then other nodes. What do you have in mind? I mean atm i have 27% crit chance. and with 16 attacks per second, i crit often but I do think this build would be stronger going full crit but i couldn't figure out how to fit everything in.
"
UsgUnknown925 wrote:
gonna do this build feelsgoodman

Thanks man keep me updated!
"
Sidefx06 wrote:
well, in path of building those nodes converted to more dps then other nodes. What do you have in mind? I mean atm i have 27% crit chance. and with 16 attacks per second, i crit often but I do think this build would be stronger going full crit but i couldn't figure out how to fit everything in.

Oh I just thought there might be an oversight I was missing. But yeah, I had a look at that too. It would be difficult to fill out the tree and gear for high crit considering the base on the swords is very low and gear choice is pretty limiting. I am going to have a run through and see how I go using mostly the same tree as you. I also built in Path of Building and the crit nodes do give a decent damage boost, and I guess if we're attacking upwards of 15 attacks a second that's a lot of crits happening even with only 25% crit chance.

I'll update you with how I go. :)

edit; Some of the changes I have gone with, is using an onslaught flask to trigger Three-step Assault and gone with Veil of Discord and Quartz infusion, as I love phasing and the status immunity from those nodes. (just personal preference, you lose a slight amount of dps but I think it's worth it).

Actually after some tweaking of the tree, swapping out crit nodes for sword nodes and evasion nodes (more evasion = more dps & defence) and some other stuff the dps is pretty comparable.

Once again, i'll see how it feels and report back.

Also you've taken an extra dex point just above Forces of Nature cluster. Not sure if intended.
Last edited by fluxofwar on Apr 2, 2017, 12:47:54 AM
"
fluxofwar wrote:
"
Sidefx06 wrote:

Oh I just thought there might be an oversight I was missing. But yeah, I had a look at that too. It would be difficult to fill out the tree and gear for high crit considering the base on the swords is very low and gear choice is pretty limiting. I am going to have a run through and see how I go using mostly the same tree as you. I also built in Path of Building and the crit nodes do give a decent damage boost, and I guess if we're attacking upwards of 15 attacks a second that's a lot of crits happening even with only 25% crit chance.

I'll update you with how I go. :)

edit; Some of the changes I have gone with, is using an onslaught flask to trigger Three-step Assault and gone with Veil of Discord and Quartz infusion, as I love phasing and the status immunity from those nodes. (just personal preference, you lose a slight amount of dps but I think it's worth it).

Actually after some tweaking of the tree, swapping out crit nodes for sword nodes and evasion nodes (more evasion = more dps & defence) and some other stuff the dps is pretty comparable.

Once again, i'll see how it feels and report back.

Also you've taken an extra dex point just above Forces of Nature cluster. Not sure if intended.

yea deff keep me posted, the dex node does look like a mistake so i will fix that. Also when ever you feel you have everything at a solid point let me know, i want to keep the general build idea there but deff down for tweaks.
hi i've just started playing again after a year, could you post a good levelling skill tree? I was using wild strike before but now I've had a full skill reset, level 64 atm. The build looks good.
"
Blame_b wrote:
hi i've just started playing again after a year, could you post a good levelling skill tree? I was using wild strike before but now I've had a full skill reset, level 64 atm. The build looks good.

I will after my stream tonight.
Just a question , how many skill trees you gonna put up? I plan on playing this build but would like the leveling trees to help. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info