2.4M+ DPS Triple Flame Totem Marauder to conquer ALL content in the game [3.0]

Hi everyone!

Most will be covered in the video guide here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeyPgkG93Ag&lc=z13bz5bjwu3mzdto004cffmynoa5jdrzkjk

This is my Flame Totem Chieftain that I have been playing during Breach and again in Legacy.

It can do any content in the game and any map mod!

Passive Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAQHBLMGoAbDBx4LYQ5IDlwPxBDMEZYUIBYLFm8WvxeMGoEc3B0UHwIfGCaVKgsqEy0fMtE1kjbFO3w8LT38QZZFR0V-SVFMs06uUEdRdFH7VUtVxlhjWOVaK13yXl1fP2HiZIRmnmebaPJq-m6qcFJ7IHuzfIN_xoIeg1-DzIPbg_OFMonTjDaMz45kjxqPRo_6lSCVLqIAoqOj8qaZpqOnCKeUrhKuPq6zr2yxNrXytvq3PrjKuX65k8BmwfPDCcYExq7G2M0Wz2fQH9D10f3YJNi92wvjauRR6-7r9e8O7-vwH_DV8h3yRfZI96b4k_m9-tL-Cv6H_o8=

Bandits: Alira or 2 passive points

Core Items:

These two items are the bread and butter for the build!
Blood Magic negates the downside of Infernal Mantle.
A 5L infernal mantle is enough to start the build. Use Flame Totem, Inc Crit Strikes, Ele Focus, Fire Pen, Controlled Destruction. For your 6L use Empower Level 3 or higher.

Note: Flame Totem scales A LOT by levels. So a level 4 empower and a level 21 flame totem will give you incredible dps boosts. If you can get your hands on a +1 gems Infernal Mantle you'll get a significant dps boost, but it's not required whatsoever of course.

Gloves:

Atziri's Acuity with cast speed corruption is the best overall glove for this build. You have the perfect mix between damage and survivability. They are very expensive though (not required).

For general & fast mapping I recommend insanity gloves with attack speed and you put your whirling blades - faster attacks - fortify in there. (Or Shield Charge if you prefer.)

For guardians, Shaper & Uber Atziri you can use Legacy Facebreakers with 90% multi (Or Maligaro's Virtuosity / Shadow's and Dust) with Cast Speed Corruption.

Belt: Life, resists. Flat ES and crafted movement speed are nice bonuses.

Rings: Use Diamond Rings, get 2 high resists, cast speed and life. Mine are rather shitty but you get the idea. ^^

You can also use opal rings if your crit chance is high enough.

Amulet: Get Life, Spell Damage, Cast Speed, Crit Multi and if you can, crit chance.
Some examples of what your end game amulet should look like:

Pain Pendant is basically the best in slot amulet you can get, it would only get beaten by the same amulet with a legacy crit multi roll. Cast Speed is a great dps boost, and so is crit multi, so try and get a lot of these :D

Note: You need 155 total dexterity to be able to use Level 20 Vaal haste. Get Dex on some pieces.

Helm: Life, Resists and high ES as bonus. There are 3 good enchants: 150% Lightning Golem Effect, 30% Flame Totem Projectile Speed and 40% Flame Totem Damage. The Proj Speed is best for mapping. 150% Lightning Golem is most dps with 40% FT Damage being a close second.

Weapon:

My weapon of choice for any crit spellcaster build is usually a dagger:

The one linked is the best in slot dagger you can get, but it's hard to obtain due to cast speed being an essence-only mod on daggers. Try to aim for 120%+ total crit chance for spells, 40+ spell damage, 30+ average fire damage to spells and 30+ crit multi. Attack speed is a nice stat to have for faster whirling blade or shield charge speed!

Alternatively you can use wands / sceptres

Boots:

The Enchant here is very important. Since we never kill ourselves this gives us a constant 10% ele penetration. If you can't get it aim for 120% inc crit chance if you haven't crit recently. Note: this will not work if you are using orb of storms (which crits).

Flasks:

Explanation to Wise Oak: Best Dps boost you can get. With flask effect this will penetrate 26% fire resist IF your fire resist is higher than the other resists (or they are at least equal.)

Most underrated flask, it is a must have.

Rest of flasks are self-explanatory.

DAMAGE CALCULATIONS:

Note: Numbers are from 2.6 but should still be the same in 3.0, nothing has been nerfed afaik.

This section is for a nearly min/maxed character only and is dps against bosses (higher resistances)
Fully buffed means: Vaal Haste, 3 Power Charges, Wise Oak, Onslaught, Atziri's Promise, Silver Flask, Lightning Golem active. Level 95 Chieftain with nearly bis gear. Calculations done with Path of Building. (No guarantee for accuracy, just posting stats from there)

Note: Will test adding in a Searing Bond Totem, this would give us another 35% increased damage if it ignites enemies.

Buffed Dps per totem against non-shocked bosses, fully buffed:
614497 dps or 1.84m total dps with all 3 totems up

Against shocked bosses like Uber Split Phase:
884822 dps or 2.65m dps with all 3 totems up

Shaper and Guardians: (shaper and uber atziri are shock immune, treat numbers with caution as I cannot tell wether path of building has the correct resistance numbers for those enemies)

544003 dps per totem, 1.63m dps with 3 totems up

783301 dps per totem, 2.35m dps with all totems up

Once I get the gear together for this min/max setup I will post more videos. (It's already faceroll at this point anyways however.^^)

Note: This was done with all gems only being 20/20 except for 21/20 Flame Totem and Level 4 empower. So with all gems being 21/20 it would get even better. Maybe I'll do that in Standard :D

If you have questions leave them below or on the youtube video.

Hope you enjoy!
Mortalo's Mirror Mania

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1872121

Creator of Blood Wing, Entropy Grinder, Eagle Hunger, Corruption Bite, Entropy Lock
Last edited by MortaloZeusson on Sep 7, 2017, 3:11:31 AM
Last bumped on Oct 9, 2017, 6:59:14 PM
How does the interaction between MoM, Blood Magic, and Eldritch Battery work? Without any mana wouldn't MoM just not reduce any damage?
This dagger! Amazing... How much? :)
I like the build. I threw it into Path of Building and end up with 100k DPS per totem against Shaper/Guardians without Flasks and Minion/Totem Ele Resistance instead of Empower. Seems like it is decently strong to start out, and scales nicely with levels and gear investment. I do wonder how far you can push it, but 300k is definitely enough even for Shaper.

One change I'd suggest, especially since the crit nerf, is to not limit yourself to daggers exclusively. A Sceptre with the same rolls is just as good, and depending on how much crit & multi you have, maybe even better.
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
Build is very similar (almost the same) to my build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702947
"
Jenos wrote:
How does the interaction between MoM, Blood Magic, and Eldritch Battery work? Without any mana wouldn't MoM just not reduce any damage?

Blood Magic removes your mana, which is very important for 2 reasons:

1) Infernal Mantle downside (100% increased spell damage taken when on low mana) will never trigger, since having no mana counts as being on full mana all the time

2) makes casting spells much easier (and the BiS shield tukohama's fortress has it free anyways)

So then we face ourselves with a build that has 1500 to 2000 ES - but without EB or MoM this would be completely useless, since we take damage from blood magic and it would always be depleted.

By allocating EB and MoM our energy shield "moves" to our mana pool and we get 30% damage reduction doing that.

TLDR: With MoM and EB your energy shield goes to your mana pool and protects that, giving you 30% dmg reduction

Mortalo's Mirror Mania

Creator of Blood Wing, Entropy Grinder, Eagle Hunger, Corruption Bite, Entropy Lock
"
DLimited wrote:
I like the build. I threw it into Path of Building and end up with 100k DPS per totem against Shaper/Guardians without Flasks and Minion/Totem Ele Resistance instead of Empower. Seems like it is decently strong to start out, and scales nicely with levels and gear investment. I do wonder how far you can push it, but 300k is definitely enough even for Shaper.

One change I'd suggest, especially since the crit nerf, is to not limit yourself to daggers exclusively. A Sceptre with the same rolls is just as good, and depending on how much crit & multi you have, maybe even better.

Mine says 450k (with buffs), I think that is with a single totem?

I had to manually create an item that simulates the wise oak flask though, since it doesn't seem to be able to understand what the flask does yet.
(Just made a belt with "penetrates 26% fire resistance" (flask effect scales it))

I did consider Sceptres but losing 150% crit total isn't that easy to compensate. If I find a GG one I will try it out for sure though.
I really like my whirling blades though :D
Mortalo's Mirror Mania

"
Lopi85 wrote:
This dagger! Amazing... How much? :)

It's currently the #1 dps caster dagger and can be found here for mirror service:

"
Lopi85 wrote:
Build is very similar (almost the same) to my build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702947

Nice guide. You got great taste sir :p

Although I don't know why you are using 4 life flasks :3
Mortalo's Mirror Mania

Do you think this is viable in hardcore? If not, what changes might you suggest? It's seems pretty badass though
"
Shikumo wrote:
Do you think this is viable in hardcore? If not, what changes might you suggest? It's seems pretty badass though

Absolutely hc viable, I would simply focus on getting more defenses there, but the build has tons of options to do that.

First and foremost: Increase your life pool. I had 6.5k HP and ~2k ES at first but felt like I can deal with 5-5.5k Life and ~1.7k+ ES easily too, so I went and grabbed more damage. Totem Taunt + smart playstyle is keeping me alive. Most of the times :p

Some options you have:

- Grab more life nodes (scion wheel and devotion cluster are good options)

- Use a 2nd CWDT setup in your shield (I usually level 2-3x empower there, or flame totem to corrupt)

CWDT, Enfeeble, Vortex f.e. would help

- If you can get them, grab Atziri's Acuity. Huge survivability boost due to the instant leech

- Grab another life flask if you feel like it. Rumi's or other defensive flasks are an option, too.
(Do not ever drop wise oak flask. It is too good^^ If you can, get all your resists equal to get even more ele dmg reduction from it.)

Mortalo's Mirror Mania

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info