This casual player catches trade bots with one simple trick!

1. Put a Tabula up for sale for half the cheapest price on poe.trade
2. Wait 30 seconds
3. You won't believe what happens next!

I just did this by accident and received 3 offers before I even left my stash. Not gonna name names here, but I have a screenshot of them if support is interested.

If GGG aren't doing this at least once a day and banning the accounts that are consistently that quick to respond, they should be.
Last bumped on Jun 16, 2017, 8:05:56 PM
That's not a bot that's PoE.trade live search -.-
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I set up alerts on poe.trade for good deals and respond right away when something pops up cheap. Does that mean I'm a bot?
"

No. Live search takes a bit of time to get the item indexed. If you get a response literally the second you put it in your stash, like that second, that's someone connecting right into PoE trades API.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
"

No. Live search takes a bit of time to get the item indexed. If you get a response literally the second you put it in your stash, like that second, that's someone connecting right into PoE trades API.

Okay whatever you believe guy it takes literally 1 second for it to show. Next thing you're going to tell me is that Alkaiser is botting.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Mar 31, 2017, 4:08:55 PM
"

Okay whatever you believe guy it takes literally 1 second for it to show. Next thing you're going to tell me is that Alkaiser is botting.

So I guess we can all conclude that there are no bots whatsoever because you are incredulous.

Personally I think "deal notifications" are something that is absolutely game breaking and just as bad as bots sniping shit, as well as being instrumental in price fixing/manipulation.
"
"
"

You're wrong. Bye.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
I set up alerts on poe.trade for good deals and respond right away when something pops up cheap. Does that mean I'm a bot?

That's actually a very good question.

Now, cards on the table. I basically play SSF, the only trading I do is selling the not-completely-junk items I find for like 1 fuse a pop on Standard. I'm not terribly invested in the economy either way.

But whenever the idea of an ingame auction house or more automated trading comes up (which I also don't support btw), people are quick to jump on it with the objection that it would make it too easy for market manipulators to fix prices by instantly buying everything below a certain price.

So... isn't that basically what you're doing? Is an automated process redeemed by requiring a human to press a button at the end?
This isn't proof of botting. This is a great way to ban innocent players.
"
ShiyoKozuki wrote:
This isn't proof of botting. This is a great way to ban innocent players.

It's not proof, but it's evidence. Which is why I said:

"
suszterpatt wrote:
banning the accounts that are consistently that quick to respond

Last edited by suszterpatt on Mar 31, 2017, 4:30:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info