[3.2] Deadeye Windripper solo MF

Hello and welcome to my Deadeye Windripper MF guide.

I have been playing Windripper MF builds since 1.3 and after lots of testing I believe Deadeye is the best farmer in the current meta. Scion is superior for damage but slower, and champion is superior for defense but also slower.

I have changed my approach slightly from going all in MF to balance MF and speed.

Bear in mind that this will be expensive to set up to perform at a respectable level. It’s designed to MF farm maps from t1 to t15 - not guardians, shaper, uber atziri. It can, however, do these bosses but you would need godlike gear for that as well as tweaks to gear and skill tree such as picking up point blank and getting +arrows barrage helmet etc. My advise is to use a seperate character for bossing.

Lastly, its set up with standard gear in mind, but its perfectly viable in leagues with some alternative gear.

Pros and cons:

+ Very high MF values possible while maintaining supreme clear speed.
+ Fun to play
+ Can add a second 6L for single target (barrage), but not necessary. I personally prefer to only use one right click skill and TS is easier to aim and safer to use.

- pretty expensive
- struggle with damage at the absolute highest content

Ascendancy choice:

Deadeye is the fastest and gives the best utility in 3.2.

My recommended setup is Far Shot > Endless Munitions. Gathering Winds. Fast and Deadly.

My reasoning for choosing fast and deadly over ricochet is that Windripper MF builds often struggles with accuracy due to using ventors and bisco's which fast and deadly counters. My guide is using the pierce nodes on the skill tree instead to increase the clear speed, which is more than enough.

Gearing:

Gearing depends very largely on your current stats, here is some numbers you should aim for:

*Capped resistances
*90% chance to hit
*75% crit chance. This translates to about 94% crit chance with diamond flask.
*Around 5000 life.

Helm

The most important thing when buying a helm is to get one with +2 tornado shot projectiles enchant!

Chest

This one is required

Quiver

Legacy multi with +1 arrow gives the best results. However, a +2 arrow shaper quiver is not very far behind.

Don't buy unique quivers, they are noob traps. (except rigwalds quill's, but this guide uses pierce so its a no go)

Rare have the following stat priority - Crit Multi > WED > Life > crit chance > flat accuracy/IAS > added cold/lighting dmg.
The most important part is that it got +1/+2 arrow.

Weapon

Windripper
Well this is a given, look for highest crit possible.
Super expensive option is a +1 arrow ripper.
You can actually use a rare or the tempest but then what is the point of a windripper build?

Belt

Top end is HH or elder stygian vise.

Second best choices are

Biscos leash or rare stygian vise

Important with a high WED and life roll
Good suffixes include: Resistances, reduced flask charges used

You can also try your luck at some essence of hysteria crafting: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_of_Hysteria

This gives you 5% elemental damage penetration when using a flask (it is a suffix).

Gloves

Recommended option is Sadima's touch with elemental weakness on hit corruption.
Budget option is a Sadima’s touch with no corruption.

Boots

Recommended option: Good rare with high MS and good quantity and preferably some resists and life.
Budget option: Goldwyrm.
Getting a +1 level of socketed gems on goldwyrm is very nice for auras.

Amulet

For standard bisco's, no other choice.
For league id recommend elder ammy with the following stat priority - IIQ>Crit multi > WED > Life > Accuracy/Crit chance/resists

Rings

Recommended option: Rare gold rings with the following stat priority – Item quantity> WED > Life > resists > item rarity
Budget option: Ventor's gamble – as good as you can afford.

Links:

6L:
Standard league: Tornado shot, WED, GMP, Added cold damage, Added lightning damage, Increased item quantity.

Temp league: Tornado shot, WED, GMP, Added cold damage, Added lightning damage, Increased critical strikes.

You can use item rarity for added lightning damage on very low content.

4L: GGRB – Vaal haste, blood rage, increased duration, faster casting

4L: RGBB – Empower, herald of ice, wrath, enlighten. Use this in boots if you got a +1 gems item.

Rest is up to you, make sure to fit in ice golem and blink arrow somewhere in the remaining slots.

Bandits:

kill'em all

Jewels:

Jewels are important to cap resistances, get the needed stats and as high dps and life as possible.

Rare viridian jewels must have life and attack speed with bows as prefixes, they are the only good ones. You have some more choice when it comes to suffixes. Resistance is first priority to get capped, then stats needed to use your gear and gems. Other good stats are crit multi> projectile damage > damage > attack speed.

Rare searching eye jewels are very very good. Aim to get ones with life, flat elemental damage (lightning preferred), crit multi, attack speed on crit.

Lioneye's fall is used on the right side by Acrobatics to convert the claw nodes to bow nodes.

The blue dream/nightmare is used in the duelist jewel location for 15% chance to get a power charge on kill.

Here is an example of my jewels:

Flasks:

Here is my current and recommended flask setup:

I prefer a life flask for safety, however a stibnite instead is a good choice.

Video’s:

T14 shaped vault:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-wArRERinE&feature=youtu.be

T15 port: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1euIg_Xg4c&feature=youtu.be

T5 haunted mansion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6mpHxljrrY&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by Lanfear88 on Mar 19, 2018, 3:57:10 PM
Last bumped on Mar 18, 2023, 5:20:07 PM
Reserved
Nice build! I'm trying something similar. Couple questions:

- Why not raider? Faster movement, faster attack and faster clearing overall.
- Why not LA? The built-in chaining doesn't need any aiming and clears faster.
Does windripper actually do damage if you have a non legacy version and normal gear instead of 1000+ exalts worth of gear?
"
enigmyth wrote:
Nice build! I'm trying something similar. Couple questions:

- Why not raider? Faster movement, faster attack and faster clearing overall.
- Why not LA? The built-in chaining doesn't need any aiming and clears faster.

I tried raider first as i thought so as well but pathfinder is just better for a couple of reasons. Firstly, you need to be pathfinder to get an extra projectile from dying sun so you can drop gmp. Pathfinder has basically permanent flask uptime, at least for maps up to t15. Nature's Adrenaline gives 15% movespeed and flask effect gives 35% extra movespeed from my quicksilver so in the end the Pathfinder is clearing faster.

LA is fine for clearing but sucks for single target. Tornado shot with extra secondary projectiles, pierce and Harald of ice explosions clears just as fast as LA in my opinion, and it doesn't need a designated single target skill like Barrage. Also kaom version doesn't allow for 2 setups.
Thanks for clarifying. This is really an interesting build, so I have a couple more questions:

- Why not going CI full ES and drop kaom? Isn't that even safer than life?
- How about the classic Windripper + SA + Chain/Pierce? It will have enough arrows chaining twice. Without GMP, there may be enough dps for single target as well. I like LA and SA because they don't need any aiming, QoL is better. TS needs to aim a lot.
"
Tubbehh wrote:
Does windripper actually do damage if you have a non legacy version and normal gear instead of 1000+ exalts worth of gear?

Sure. Apart from my +1 windripper, quiver and legacy kaom most of my gear is only expensive because of the IIQ stats. You can get cheap equivalents without the high iiq stats which will most often out DPS my gear.

I went ahead and recorded a t15 for you with this windripper and greed's on a 5l (due to wrong colours for iiq gem)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inm9JRVyjDI&feature=youtu.be
"
enigmyth wrote:
Thanks for clarifying. This is really an interesting build, so I have a couple more questions:

- Why not going CI full ES and drop kaom? Isn't that even safer than life?
- How about the classic Windripper + SA + Chain/Pierce? It will have enough arrows chaining twice. Without GMP, there may be enough dps for single target as well. I like LA and SA because they don't need any aiming, QoL is better. TS needs to aim a lot.

Well first off, to get a respectable amount of ES on a bow char along with good IIQ stats you would have to mirror gloves, helm and boots.

Another reason is that Sadima and Goldwyrm got higher IIQ stats than anything else, while also being cheap. Also, getting ele weakness on hit on a good ES glove with iiq is next to impossible, while it is relatively easy on a Sadima.

Last reason is that when you get your hand on a legacy vinktar and don't need to pick up vaal pact, my skill tree gives 3,6% life regen which means we can have blood rage up almost for free. That wont work on an ES build without zealoth's oath.

Split arrow will never work for bosses, and afaik GMP are never used on split arrow in the first place. Besides, if you chain you cant pierce and chain comes with a pretty nasty damage penalty as well as stealing a link, its just not worth it imo.

TS does require some aiming for maximum damage output, but most of the time little aiming is needed, thats my opinion at least.
Last edited by Lanfear88 on Apr 2, 2017, 9:08:04 AM
I made a mistake with the blue dream, i thought 2.6 changed it to only having to be in range to get the power charge. This is wrong and i have therefore spent 2 extra points in the duelist section for "cloth and chain" to get 15% power charge on kill, which is enough to keep them up. Will update the skill trees asap to reflect this change.
Last edited by Lanfear88 on Apr 2, 2017, 9:01:58 AM
What happened to the inquisitor MF?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info