Minion Balance Changes in The Fall of Oriath Beta

I am still waiting on a more reliable Tooltip for SRS.
Domination : ZebraTrance
Standard : ENERGIE_ONE
Anarchy : SS_SKRILLEZ
Legacy (2017): LightOfTheAryans
Absolutely love you GiGiGi love minions build. Finally they are getting some love. Really looking forward to the changes!
"
chieftainkys wrote:

Is this for real? Are you NERFING Summon Skeletons? WOW. And here I'm leveling a Skele Summoner in LSC thinking at least one of my characters won't be nerfed to shit into 3.0. May as well just dump it now.

I always made fun of PoE that the stupid devs just nerf every build after one month. And now here i am started a Skeleton summoner two days ago, and now it gets nerfed. I'm sad right now.
Laaaameee....the only fun as summoner was to have a billion of monsters....you killed Dom Blow, Minions get more and more caps in quantity....laaaaammmeee...better improve your code if its a performance problem... :(

At least your Spectre plans are awesome...some years late, but would be fine if we get this finally. :)
awesome. hope you guys can make persistent spectres. that's what i want the most. sounds like it might be possible now!

summoning and ai are kinda good as is. atleast for me.

finally updated spreadsheets. thanks for that!
"
Imp0815 wrote:
"
chieftainkys wrote:

Is this for real? Are you NERFING Summon Skeletons? WOW. And here I'm leveling a Skele Summoner in LSC thinking at least one of my characters won't be nerfed to shit into 3.0. May as well just dump it now.

I always made fun of PoE that the stupid devs just nerf every build after one month. And now here i am started a Skeleton summoner two days ago, and now it gets nerfed. I'm sad right now.

Blame poison, and specifically United in Dream xD
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
Hey It's nice to hear that summon got some love.

But the main problem is AI. ALL WE NEED IS A JEW THAT MAKE ZOMBIE AGGRESSIVE. They suppose to bloodthirst like in Left 4 Head , not some retards that you can even melee them with frying pan

[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)
"
Morsels wrote:
I don't get the point of these changes.. they seem.. not what the community wanted exactly?

If they gave every single thing the ''community'' wanted, this game would have died at around first expansion.
No rest for the wicked.
"
smkbby wrote:
He said it was to improve performance. And with the buffs, you don't need as many.

Performance improvement I can maybe buy, but there are tons of other areas they can change that would improve performance that would not hinder/kill unique builds out there.

With buffs you don't need as many skeletons?

They're still going to be slow-moving, they're still going to be duration-based, and aside from their attack animation being sped up and causing their swings to hit sooner, there is absolutely no mention of AI improvement. At least when we could summon upwards of 20-30 of them (which you could do with just jewel investment and manage to pull off in about 3-4 seconds with the helm enchant) there was a good chance that at least 10-15 of them would still do what you summoned them for instead of just turning to look at you like 'what did you expect?'. Now we can reach 15 max with investment in uniques and passives. So I would either need a two-hand sword or two midnights (which would eat my ability to aura-support with life reservation), be limited to 1 jewel, a nerfed (or outright changed) helm enchant and a sad, sad pair of unique boots to get about half of my usual potential? What a buff...

If I were to try to run my build with these changes, I would get a max of 9 (maybe 10 with a slight reworking of my tree) skeletons... and that is assuming that the skill tree changes just reworked skeletons to +1 instead of +2 in all areas instead of removing their added number entirely. My skeleton wall/shield is significantly smaller (loss of around 60-66% at max), they have inherent block chance now, but only 20% (no mention of if that includes spells, so spell AOE could still wreck them), but their AI, weaknesses and life will remain the same... and I imagine the build would go from feeling like fun to 'why bother?'
as a player who spends 90% of his time playing summoner.

thank you :D

can't wait to try out all the new doot doot
I'm that Morty guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info