Minion Balance Changes in The Fall of Oriath Beta

"
glorphanmad wrote:
No golem damage on spreadsheet?

Theyre not undead. Also, theyre new enough to not need reworking. Undead are old as hell and didnt get much love.
Finally some great great changes! Thx Chris. Have some cookies. 😊
I also suggest giving spectres protection after changing instance too.

I wanted to do the Leo's daily, thought I'd take the chance and try to do it in the Sarn arena.
What happened? While I was loading someone cheapshot killed my spectres (because they won't attack until I move or protection expired) while my game was loading it.
Last edited by World_Destructor on Mar 31, 2017, 7:50:17 AM
Please give us a Upgrade on Bones of Ullr, Silk Slippers 30 Es is killing me.
Hey Chris,

What is the status on tooltip damage for minions? THIS is what you really need--more information for the players, so that we can make intelligent, on-the-fly decisions.

I daresay this is even more important than the balance changes you have laid out.

Information is king. And the paucity of information in this game (minions happen to be a glaring example) makes its mechanics more opaque than they need to be.

...By far.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
glorphanmad wrote:
No golem damage on spreadsheet?

Theyre not undead. Also, theyre new enough to not need reworking. Undead are old as hell and didnt get much love.

who fucking care they are not undead, a spreadsheet about their skill, cooldwown, and damage is also necessaary.
On top of that, cold and lightning golem are utter trash and should be rebalanced/reworked so they can be a real alternativ to flame or chaos golem.
IGN TylordRampage
I'm not going to repeat what others have said already, it's very clear to me most people experienced with summon skeletons agree these changes don't improve the power or usability of these skills. But that is not going to make ggg change it's mind, they have never changed their minds after a change is announced, that I remember. No matter if the community wants to rationalize it's not true, I see it's pretty obvious ggg cares less and less about the community over time.

Reducing the quantity of skeletons is reducing the defining characteristics of the skill, making them more like every other skill. Reducing the defining characteristics of a skill reduces builds diversity. It would be justified if it meant balancing an overpowered or underpowered skill, but it's not the case. Many builds and skills demand more CPU/GPU, players know it and accept it because it is better not being able to choose a build because of your computer than because it does not exist, at least someone will play that build and not your own.

To me, the case is making another skill good for xbox, but I don't know how xbox works. Also, I don't know if this would improve performance or make it worse in my case. I'm increasing minion attack speed with almost everything the game has to offer, I don't know how speeding the attack animation would affect my CPU.

Finally, I want to repeat something I bet has been repeated before. This game has a big problem with a sense of progression for the player. The effort put into designing a character, leveling and getting equipment is wasted too soon. No progress can happen without change, but change can be made in other ways. I'm playing a lich queen and I'm loving it, but this is not the first or the second time ggg nerfs the character I'm playing to its knees, it feels like I was always playing beta and it's not my idea of fun.
Rebalancing minions is always done, how about some Animate Guardian love, put some passives that animate another guardian or a unique that if you animate it, it has better oomph , like the brooms from Fantasia when those things were animated, Micky almost killed himself
Mind fixing the zombies' slam while we're here at it? Maybe make that CD longer?
"
"
Rmpz wrote:

The damage buff is fine and sure I'll take that, but that isn't even remotely close to what we have been asking.

Spectre: Stop with the level of the corpse stuff, either tie it to the gem lvl or the char level. It is frustrating beyond belief helping a low lvl friend and having your lvl 77+ spectre die against normal dominus.

Nothing to help with the AI at all? It gets frustrating casting a offering behind me so all of sudden my minions fall back standing there until I cast a curse or something on the mobs they should be hitting all the time. They really need to be more aggressive

Exactly this

agreed 100%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info