Grandmaster Map

"
Ahfack wrote:

On standard it's customary to pay a 1ex fee.

Wait wut ?

Who's noob enought to pay 1ex for this map, the only threats are Danzig and Mulgaben (not really a threat but more like a failed clear condition if you come unprepared) and with the Hall number reduction there is a possibility that they don't spawn at all.

Lol i'll run the map for free, you can even choose the build I will use ^^
Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 31, 2017, 5:54:05 AM
"
you can even choose the build I will use ^^

Conversion Trap Ascendant.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Mar 31, 2017, 5:59:53 AM
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:

On standard it's customary to pay a 1ex fee.

Wait wut ?

Who's noob enought to pay 1ex for this map, the only threats are Danzig and Mulgaben (not really a threat but more like a failed clear condition if you come unprepared) and with the Hall number reduction there is a possibility that they don't spawn at all.

Lol i'll run the map for free, you can even choose the build I will use ^^

I have people message me all the time offering 1ex to do the map. Throw the word noob around all you like but if 1ex is a big deal to you on standard then you're the noob bro lol

People spend multiple ex reshaping their atlas and this is part of it. If some people are in the 90s with over 50%xp when they decide to do this, then it's definitely worth it to them to not risk losing xp
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 31, 2017, 6:12:40 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:

im in standard league, i can help you there. with icestorm though, that map isn't really hard, you sure you used block chance reduction gem?

hmm no never used block chance reduction gem - so you think this is the whole trick?

I am gonna try it today after i leveled to 91 ^^ :)
definitely need bcr yes
"
Ahfack wrote:

I have people message me all the time offering 1ex to do the map. Throw the word noob around all you like but if 1ex is a big deal to you on standard then you're the noob bro lol

Sorry i'm not part of the 0.01 top geared/crafter players, me and the 99.99% "regular" players will look for advices in the future :kappa:

More seriously, any experienced player can clear that map without trouble right now, it used to be more difficult (and even at 6 Halls with un-nerfed frost wall cheese, I farmed it a crazy amount of time with a sub optimal geared SRS char during prophecy) but now it's an absolute cakewalk.

That's why I find it "strange" that someone able to throw exalts like it's chromatics would have difficulties clearing that map if a noob like me can do it while watching a movie.
Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 31, 2017, 7:35:40 AM
hahahaha, Icedeal you have lots of intimate knowledge about this game that the majority of the players don't have/will never learn. And I'm not saying "gitgud" or "l2p" or "poor ppl" lol, but think about the time it would take a guy without this knowledge to achieve his goal when 99% of players don't even know BCR exists.

I would rather "teach a man to fish", but most people don't want to learn how to fish. They want to just get done with their fucking atlas so they can grind endless shaped strands with their pathfinder/ci build until they're bored in 2wks and quit anyway (lol).

Time is Ex.

Think about the time the average player would spend trying the map, doing reserach, failing to even find out about BCR gem, watching videos, trying again, failing again, losing XP, creating a thread in WTB/WTS that goes by days without reply.

If I was in that situation I would be itching to just pay the 1ex to get it done.

Had a guy msg me 2 days ago and did service for him. We chatted a bunch before the HoGM service and I told him lots of ways he can work on his build etc... I could've swore he was a noob because he didn't know about BCR or anything, boy was I wrong tho. I did the map for him and told him he didn't have to pay anything, just come in and collect the atlas completion. He deopped 5ex on the ground in map and told me to take it. After completion of the map he linked me 6 mirrors, a 1007es chest and a victory slicer, and said he was happy to help.

That was just some dude I never even knew played the game.

Fucking standard, man...
"
Ahfack wrote:
After completion of the map he linked me 6 mirrors, a 1007es chest and a victory slicer, and said he was happy to help.

That was just some dude I never even knew played the game.

Fucking standard, man...

Either the way he got his wealth is "fishy" or GGG failed at creating a game and ended up with a trading simulator instead (and i'll never understand why people would spend their time flipping currency on a video game instead of doing it on Forex and make real money, it's exactly the same skillset).
Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 31, 2017, 8:22:42 AM
"
exxidus wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:

im in standard league, i can help you there. with icestorm though, that map isn't really hard, you sure you used block chance reduction gem?

hmm no never used block chance reduction gem - so you think this is the whole trick?

I am gonna try it today after i leveled to 91 ^^ :)
if it's not too late: Don't forget to bring frost bomb for the -75% regen modifier. Ideally you will have quality on your BCR gem as well. And a last trick that might help with dps: in PvP against aegis or even regular CWS+tempest shield builds, it is better to do few hard hits instead of many small hits. So if you get stuck against an unkillable build, withdraw, swap some gems and try again.
I only use BCR with Glacial Cascade and it seems to work really well, especially with block pen dualies.

As for the map itself there's probably, at most, two characters who are even remotely dangerous. Otherwise, your only real enemy is lag.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info