[2.6] HC/SC | Morphyne's Ignite Ice Crash Berserker/Fast Clearing/Low Budget

Introduction

Hello everyone! Another guide done by me(Morphyne), and again I'm stuck on the godly might that is the ignite mechanic. Last time I did a vortex ignite build with totems and it was insane damage! The clear speed top notch, the boss fights were fun, and the survivability was on point to take on late game HC difficulty maps. This time however, I wanted to focus on a couple differences from my last build and do stronger single target damage, still focus on ice to fire conversion because WHY NOT! And use a big hitting AoE ability that hits like a truck and can produce big numbers while keeping it's survivability in check.

Mechanics

Why Ice Crash?
We need a big hitting melee ice skill gem that can acquire a lot of base damage. At max level, Ice Crash does 208% base damage! That's amazing for the combination of initial hit and ignite damage. We could also use other abilities such as Molten Strike, or Infernal blow, but these personally are very clunky to use and the clear speed for maps aren't very good. So I chose to go Ice to Fire conversion with Ice Crash and it works like a charm!

How do we achieve full ice to fire conversion?
Unfortunately, the conversion meta got hit with a nerf-stick quite hard. In any case, we would of put on a Pyre Ring and went about our full 100% conversion. Since we can no longer do that, we have to rely on two main components; Cold to Fire Gem and Avatar of Fire which can be done by using a Xoph's Blood or through the passive Skill tree.

What we have to look forward to endgame.
Spoiler

As you can see, the damage is unreal. We will be doing over 200k initial hit damage, and over 250k ignite damage, for a whopping 500k damage!
*Note* The life is not calculating gear that i'm currently using.

Now we have full fire conversion and our single target is doing amazing damage and with the stages of AoE that Ice Crash uses, we have fast clear speed as well!

Video(s)

-Our survivability is amazing, 207% Life from our skill tree and with Grace, I achieve over 11k armour.
-We gain a lot of Life Leech from our ascendancy for those tight situations.
-Amazing clear speed!
-Build price is up to you. But for the mandatory unique's, the build runs about 25c. Not too shabby!
-Since we have mana leech, no need for a mana potion so open spaces on the belt for some good pots!
-The build has a fast leveling speed so no waiting around to get to maps.

-Inevitably, we are a Berserker. Which means we will be taking 10% increased damage which is noticeable.
-We cannot run Elemental Reflect maps unless you want to find a quick death, I do not recommend it.
-(I don't think this is a con, but I feel it could be counted as one) Our pathing on the passives could be pushed for more damage if built a certain way, but as it sits it's built for more survivability for HC.

This section will include Mandatory unique's and Recommended items that rotates around this build. By all means, any items posted here are just items I feel are necessary.

Mandatory Unique's

Spoiler

The Mojo of this build. When we dual wield them, we then get 200% burning damage and 200% melee damage. Not only are they powerful, but they're cheap! Around 10c per blade is pretty damn amazing.

Normally I would say Devoto's would be a choice up to the builder, but in this case I feel it's mandatory for this build. Since we are getting Iron Reflexes, the armour we obtain for this helm is huge. Also, our attack speed without it is a little slow, the dexterity we gain from it is required to run grace. So all in all, I count it as a must have item.

Recommended Unique's

Spoiler

Carnage Heart ever since its recent buff has been great not only for leveling but for end game content as well. Even still I'm using it until I'm able to obtain a Xoph's Blood. It's extremely useful in heated combat when I don't take a savage hit but I'm still losing life and need that extra leech speed.

The cream of the crop. Xoph's Blood in this build isn't mandatory, but by god should it be used. Very expensive item ranging from 130c-160c, but well worth the investment. It's a huge buff in damage and gives a bunch of life. For sure, recommended.

Leveling Item(s)

Spoiler

This sword is all you will need for leveling. Dual wielding this, took me from level 20 all the way to 68 when I could equip my Razor Of The Seventh Sun's. Highly recommend using them to level and they're only 1c!

As Berserker, we will be taking passives as follows: Pain Reaver > Cloaked In Savagery > Crave the Slaughter > Aspect of Carnage

So the reasoning behind why we take high road first instead of going the route to get Aspect of Carnage, we must build defensively before we plan on taking that 10% increased damage. I've lost one character already this league because I did not think about elemental reflect as taking additional damage from Aspect of Carnage and I pretty much two-shotted myself. So getting the life and mana leech first is a great idea for leveling. We lost the need for potions early game and we are able to level faster without worrying about defensive stats. Once we get Cloaked In Savagery, the end games feels a lot more manageable. When we take damage from reflect or big hits, we can easily get ourselves back to full life with a few hits and we are safe until we gain Aspect of Carnage. Believe me, 10% damage increased damage to yourself doesn't feel good, but that 40% more damage sure is worth it!

Passive Tree
Spoiler

Final Passive Tree
www.poeurl.com/bgqV

Leveling Passive Tree
31 Passives
www.poeurl.com/bgqZ

59 Passives
www.poeurl.com/bgqY

91 Passives
www.poeurl.com/bgq0

*NOTE* If you plan on getting a Xoph's Blood, switch out Avatar of Fire on the Passive Tree for a Dexterity node for you will not have enough Dex to run certain skill gems.

Bandits
Spoiler
Oak > Kraityn > Passive Point

Main Setup

Ice Crash > Melee Physical Damage > Weapon Elemental Damage > Cold To Fire > Fire Penetration > Increased AoE/Conc. Effect

Defensive Setup

Immortal Call > Cast When Damage Taken > Increased Duration > Vaal haste

Movement Setup

Leap Slam > Faster Attacks > Fortify

Aura/Golem Setup

Herald of Ash > Grace > Summon Fire Golem

Secondary Damage Setup

Ancestral Warchief Totem > Weapon Elemental Damage > Melee Physical Damage > Faster Attacks

Curse/Extra Setup

Orb of Storms > Curse on Hit > Flammability > Blood Rage

Spoiler

Jewels

These little guys will boost your damage a lot! Since we are converting cold to fire, we benefit from both the cold and fire damage on these jewels. We also need as much Ignite Chance as we can get so having an additional 4% helps.

By far one of my favorite builds! I love igniting things and watching the world burn. The damage is insane and I hope you guys enjoy the guide and have fun with an upcoming character. Finally achieved a full build with this guys so I'm super proud of how this character came out! Will be doing upcoming updates as well as posting videos in the video section in the free time. If you feel like dropping a comment, question, or complaint please feel free on replying and I'll get back with you as soon as I can. Hope you guys stay safe out there and as always, I'll be posting some more creative builds in the future!

Scorching Ray Totem Build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1768529

Vortex Ignite Totem Build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1828077

Arctic Breath Elementalist
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1832063

Updates/Fixes

4/12/2017 - Made changes to the passive tree and added a leveling section for the passives to easily follow the passives.
Last edited by Morphyne123 on Apr 12, 2017, 8:36:10 PM
Last bumped on May 15, 2017, 9:31:09 AM
Reserved.
Hey, your build sounds fun, would really like to see a video of that :) Was looking for that kind of ignite stuff, good job!
"
SuperCrap wrote:
Hey, your build sounds fun, would really like to see a video of that :) Was looking for that kind of ignite stuff, good job!

Posting a video here soon! Hopefully I can get one up within the hour :)
Why don't you just use Hrimburn gloves? In this case you will have 100% conversion to cold + possibility to ignite so no need Avatar of Fire and Cold to Fire Support.
"
Why don't you just use Hrimburn gloves? In this case you will have 100% conversion to cold + possibility to ignite so no need Avatar of Fire and Cold to Fire Support.

Good suggestion! Matter of fact I considered using Hrimburn for my cold to fire conversion. A couple of things that I thought about when considering if I should use them or not.

1.) The cold to fire gem is actually a great source of damage! Even while converting our cold to fire, its giving us extra cold damage as fire and with quality on the gem, it's giving us both fire and cold damage which is a stacking damage source, kinda like our Izaro's Turmoil.

2.) Since I'm in HC difficulty, I feel the Hrimburn is a little lacking in attributes. It's missing life which is sorta mandatory for this build since we take a lot of damage not only from reflect but from taking increased damage from our ascendancy. It gives us a decent # on resists, but it's nothing too glorious.

3.) In the end game setup, we actually don't even need Avatar of Fire from the passive tree since we will be getting it From Xoph's blood. It's merely posted on the passive tree as an option for builders who want to either use it or not, giving them free rein to pick and choose their amulets.

4.) In the later game, we will actually be getting bigger damage from our gloves when we are able to obtain a Spiked Gloves giving us a possible 20% melee damage, on top of rolling a possible flat Physical damage to attacks. All in all, it will be a greater source of damage.
Last edited by Morphyne123 on Mar 31, 2017, 9:32:28 AM
Been playing this build for a while and I really like it, really survivable and the damage is great too :)
"
n3urosx wrote:
Been playing this build for a while and I really like it, really survivable and the damage is great too :)

Glad you are enjoying it! It's by far one of my favorite builds and I'm glad I've been lucky this league so I could display a guide this season :D
Great looking build mate, would you be able to post a 30 or so point leveling tree?
"
Great looking build mate, would you be able to post a 30 or so point leveling tree?

Of course! I can definitely do that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info