[3.3] SSJ - EXTREME TANKER!! 22k ES, 3-10k Regeneration per sec, Max Block! HIGHEST DEFENSE BUILD!

RIP build

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1899919

"
Rory wrote:
This factor, as well as other factors like the increase to Energy Shield from Intelligence and the power of the Discipline Aura, meant that with very well rolled items, a player could achieve colossal values of Energy Shield. We've seen characters reaching over 25,000 Energy Shield while still having the damage output to sufficiently complete all of the content in the game, compared with the 9,000 Life that a very heavily invested Life character with perfect items could reach.

3.3 changes
Newest. went up to 22k ES, 75% attack, spell block. 3.1-10k regen, 7.5k recovery without other utilities. Without charges, flasks, shrines. Stats in HO
We got more blocking when we use movement skill and spell blocking when we use Scorching ray.

https://pastebin.com/gCztdAXM

3.1 changes
Abyss jewels and belt. went up from 18k to 20k (Atm without watchers eye)
https://pastebin.com/pmKSBh4G

3.0 changes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before 3.0 I had 24-26k ES but since the nerf only 18k
But we got something more - much more damage and Pantheon system, which gives us 14% of phys damage reduction, 2% more regeneration, 20% chance to take 50% less aoe dmg, no extra damage from crits,

I would say its not so much nerf for us :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POB
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/jVWAqJed

ABOUT THE BUILD
This build is about the strongest and the most tanky build I have ever made so far. Was made during Breach league when I decided for the first time to make a char go beyond lvl 90. It was a pain in the ass that after lags, reflects or just strong hits my character would say bye bye to last 10map of XP. So I changed to this to be on safer side. In the end, endgame is about surviving, not about how big your dmg is. At least for me. Scorching ray is good for our build since we can standstill, taking hits while casting.

This build is easy to play with, just cast auras and you are free to go. Movement skill + right click, thats all you need. I dont like much casting orb of storms to activate Elemental overload, using flasks to get more def or more dmg or using any method, which requires many actions.

This is not a beginner friendly build
This is not a cheap build
This is not a league starter build
THIS IS THE REST!

Oh, and this build is good for PVP too :)

WHAT MAKES THIS BUILD DIFFERENT?
Unlike other guides claiming to have zilion dmg but can be easily oneshotted and have to play with style "kill fast before it kills me" or guides claiming can AFK vs this and that, their clear speed, boss kill speed is rather low or very low, not to mentioning not true about being really AFK.

This build and its stats are stable, I DONT POST STATS WITH FLASKS, CHARGES AND OTHER AILMENT STATUS JUST TO GET MORE NUMBER FROM POB!!!

(But i did post it below anyway just for your info)

This build managed to be so tanky, that it just can not and or VERY UNLIKELY to die even if you go AFK for hours and when you come back, you can continue where you started. Clearspeed is not quite on meta builds, but i would say average. Killing bosses due to Scorching ray getting bigger each time you cast makes it good against bosses too.

With other builds, you will die avg once per 50 maps. With this, you will die once per 50 000 maps. And if you play smart enough, you wont die at all.

SUMMARY
Spoiler
Izaro, Atziri, Guardians, all map bosses – Standstill facetank deathless super easy can go AFK. Deathless all the time, everytime! Flasks not needed.

Traps are jokes to you, you just go through them without worrying. You heal so fast, that you cant even see your hp go below 90%. Izaro, Atziri, Guardians and all other map bosses go down VERY EASILY WITHOUT TROUBLES AND SINGLE DEATH ALL THE TIME!

Uber Atziri is pretty easy. Can survive double flameblast with flasks, 95% of the time standstill and shoot without avoiding. But shocked and double flameblast with just ruby flasks wont do it, need to avoid this combo. Video below.

Shaper deathless, can easily standstill taking all orbs/vortexs/beams/slams. With purity of ice the fight could be much easier. Video below

Cons
Cant do blood magic and no regen maps

Plus
EVERYTHING ELSE!! Not just “good”, but GODLIKE good! I would say truly superior, unstoppable, immortal, tanker than a tank, safer than a safe … not just like those guides with a video running around Malachai and after surviving 1 hit and claiming to be a “FaceTank”.

BUILD MECHANICS
Spoiler
The build utilizes the most strongest passive node – Chaos inoculation. Being immune to chaos is just super, because chaos is the hardest damage, that we can defend from.

The second is Energy shield, eventhough GGG buffed Life, ES is still superior to life builds. With life you can get 6-7k max, with ES you can get at least double that. Stacking ES is just easier.

The third is Blocking. Strong hits hurts. Why those strong builds you have seen in videos and guides die? Because any 2 lucky fast hits in the endgame maps will kill them. It’s nice that you can kill this and that monster in 20seconds with instant leech…but if something huge hits you, just leech wont help. Blocking ¾ of the time 10k damage is fine. I would say blocking is a must for any endgame build.

We use Scorching ray to kill enemies while standing still. We will need enough mana regeneration to be able to cast them infinitely. I have around 56 mana reg per second with lvl 1 clarity which allows me to do that. Not to mention I can regenerate 2% of mana when I get a hit. Oh yes, we use whirling blades with faster attacks and fortify on hit.

Not much to say, we stay in one place and shoots without running.

DEFENSE MECHANICS
Spoiler
Our main defensive mechanics are

maximum resistances with little overcap

75 attack and spell block

Cast when damage taken setup: Molten shell, phase run, enfeeble, temporal chain, immortal call, fortify and other

HUGE energy shield pool, 25k. Can upgrade items and get to 27k. Or sacrificing 11 block and get +1.2k ES.

BIG ES regeneration and very good Guardian ascendancy passive nodes, 4k+ energy shield regeneration per second and 6,8k recharge thus making us immune to bleeding. This 4k es regeneration is not with enchantments or guardian regeneration skills. Guardian once in 5 sec regeneration will restore 11k ES!!

Very fast Flasks recharge due to taking critical hits.

Most of the time immune to stuns.

OFFENSE MECHANICS
Spoiler
With most nodes and items in ES, we take our damage from important damage nodes only. Even with 15k dot damage, it is still enough and quite fast to kill bosses. With Golem and Elemental Overload 23k Scorching ray dmg. Not to mention -45 resistance curse aura, -50 resistance from elemental equilibrium.

We use blasphemy with Elemental weakness or Flammability. We activate Elemental Equilibrium with Tempest shield and orb of storms = around -100 fire res for enemies, and another -24 from Scorching Ray itself.
Enemies have -120% fire resistances.

40% more damage from Elemental Overload vs bosses. We can achieve that with manualy placing orb of storms linked to increased critical strike chance and tempest shield.

We have culling strike always on. (Not in latest version)

STATS
Spoiler

With Elemental weakness, discipline, Clarity, Vitality. IN HO with ascendancies. version 3.3

GEAR
Spoiler

5x

2x

CHOOSING RIGHT GEAR
Spoiler
Primary we need these on our items: ES > INT > RES.

Weapon – Rare Sai dagger (+6% block) with spell damage, increased attack speed, crafted Damage over time.

Helmet – 500+ ES, 44+ INT and some res. Get either Scorching ray damage/beam length enchantment or Reservation enchantment. Reservation like discipline or vitality would be the best.

Shield – 600+ ES, 44+ INT and some res and or free suffix for reduced damage over time craft

Boots – 300+ ES, 44+ INT and some res. Best would be INT + 1 RES + 30 Movement speed and lower ES. 2% regeneration enchantment.

Belt – 120+ ES, 44+ INT, some res

Gloves – 300+ ES, 44+ INT, some res. Try to get Enchantment Commandment of Light for 4% life regeneration when you take BIG hit or Of Spite, which casts many arrows, which chill your enemies around you for 2 seconds. Or the clone would be OK too.

Armour – 900+ ES, 44+INT, some res.

Rings – your choice here, if you need resis, resis implicit rings with 44+ ES, 44+ INT, and free prefix for %ES crafting. If you don’t need resis, take flat ES or elemental damage implicit rings. I prefer Opal rings with fire damage on it for more dmg since we have already enough defense. check my gear.

Amulet - Get Marble type with 1,6% regen implicit. This implicit is better than 1 additional curse and cheaper. Curse = 3 points, can you get 1,6% regen with 3 points?? ES, %ES, INT

Jewels – 5x Reckless defence, 1-2 Energy from within. Instead of the second Energy from within, you can use Rare jewel with these mods: increased dot dmg, fire dmg, spell while holding a shield, %energy shield. Red nightmare jewel if you dont have good dagger.

Flasks – Recharges 3 charges when you take crit dmg flasks – 2 Light, 2 fire – 1 cold. You will need anticurse, Bleeding, Shock, Ignite, and freeze. For more offensive get WISE OAK and WITCHBREW. You could also swap 1 light, 1 fire for +3000 armour, +3000 evasion, 20% physical reduction or smoke flask. I find it more useful having additional light/fire.

If there is different in ES, like 50 ES, take the one with lower ES but more INT. Remember, 5 INT = 1% ES.

ALTERNATIVES - CHEAP GEAR
Spoiler

These items are very solid, consider trying them out

Helm - Heretics veil
Belt - Bated Breath
Armour - Beast Fur Shawl or Incandescent Heart
Shield - Rathpith Globe
Gloves - Shapers touch
Boots - Steppan Eard or Rainbowstride
Amulet - Blightwell
Weapon - Advancing fortres

GEMS
Spoiler
Scorching rayEfficacy - Controlled destructionElemental FocusSwift afflictionBurning damage

BlasphemyElemental weaknessEnlighten

if you have Helmet with Discipline or Vitality reduction enchantment:
DisciplineVitalityArctic armourClarity

If not
DisciplineVitalityEnlightenEmpower

High lvl Cast when damage takenMolten shellFlame golem (Immortal call, vortex, frost bomb)Enfeeble

CWDTTempest shield (Temporal chains)Increase critical strike - Orb of storms

Whirling bladesFaster attacksClarity

You can also use these
CWDT + Golem and/or Vortex, Vitality, Purity or drop Purity and vitality for 2 offensive curse auras. You can also use Purity + Vitality and drop Blasphemy. Instead of blasphemy curses use them as CWDT. See versions below

Edit: atm i run these auras
for PvM Vitality, Discipline, Elemental weakness, Clarity

can run AA but need aura reserve reduction enchantment to be able to run it. So instead I use Empower to pump discipline and vitality.

TREE

BANDITS & ASCENDANCY & PANTHEON
Spoiler
Bandits – Kill all!

Pahntheon - Soulf of Solaris - Lady Stormflay, Soul of Tukohana

Templar -> Guardian
Radiant Faith, Unwavering Faith, Time of Need, Bastion of Hope

Templar -> Inquisitor
Righteous Providence, Inevitable Judgement, Sanctify, Pious path

Witch -> Occultist
Profane Bloom, Malediction, Wicked Ward, Vile bastion

Shadow -> Trickster
Shade form, Patient reaper, Weave the arcane

Duelist -> Gladiator
Versatile Combatant, Violent retaliation

Ranger -> Pathfinder
Master Surgeon, Master Herbalist

Scion
Occultist – Can allocate from witch starting point, Guardian

I would say, Guardian, Inquisitor, Trickster and Scion are very good for this.

Guardian has highest defense system and ES.

Inquisitor has high regeneration and damage.

Trickster has no mana troubles, good attack and cast speed, good flat ES more than guardian and damage.

Scion has good parts from guardian and witch. Some blocks, removing status ailments, regeneration, damage.

HOW TO LEVEL
Spoiler

You can level as hybrid LIFE/ES until you get decent ES gear. Before going CI, do some math. You dont have leech and the only thing keeping you alive is regen. If you have by then 2k ES regen, you can convert and facetank. I guess around 15k ES and 2k regen is doable.

I recommend playing it as Totem Scorching ray until you have decent items. Respec will be easier.

Until you get those stats, dont aim for Regen nodes, aim for big notable damage and ES passives. Play as hybrid. Dont facetank, avoid attacks use dual offensive curse auras for fast clearing.

BUILD VERSIONS
Spoiler

November 2016 - The first version had huge ES, 25k ES but lower damage, around 7k. Used Vitality, purity of lightning, AA, Clarity, Discipline. Regeneration was 4.4k per sec.
The second version had slightly less ES, 24,8k but had 8k dmg and 4.2k regeneration. Auras remain same.

Removed Purity and vitality auras. Now, I have 24.8k ES, 10k dmg, 3.3k regeneration with dual offensive blasphemy auras.

Thinking about using CWDT flame golem and completely removing CWDT enfeeble+Temporal chains.
Maybe will use Purity and vitality as default auras and offensive curses will be on CWDT. Much more survivability.

February 2017 - Removed Red nightmare jewel for blocking because we have enough from Advancing fortress and taking blocking nodes also increase our ES from shield.

March 2017 - Tried with Mana nodes beyond MOM, had about 2k mana, 100 less ES but more mana nonstop regen. Maybe it is better if i have more

April 2017 - Tried Low life with RF. Swapped in shavronne + chayulas presence with 4L highest gems RF andpurity of fire. 82% fire res. Clearspeed was indeed very good, dmg went to 20k, but regeneration due to RF wasnt high enough to survive endgame content. Eventhough i didnt die when i went against normal Atziri, but Trio gave me problems, i had to use flasks and run to regen.

April 2017 - Tried to use Empower + Vitality + Discipline.
empowered vitality and discipline, clarity, blasphemy flammability.
Had 25.3k ES, 4.3k regen. Could use arctic armour if i had helmet with Discipline, arctic armour, vitality reservation enchantment.

For comparision, with standard build (arctic armour, clarity, vitality, discipline, flammability) i had 24.9k es and 4.1k regen.

April 2017 - Replaced Vaal regalia with Brassdome and had with empowered vitality + discipline, flammability, clarity 18.9k ES, 3.1k regen, 10k armour = 48% reduction.

May 2017 - Testing with elemental overload and elemental equilibrium. Adding gems CWDT Tempest shield increase critical strike orb of storms. Tempest shield and orb of storm will trigger EE, which makes enemies get -50% to fire res. Manual casting orb of storms vs bosses for 40% more damage.

August 2017 - Reworked the build, focused more on dmg. Dropped too much overcap Resistances from the rings and took Opal dmg rings instead. Swapped in Red nightmare for 9% block and Sai dagger for block and more damage.

August 2017 3.0 - Swapped out Iron will for Burning damage support, which gives now more damage but more mana casting. Since Discipline has been nerfed, we no longer need buff auras from trees, normal %ES gives more es.

Conclusion

Defensive – Defensive auras and defensive curses.
Purity, vitality, aa, discipline, clarity, cwdt enfeeble + temporal chains

Optimal – Defensive auras and offensive curses
Golem + curse on hit and 2 curses or Blasphemy + Flammability and cwdt + enfeeble.

Optimal 2 – Discipline, clarity, Vitality, Elemental weakness and CWDT enfeeble.

Offensive – AA, Discipline, Clarity, Blasphemy Elemental weakness + Flammability

Differences between first two and offensive is 1k life regeneration and purity resistance. Everything remain same. VS hard bosses I recommend optimal version. If you focus on clearing maps, use offensive for fast clearing. If you want some fun in pvp sarn arena, use defensive.

LOW LIFE VARIANT
Spoiler

LOW LIFE with RF

I swapped in Shavronnes wrapping armour, Chayulas presence amulet and took Auras nodes in the mid.

Result: I got 20k dot dmg, high resistances, faster clearspeed. White mobs die just by going through them. But got less ES and lesser ES regen due to lower ES and RF taking its toll. I guess, i had 500-1000 ES regen with RF on. Eventhough i survived some big hits, but my regen wasnt high enough to regen with next big hits, had to run around to survive. Check video below.

Clearspeed 9/10. Survivability 6/10

LOW LIFE

Same items as above, but without RF. Had 13k dmg with 1 offensive curse. Clearspeed is faster then non LL build, but lesser ES and regen, but can use 2 purities.

Clearspeed 6/10. Survivability 9/10

Auras: Arctic armour, purity of fire, purity of lightning, vitality, discipline, Flammability

Conclusion
Just Low life is good, but lost 7k ES for 2 purities and 3k dmg. Up to you if you want to use it. I dont recommend RF LL version though.

Comparision:
CI: 25k ES, 4,1k reg 10kdmg
auras: Discipline, Vitality, 1 Blasphemy aura, clarity, arctic armour

LL: 18.5k ES, 2.9k reg 13k dmg
auras: Discipline, Purity, vitality, clarity, 2 Blasphemy auras, Arctic armour. (no slots for auras so you must leave arctic armour out. You can also use 1 blasphemy aura and add 1 more purity)

One is more off, one is more def. Up to you!

Test video with LL RF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjpPLZiQ3lA

PRICE FOR THE BUILD
Spoiler

I bought items above with these price:

Amulet - 5ex

Rings - 3-5ex each (One of them got lucky when i added EX orb, could worth around 50-100ex now)

Boots - 35ex

Gloves - 35ex

Helmet - 50ex

Armour - 70ex

Shield - 50ex

Belt - 5ex

Weapon - 5ex

Gems - 2ex each, around 30 total

Jewels - 25ex

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Spoiler

Mana reserved as ES - tested it with mana nodes behind MOM. Got 200-500 less ES. But that mana reg is awesome.

You have less ES, regen and damage? I have max level gems with quantity. Good ES gear with INT provides huge ES and thus regen too.

What can kill you? Even with flasks, there are still things that can one hit kill you.
Map mods add 2x extra damage + crit hit, crit dmg. Especially Vaal slam. Got owned (without flasks) in +95% extra light dmg, +82%extra fire dmg, +vulnerability curse. Took down my 21k ES back then.

What about Low Life and RF?
Check Build versions section. In the end, you get good clearspeed and double dmg, but lose too much survivability, because your regeneration will be much lower. And with scorching ray, your only way of getting life is regeneration. Its nice way of showing off, but not worth it.

Very high regen with fragile boom jewel
Was able to get 7300 ES regen per second, but without block, seems little less effective.

HOW TO MAKE THIS BUILD AN AFK BUILD
Spoiler

This build alone could ben an AFK build. But if you want to impress the world with tankiness, dont take damage nodes, get only ES and regen nodes. Use high cwdt and all other damage skill gems in your 6L.

Most people try their tankiness vs specific bosses like uber atziri. You can take Arctic armour and fire resistance aura, light res aura, that +8fire max fire res shield.

Vs shaper, just take cold res aura, you can even use CWDT + flame dash, so you will be ported away from danger :))

You could also swap ES shield for AEGIS, but then you need to take more %armour, get +armour from items, Incan heart armour, anvil and other...

But as i said, changing auras, passive points or items just to go vs specific bosses is pretty lame :)

VIDEOS
Spoiler

3.0 Videos
Uber Atziri
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X52HbS8nccM

average Gorge run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqiYi4geIOY

PRE 3.0
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Last days before 3.0

Shaper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRQoluJKh3s

Uber Atziri
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP6u-bVGAKo

Hydra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLZaTUK0LQE

Chimera
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyJ8fM51daM

Phoenix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMMVDi9RkFE

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Shaper facetank beam/bolt/vortex/slam while standstill, no running around
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_vGYgZRlss

Tanking (afk) everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxX-eeLZPqU

Hall of grandmasters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpjZjSmTC8M&t=31s

VS Atziri with 2 offensive curse auras
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2dsM9fdAWQ

VS Uber Izaro with 1 offensive curse aura
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HbS69hxXBk

VS Uber Atziri, facetanking without moving dualflameblast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs6zOxyCVlc

Gorge map with offensive auras
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTPVYiHUbkg

24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Last edited by unlucky_child on Sep 3, 2021, 10:51:47 AM
Last bumped on Feb 12, 2019, 9:21:54 PM
reserved - devreser

Thanks for the build, going to try it out :D
Why not pick Unwavering Stance?
"
Nornag3st wrote:

Because Guardian has
You and nearby Allies cannot be Stunned if you've Blocked Recently

and we can keep our evades :))

"
unlucky_child wrote:
"
Nornag3st wrote:

Because Guardian has
You and nearby Allies cannot be Stunned if you've Blocked Recently

and we can keep our evades :))

ah ty never playerd no pants character.
Hey nice build ive seen you in sarn arena, pretty tanky , hope you can make a video with shaper or uber atziri soon , gl
"
Hey nice build ive seen you in sarn arena, pretty tanky , hope you can make a video with shaper or uber atziri soon , gl

thanks.

Just added video vs uber izaro with 1 off curse aura. COuld go faster with 2 curses

Last edited by unlucky_child on Mar 31, 2017, 4:03:24 AM
Where do you get 75% block ?

Shield= 25%
Claw= 15%
Reckless def x5= 20%
Tree =13%

Total = 73%. I cant find the 2% missing.

Did you try beast fur shawl ? According to GGG the wording "recovery" is both recharge and regen, and it act like a more multiplier. So You lose some ES, but you gain 40% more regen (and recharge but you dont care). (it is not show on tooltip btw ... Scary)

Could you please make your character list public in your profile ? So we can import it in path of building.

A last question, how does the build work with little less expensive gear ? Not budget, but what if you cut 100es on regalia, 100es on shield, 100es on helm, and 100es on boot+gloves. Does it become a fail build or should it work fine ? I want to know if I can start the char with average gear and upgrade later, or if I absolutly need everything to make it work.
"
karanima wrote:
Where do you get 75% block ?

Shield= 25%
Claw= 15%
Reckless def x5= 20%
Tree =13%

Total = 73%. I cant find the 2% missing.

Did you try beast fur shawl ? According to GGG the wording "recovery" is both recharge and regen, and it act like a more multiplier. So You lose some ES, but you gain 40% more regen (and recharge but you dont care). (it is not show on tooltip btw ... Scary)

Could you please make your character list public in your profile ? So we can import it in path of building.

A last question, how does the build work with little less expensive gear ? Not budget, but what if you cut 100es on regalia, 100es on shield, 100es on helm, and 100es on boot+gloves. Does it become a fail build or should it work fine ? I want to know if I can start the char with average gear and upgrade later, or if I absolutly need everything to make it work.

Oh i forgot to add Tempest shield in cwdt :D

About beast fur shawl, Ive heard about it but have not tried. If it is true, then i would lose 300 ES = 22,5k ES in the end and 3,85k ES regen + beast fur 40% = 5.5k es regen. Sounds good, ill test it later.

And for my own safety, i cant make my profile public, some of my friends got abused that way.

If you have lesser ES on items, lets say 100 on each like you said, i took down my shield which is 630ES + 54INT and i ended up with 19,8k ES and 3,3k reg. I think thats still good because nothing did 1/2 dmg to me yet, maybe 1 in 1000 big hits. SO assuming that, normal big hit would take down 4-6k ES.

You can start from the scratch with litle ES, but you wont get so high ES regen, you have to run around like normal build then :)

Last edited by unlucky_child on Mar 31, 2017, 2:05:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info