[2.6] MorgNThorg's Legacy Berserker for all content - Uber Atziri/Shaper/Guardians

gameplay videos

shaper
uber atziri
phoenix (-max rez, enfeeble, no regen)
chimera (crit chance & damage, boss speed & damage, temp chains)
hydra (crit chance & damage, extra fire damage)
minotaur (enfeeble, more life, shocking ground)

simple T13 map clear
I will add more, when I'll have the time.

main features

+ tanky (6.75K life, legacy coil, 5 end charges, 14.5k armor (26k w/ flasks), fortify, leech)
+ high single target dps
+ decent clear speed (though not vaal spark level)
+ can do all content

bandit choices
oak, passive, oak

gear & gems - LSC

Swap it in place of Inc Aoe for T16+ bosses, shaper, etc. Not needed for normal mapping up to T15.
Swap it in place of Lion's Roar for general mapping. Makes map clears faster.

standard level gear

notes on some build choices

+ Rigwald is the best stat stick for this build. We are wielding it in main hand to get the better bonus for our main skill from the Ambidexterity passive, and to proc bleed (for bloodlust) with warchief as it uses only the main hand. This means that the 6th link on the main skill is only used when the totem is up, but it's only needed on map bosses, tough essence mobs, etc.

+ Using vigilant strike linked with fortify is a convenient way to apply fortify for 13 seconds with 100% chance to hit. It's also lightning fast so it takes away minimal time from our main skill. Whirling is good for applying fortify while mapping, so we only use this on bossfights. For normal bosses it's more than enough to hit a mob with vigilant strike before entering the boss room, because bosses fall in seconds anyway.

+ There is no need for life flasks, because of leech, war bringer ascendancy notable and high life regen. (Enduring cry also grants huge regen for 2.2 seconds - and it's cooldown is only 2 sec.)
Last edited by MorgNThorg on Apr 3, 2017, 2:40:10 PM
Last bumped on Apr 10, 2017, 7:06:26 AM
Nice looking melee tank again, Morg. Interesting how you opted not to take aspect of carnage, as most are wont to do, and using war bringer instead for insta-heal to obviate the need of a life flask (and replace with an offensive one) is quite brilliant. Would damage be still end-level if we don't have a 400pdps crit sword though without carnage?

Like the use of rigwald's as a stat stick too. So the 26% increased attack damage from ambidexterity comes from rigwald's?
"
Quixote77 wrote:
Nice looking melee tank again, Morg. Interesting how you opted not to take aspect of carnage, as most are wont to do, and using war bringer instead for insta-heal to obviate the need of a life flask (and replace with an offensive one) is quite brilliant. Would damage be still end-level if we don't have a 400pdps crit sword though without carnage?

Like the use of rigwald's as a stat stick too. So the 26% increased attack damage from ambidexterity comes from rigwald's?

Thanks! Yeah actually war bringer is my favourite node on berserker (especially whith MoM builds). Aspect of carnage is pretty popular, but I think it's only really beneficial with double dipping builds (which I purposefully avoided in this one) due to it's universal damage modifier. In other cases it's hefty downside can make it questionable imho.

Rigwald as a stat stick gives us 40% inc damage, 35% inc attack speed and the ability to proc bleeds with warchief so we can utilize bloodlust as a support on blade flurry. In this case the 26% inc dmg for the main hand from ambidexterity applies to the warchief totem (which uses the main hand) so it's not that important as we mainly use that skill for bleed procs and the 18% more dmg. However the 20% inc attack speed from ambidexterity applies to our main skill (which uses the offhand) and that makes it one of the strongest notabe for us on the tree.

The build should be really viable with a 330 pdps sword - that would mean roughly 20% less damage to my current one. In fights where dps matters the most (like shaper) you can probably do better with aspect, but for general mapping and for bosses where you'd prefer to be more tanky (like chimera and minotaur) I think it would be still better with war bringer. If I had to restart with a weaker weapon I think I would still go the same route I did before and rather take war bringer. Dps should be fine for general mapping and one can save up for a better weapon.

However you can even consider to take aspect instead of cloaked in savagery. I know it sounds crazy as cloaked is the most OP node on berserker ATM, but actually the leech from pain reaver + atziri flask + blood rage is still plenty with this dps level. However the dps cloaked gives you (50% dmg, 25% as) is also very good, it's just situational.
Added a map clear video as well.
Sup! On which budget gloves can I replace Atziri and sin's flask? Ty a lot.
¯\_(◉◡◔)_/¯
"
Hikakundesu wrote:
Sup! On which budget gloves can I replace Atziri and sin's flask? Ty a lot.

If you can't afford acuities use a pair of rare gloves, but keep in mind, that those gloves make our leech instant. You can probably do maps to a certain tier without it, but I would really recommend to save up for a pair before trying to tackle the highest endgame bosses. It also helps with int requirements for the blue gems. You can try to modify the passive tree and take vaal pact instead, but that'll cost a whole lot of points (and the life regen ofc).

Sin's rebirth on the other hand is really not necessary, just a strong dps flask. Without acuities I'd probably use a life flask instead, otherwise swap it with any utility flask you find useful (silver/sulphur/stibnite/jade can all be great).
Added a shaper and a phoenix guardian kill video.
Hello OP, can this build do chayula and can I substitute the lightning coil armour with the brass dome armour?

I make a quite similar build using atziri's gloves and the abyssus but, I am using the brass dome instead of lightning coil.

I use varunastra as main hand weapon and lycosidae shield and the damage sucks and die even to tul.

So, I was thinking of switching to your build.

Need advice please
Last edited by YoursTruly86 on Apr 6, 2017, 11:20:39 AM
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
Hello OP, can this build do chayula and can I substitute the lightning coil armour with the brass dome armour?

I make a quite similar build using atziri's gloves and the abyssus but, I am using the brass dome instead of lightning coil.

I use varunastra as main hand weapon and lycosidae shield and the damage sucks and die even to tul.

Need advice please

Yeah I killed Chayula with this char, perfectly viable for that. Brass dome should be a viable alternative, but relic coil is probably superior. The conversion in itself makes it great, but it also makes armor more effective as well (as the remaining phys hit will be lower) and has life as well. Gearing around brass dome should be easier and the crit defense is a nice bonus on that piece.

Switching from your shield to DW with rigwald should increase your DPS significantly. It's not that hard to get decent accuracy with this build (I have around 2700 with my sword, having accuracy only on my rings). Inherent dual wield bonuses and the stats from rigwald would add a lot DPS (not to mention efficient passives such as twin terror).

With varunastra I'd change the passive tree a bit ofc (like taking the whole deadly dilettante cluster) but it should work with that. However a bit faster sword with higher base crit will probably do better in the long run (there good ones already in the 1-3 ex price range), making you crit more consistently, which is really important with acuity (diamon flask ftw).
"
MorgNThorg wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

Need advice please

Yeah I killed Chayula with this char, perfectly viable for that. Brass dome should be a viable alternative, but relic coil is probably superior. The conversion in itself makes it great, but it also makes armor more effective as well (as the remaining phys hit will be lower) and has life as well. Gearing around brass dome should be easier and the crit defense is a nice bonus on that piece.

Switching from your shield to DW with rigwald should increase your DPS significantly. It's not that hard to get decent accuracy with this build (I have around 2700 with my sword, having accuracy only on my rings). Inherent dual wield bonuses and the stats from rigwald would add a lot DPS (not to mention efficient passives such as twin terror).

With varunastra I'd change the passive tree a bit ofc (like taking the whole deadly dilettante cluster) but it should work with that. However a bit faster sword with higher base crit will probably do better in the long run (there good ones already in the 1-3 ex price range), making you crit more consistently, which is really important with acuity (diamon flask ftw).

Alright thanks for the help ; ) . I tried to make my own build and thought that Varunastra and lycosidae combo would be good but apparently it sucked even with hatred + herald of ash and assassin's mark

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info