Computer completely freezes after 30-60 minutes playing

Hey guys,
i started to have wierd issues like a week ago.
Everytime i start playing path of exile after a while my whole computer freezes (screen & sound)

My computer what should keep up with PoE without any problems,specs :

16 gb ram
gtx 1070
i7 6700

I tried running on lowest settings & dx9 but it still crashes.

First i through it was my windows what caused such issue but after a reinstall it keeps happening.

anyone can help me out ?
Last bumped on Apr 5, 2017, 12:00:57 PM
Same here! I bought a new PC (i3 7100, RX460, ddr4 8gb) and its really annoying, start for seeing like squares on the ground or things like that, and after a few minutes just crashes!

Hope you can help me too
(good luck @SexyCatGirls)
Hi ,
"
start for seeing like squares on the ground or things like that, and after a few minutes just crashes!
= All indicates that your Gcard gets to hot. 1st step is to enable Vsync ,no point to have more fps than your monitors refreshrate.(and it burns your card)
L
**Better to burnout , than to fade away**
Closed Beta Member since September 2011
"
All indicates that your Gcard gets to hot. 1st step is to enable Vsync ,no point to have more fps than your monitors refreshrate.(and it burns your card)

I dont know man... I mean, is a new pc and just happen with PoE (i play things like dota, L4D, Portal, Sniper Elite) So i dont know what is the problem :/
Lazze mentioned about an over heating graphic card so i also checked my hardware while running PoE

cpu & gpu were running fine at around 50-60°c constantly.
Same here, normal temperature in my PC.
im trying changing the D9Ex for D9, i hope it work :)
"
andes00 wrote:
Same here, normal temperature in my PC.
im trying changing the D9Ex for D9, i hope it work :)

i tried all Dx versions and had the same problem.

with Vsync & without
Hey!

As you can see, i can play around 1 hour until this starts to happen, then a couple minutes late, just crashes.

http://imgur.com/a/Kv5DX
"
SexyCatGirls wrote:
Hey guys,
Everytime i start playing path of exile after a while my whole computer freezes (screen & sound)

16 gb ram
gtx 1070
i7 6700

First i through it was my windows what caused such issue but after a reinstall it keeps happening.

anyone can help me out ?

It's your i7 6700 skylake processor.

I've had now two skylake CPUs, both 6700k, that have this Hard Lock issue. It's a pain to get warranty replacement but you should do it.

When your OS doesn't crash with a blue screen, but completely freezes without restarting, it's your CPU that locks up.

Only reliable way to test it, is by running AIDA64 stress test for at least 3 hours. I couldn't get mine to crash with Prime95 and 3DMark running at the same time. And only one other game caused hard locking.

Spoiler
Workarounds include completely disabling C-state in your uefi bios settings and/or setting your vcore voltage manually. Only change these if your default settings are not 100% stable. Lots of info on Intel forums about the hard locking.

Other issues in this thread are NOT related.

Last edited by cour_souvra on Mar 30, 2017, 2:02:21 PM
"
cour_souvra wrote:
"
SexyCatGirls wrote:
Hey guys,

16 gb ram
gtx 1070
i7 6700

anyone can help me out ?

It's your i7 6700 skylake processor.

I've had now two skylake CPUs, both 6700k, that have this Hard Lock issue. It's a pain to get warranty replacement but you should do it.

When your OS doesn't crash with a blue screen, but completely freezes without restarting, it's your CPU that locks up.

Only reliable way to test it, is by running AIDA64 stress test for at least 3 hours. I couldn't get mine to crash with Prime95 and 3DMark running at the same time. And only one other game caused hard locking.

Spoiler
Workarounds include completely disabling C-state in your uefi bios settings and/or setting your vcore voltage manually. Only change these if your default settings are not 100% stable. Lots of info on Intel forums about the hard locking.

Other issues in this thread are NOT related.

starting now a benchmark.Gonna reply back when i got results

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info