[2.6] LHC Rank #17 - Righteous Fire - Juggernaut

"
Illuminaut wrote:
"

-11.9% Life Renerated per Second << How to Calculate???

With two Kaom's Way rings and the 0.2% regen per endurance charge from the tree, you get 1% regen per endurance charge, so that's 10%. You also get 1.5% regen from having fortify up from the Unyielding ascendancy, so 11.5% total. Not sure where the last 0.4% comes from, could be from the armour/life regen minor node on the way to Unyielding.

Yes for the other 0.4% I'm counting the minor node before Unyielding, that is correct.

"
darkskoot wrote:
Is this able to farm T15 or T16 maps?

Definitely yes for T15, T16 i'm not sure yet, but will be trying soon. Already upgraded a bunch of gear last night.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Mar 29, 2017, 12:01:45 PM
"
Thukker wrote:
I can't justify juggernaut or chieftain over berserker.

The LPS value from warbringer alone is just flat better than multiple points and gearing requirements for either jugg or ]chieftain, and enables you to safely run -60% regen/-12% maxres maps with little necessary extra flasking. Not to mention neither other ascendancies are capable of doing remotely close to the DPS that berserker pulls, which is survivability in its own right.

The hard 5% DR on fortify buff is really the only redeeming quality I can see in jugg over berserker, the extra DR from endurance charges and armor isn't gonna save you from a dome piece 1 shot because armor is useless but hey GGG doesn't seem to mind that everyone plays ES for exactly that reason.

Well the endurance charges WILL save you if you're talking about physical damage, since thats 40% physical mitigation no matter what (doesn't suffer reduced mitigation from big hits like armor does).

The 10% more damage taken from aspect of carnage is a serious danger. A telling stat is that the highest level berserker that is still alive in LHC is level 96 in 268th place... The life recovery from warbringer is nice, but I would hardly think it's something that can be relied on 100% to keep you alive. Especially in your example of -60% regen/-12% max res. If it works for you, then I'm glad, but I don't think it would be possible to run t13+ maps with those mods, or for example chain literally 200+ poorjoys (like I did from level 99 to 100) without dying at all.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Mar 29, 2017, 11:23:17 AM
The damage from aspect is 10% increased, but I'm not sure how that's functionally different from more for monsters/incoming damage tbh.

In the interest of discussion I rolled a rippy map and was happy with a T14 -10% max res/+101% lightning damage/+20% to cause status ailment/+50% acc. Breach/Beyond/Bloodlines. Xoph was touchy beacuse coves has weird collision with the boats and shield charge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-j7RduQdMA

Granted, I'm playing SC so I can understand how the mentality is different.
Last edited by Thukker on Mar 29, 2017, 12:17:41 PM
Not nearly so rippy as the last one, but rolled a T14 -60% nonetheless. Didn't even have to touch my flasks in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvuw5XzYL34

I'll keep an eye out for rippy combos to record, I've done hexproof -60% regen hydra. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Thukker on Mar 29, 2017, 12:42:25 PM
"
Thukker wrote:
The damage from aspect is 10% increased, but I'm not sure how that's functionally different from more for monsters/incoming damage tbh.

In the interest of discussion I rolled a rippy map and was happy with a T14 -10% max res/+101% lightning damage/+20% to cause status ailment/+50% acc. Breach/Beyond/Bloodlines. Xoph was touchy beacuse coves has weird collision with the boats and shield charge.

I see the merit in your build, but this was specifically made with hardcore in mind. You can see in the first video really big drops that would be scary af in hardcore. It's a good build, but do you think you could take it to 100 without dying?
"
Nerdicide wrote:
"
Thukker wrote:

I see the merit in your build, but this was specifically made with hardcore in mind. You can see in the first video really big drops that would be scary af in hardcore. It's a good build, but do you think you could take it to 100 without dying?

I mean if I was deliberately careful with the goal of 100 in mind, almost certainly. But would that I were doing that, I'd never touch the map I ran for that video, let alone use breach/beyond together, haha.

Either way, I can certainly see juggernaut for HC, it's just that having played RF on all three ascendancies now, Berserker has certainly felt the safest for me, especially for T16.
"
Thukker wrote:

those drops even after 30 seconds would be death in HC for what is overall not that much of a dps upgrade in total.

and if were talking about going for Pure dps RF setup then even berserker doesnt come close to guardian low life which is right now by far the best version just costs a shit ton to reach stage it outperforms a life version.
"
shadowraiden wrote:
"
Thukker wrote:

those drops even after 30 seconds would be death in HC for what is overall not that much of a dps upgrade in total.

and if were talking about going for Pure dps RF setup then even berserker doesnt come close to guardian low life which is right now by far the best version just costs a shit ton to reach stage it outperforms a life version.

Again, the entire purpose of that video was to roll an extremely hostile modset for RF and then show that it was easily done deathless. And again, I would never have done that map on HC.

Also I'm not sure that I'd call a ~35% more damage "not that much," especially when that equates to 35% less time spent near actually dangerous bosses.

EDIT: I think the difference of opinion here is just margin of safety vs. acceptable risk. I think juggernaut has a higher margin of safety, especially if the content you expose yourself to is kept in check, and that absolutely makes sense for HC. I chose to play almost entirely in SC though, so my mentality tends to be more one of that which will let me have the highest acceptable risk, and I think that is Berserker.

EDIT2: And I don't disagree that LL RF is certainly the best, however this is the marauder board and there's not really a viable way to do LL RF marauder so it didn't seem a point worth making.
Last edited by Thukker on Mar 29, 2017, 1:37:27 PM
"
shadowraiden wrote:

This I also completely agree with. If I was to make another RF build attempting to do more damage, LL RF would be the way to go. I'd say its better in almost every way than life RF builds. It's just drastically, and likely prohibitively more expensive for most players. It also obviously wouldn't work for a league starter/ladder pusher (since by the time you can actually put the build together, people would already be 100 or almost there).
Hi, i'm interested in thest this build in Legacy Softcore.

I have a doubt about kaom's way, i really need to use 2 of them or i can use 1 and a opal ring for example?

Thanks man

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info