[2.6] LHC Rank #17 - Righteous Fire - Juggernaut

Why is noone using Xophs Blood as an amulet for RF builds? Is the ash debuff not increasing RF damamge?
"
Yalaka wrote:
Why is noone using Xophs Blood as an amulet for RF builds? Is the ash debuff not increasing RF damamge?

The main reason is that it gives you Avatar of Fire. Avatar of Fire converts half of all elemental+physical to fire. This prevents us from using Elemental Equilibrium, since it would now be impossible to NOT trigger it for fire.

Xoph's Heart (the unblessed version) does not give Avatar of Fire so it is technically usable. However, with my build specifically, I already miss out on lots of resists and flat life by using 2x kaom's way. The amulet spot is important for me to help make up for that.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Mar 28, 2017, 12:06:31 PM
"
Nerdicide wrote:

- Very good Uber Lab farmer

What would you change to make this a ulab build only?
Culling in shieldcharge?
Other boots for more speed?
"
TPBA wrote:
"
Nerdicide wrote:

- Very good Uber Lab farmer

What would you change to make this a ulab build only?
Culling in shieldcharge?
Other boots for more speed?

That's a good question, and honestly I haven't really thought about it...

I would try bringing a bright beak and switching to it for shield charging. Sadly it could't go in the weapon swap because purity of fire has to be in either the shield or weapon. You would only need to switch to doryani's for the izaro fights though.

As for culling... with conc effect in izaro dies pretty fast, but if you want to, then yeah sure you can bring a culling strike gem and switch it out for faster attacks on shield charge, just when fighting izaros last phase.

I'll think more about this and update you though.
"
Nerdicide wrote:
"
Yalaka wrote:

The main reason is that it gives you Avatar of Fire. Avatar of Fire converts half of all elemental+physical to fire. This prevents us from using Elemental Equilibrium, since it would now be impossible to NOT trigger it for fire.

Xoph's Heart (the unblessed version) does not give Avatar of Fire so it is technically usable. However, with my build specifically, I already miss out on lots of resists and flat life by using 2x kaom's way. The amulet spot is important for me to help make up for that.

Oh okay thanks. I was thinking that even though EE isnt possible with xoph's blood, the %life and %strength increase, as well as the ash effect would make up for the damage lost by not taking EE (since more life = more damage right?). Which would also mean you dont need to get an ele roll on gloves (or use southbound) and have passive points left to do something else.
Is this able to farm T15 or T16 maps?
This seems like exactly what I was looking for, and it wouldn't be too hard to switch my Lead Sprinkler guy over to it since I'm not too into that build. What order did you go for ascendancy? Congratulations on the HC 100 too! Really impressive.

Edit: Unflinching, Unrelenting, Unyielding, Unstoppable for anyone wondering.
Last edited by hewbiebrown on Mar 28, 2017, 9:01:16 PM
With fortify up and 10 endurance charges I get an extra:

-90% Increased damage
-11.9% Life Renerated per Second
-25% Damage reduction from fortify (up from 20%)
-40% Physical damage reduction
-8% Less elemental damage taken (this also reduces self RF damage...)

-11.9% Life Renerated per Second << How to Calculate???
"

-11.9% Life Renerated per Second << How to Calculate???

With two Kaom's Way rings and the 0.2% regen per endurance charge from the tree, you get 1% regen per endurance charge, so that's 10%. You also get 1.5% regen from having fortify up from the Unyielding ascendancy, so 11.5% total. Not sure where the last 0.4% comes from, could be from the armour/life regen minor node on the way to Unyielding.
I can't justify juggernaut or chieftain over berserker.

The LPS value from warbringer alone is just flat better than multiple points and gearing requirements for either jugg or chieftain, and enables you to safely run -60% regen/-12% maxres maps with little necessary extra flasking. Not to mention neither other ascendancies are capable of doing remotely close to the DPS that berserker pulls, which is survivability in its own right.

The hard 5% DR on fortify buff is really the only redeeming quality I can see in jugg over berserker, the extra DR from endurance charges and armor isn't gonna save you from a dome piece 1 shot because armor is useless but hey GGG doesn't seem to mind that everyone plays ES for exactly that reason.
Last edited by Thukker on Mar 29, 2017, 10:17:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info