Despite PT's critisism toward GGG when he left POE, GGG paid him a tribute on 3.0

He helped me out with the skilltree for a build of mine that I was planning for Breach league.
And also some advice regarding the build which I really should've listened to: "do not play"

They've gone back to World of Warcraft, haven't they?
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Mar 28, 2017, 5:27:48 AM
K3kd. Might poop3d a little too.

tbh i liked PT, he was infomative. Tho his guides were cancer 9384192834 parts 2 mins each
Last edited by lambrioza on Mar 28, 2017, 5:38:53 AM
The Post is hilarious. I lol´ed. As for PT I like him and i think it´s okay to be the butt of a joke.
Especially if it´s a good one like this. His influence on the community definetly was positive.
He brought quality content. I especially miss his RIP compilations with the little analysis on why they ripped. I know there are other RIP comps out there now, but his ones were without the unneccessary Memery trying to be funny. RIPs are funny enough by themselves. The analysis is all you need.
I also liked his choice of music during his streams. Overall he was a good dude and i think it´s a loss for the POE community as a whole.
Unlike most of you Tryhards (like I_NO and Sexcalibur) he turned into a real Meme!

Fun pic - his message had a lot of truth to it tho....
Huh. I just listened to his two videos, 'fuck GGG' and the follow up explanatory video. His premise in the first video was awful (lightly paraphrasing)

"
PoE no longer has a soul, and the developers no longer have a vision for it. PoE is indistinguishable from Diablo 3

But he's quite right about most things in his second video. Especially the part about where lots of different things could kill you. The game was out to get you. We've power creeped past things like Rakangos being able to kill you, and entered a state where, if you build your character right, you basically have to get hit by a meteor to die. Most deaths are from stupidity now, which is more fair to the player, but also more casual.

Not identifying boxes, forgetting a deadly mod on your map, not respecting the damage of something or rushing too fast, and mob on death effects - which can be 100% avoided by taking the .5 seconds to register what the text under their name says. I'm not sure which is better, I had fun back in the old days, and am having fun now.
Last edited by innervation on Mar 28, 2017, 6:28:43 AM
"
Sarno wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Who?

ProjectPT.

He used to stream Path of Exile on Twitch, upload guides to YouTube and was part of the podcast The Lioneye's Watch. When the XB1 port was announced he took his ball and went home.

He was a kind of divisive figure. I'd give his YouTube guides a solid 9/10 - he spoke clearly, was thorough and he had a very deep understanding of the game's mechanics. A good example of this is his guide on the difference between increased and more, which I often link people to.

He was a polarising figure because of his tendency to be blunt to the point of sometimes being obnoxious. When Jonathan Rogers was a guest on the podcast, PT commented on how he was talking and later mocked him on Reddit, which wasn't very well received.

Sorry if the question was insincere. Didn't sleep last night so running on fumes atm.

Increased: additive. More: multiplicative. And actually that's only half the information as something's are their own modifier (like curses), so it doesn't matter if they are increased or not as they will have the same effect as a multiplier thanks to being part of the damage taken keyword. It's not really rocket science.

I never cared much for PT (either good or bad) but the clips people posted of his deaths, the dude couldn't actually play worth shit. He may have had an in depth knowledge of PoE but mechanically, yikes, just trash.

And not for nothing, but who cares if GGG is releasing an Xbox 1 port. Y'all are making such a huge deal out of it, likes it's only a freakin game. It may totally flop or go nowhere. There's no way the PC version is going to suffer in the least. It will always be their number one earner.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
And not for nothing, but who cares if GGG is releasing an Xbox 1 port. Y'all are making such a huge deal out of it, likes it's only a freakin game.

I care - but perhaps not for the reason you think.

I reckon the more people playing PoE, the less money GGG needs from each of us. So, basically, the people who play on XB1 are helping to pay for my entertainment. I approve of this. :P
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
PT was one of the more sensible people of this community.

I can see why some people have issue's with him if they never learned how to communicate properly.

Arguments and well thought out lines of thought, yeah that shit is going to turn of about 90% of this nonsensical community, which is mildly amusing in it's own right.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Who?
That's what I was gonna say :D
"
"
Fuck the manners he deserves shit thrown at him probably worst.

And people like you is why people like him get triggered. I don't see the point in talking to you anyway, since you are obviously not capable of keeping a conversation civil nor respect another person's boundaries.

You degrade him and act all condescending (presumably because of personal reasons, but I don't know you and I also really don't care), which in itself is not only despicable, but also a sign of lack of respect and loss of touch with society.

Whatever your problems may be, don't use other people as your medium for hate and anger. If you want to hate someone, learn to hate yourself. That'd be a proper way to start.

I am really confused here, are you talking about her or yourself?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info