Is Charan still around?

"
FCK42 wrote:
"
linkstatic wrote:
I_NO is a grill? o.O

Then again, hard to tell the gender of dinosaurs at first glance.

No reason to get attached to it either, they were cloned using frog DNA and can change sex at will.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Well that got weird.

And yes. It's a pseudonym. Since it's set in a fantasy version of China, I thought it best to use a Chinese name. Yknow, so no one goes oh shit, gweiloh thinks he knows about our culture!

As of sanfran meetup I always thought you somehow look asian. I've been in aussie and kiwi, both real nice places, however Like it here in switzerland ;-)
/rhoa to /dino talk (hey at least a t-rex has hands).
No Problem,
Exile
"
鬼殺し wrote:
And yes. It's a pseudonym.

T be perfectly honest here, it sounds a bit generic. Was something like Wang Long taken?

Come on, somebody had to do the Dong line :)

Speaking of which, I wonder what would happen if anyone ever thought of drawing a line in the sand with his... corpus delicti.

"
raics wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
And yes. It's a pseudonym.

T be perfectly honest here, it sounds a bit generic. Was something like Wang Long taken?

At least it sounds genuine.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Come on, somebody had to do the Dong line :)

Speaking of which, I wonder what would happen if anyone ever thought of drawing a line in the sand with his... corpus delicti.

Not really. I've been getting silly Chinese name puns pretty much most of my life...

Did some snooping before you came back with the name of your book. Found it, but also found a writeup you did where it listed what you were reading, back in 2015.

The Shadow of the Torturer. About Severian, a young member of the guild of Torturers.

What did you think?
leaves gum asociate
Last edited by Temper on Apr 11, 2017, 3:36:28 AM
Welcome to the PoEtel Wraeclastia?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The writing style was a bit...Odd for me. It was that highbrow descriptive mode trying to distinguish itself from more pulpy fantasy or sci Fi, to be alien.... Unfortunately it sort of alienated me. And I made the mistake of reading Abercrombie and Bakker beforehand. Both do similar but in a much more sophisticated manner. Or maybe it was after. Around then, at any rate.

So I didn't read past the first book, Shadow of the torturer.

Maybe the point was to be a bit crude because Severian is no writer so it makes sense he would lose himself in describing events in needless detail, and it could also be the effect of his unusual memory. You can really feel he's biased and inconsistent as hell, too, so if the idea was to convey reading a set of very unusual memoirs that still fit the general form and tendencies encountered in those it's mission accomplished.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Eh, "the narrator isn't a writer so the writing shouldn't be well written" is a fallacy. Not saying SotT wasn't well written. It was. But that sort of thinking is a bad path for a writer to take.

Sure, I'm no book critic but the way I see it, it's something like writing a book for kids, or acting a lunatic, it's hard to get it just right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info