3.X - Remaking the CI Brokenfinder Wander

"
BadBuild wrote:
"
dunaskmey wrote:
Followed ur guide and put 2 empower into a 4l, along wif englighten, wrath.... end up tink only 1x empower is taken into consideration. :(

In fact, my lvl 4 empower shows as +3 on the wrath item only... not +4. ? :(

Level 4 Empower only gives +3 to active gems, Empowers do not give level to other support gems (such as Enlighten or Empower) and you cannot use the same support gem. Running 2 Empower's won't give +6 levels because only 1 will work

Edit: Just looked at your char and it looks alright. One thing though is since you're using a ele wand and not a phys, you don't need the Winter Spirit nodes or Tempest Blast since they aren't doing much for you. I would highly recommend upgrading your wand though to a faster base (Imbued is best imo) and getting a crit chance roll. Your current prefix's are really nice, but a slow wand with lowish crit isn't ideal

i cant decide on which wand to purchase... dunno sld i search based on dps or phys or ele dmg.. i do know i need att spd + crit chance tho. :( sld i prioritise spell dmg or pure phys dmg or ele dmg?
Last edited by dunaskmey on Apr 7, 2017, 4:29:57 AM
Sorry guys was gone a day and couldn't respond to well on phone lol

"
micha2240 wrote:
how's headhunter for this build?

As Neph said its great for clear speed but it really hurts your res/wed/flask charges. For doing nothing but strands you could try it. Would be pretty quick leveling

"
micha2240 wrote:

standing on 6.7 ES , tooltip isnt event close .. lvl 85 still but whats wrong here ? feeling kinda squishy and dmg is kinda low

I would guess your jewels could use an upgrade, although I can't see them. Also try to get either pen or added lightning boot enchant. One big thing I notice though is accuracy. I don't really see any and your chance to hit highly affects your tooltip. Your gear looks really solid though, and don't worry too much about tooltip. There's a lot of factors that boost your damage here like shock/point blank/pen all of which aren't reflected in tooltip.
As for your ES, you can take more on tree. The melding cluster is great with a energy from within. I just don't need it currently. Also, getting rings with open prefix for ES% would help, although your rings have a lot of res and that will probably be kind of hard to replace

"
lsymsun wrote:

Feeling pretty good! Melted Hydra with it. Have not gotten any other guardian maps yet. Looking for suggestions to further improve it

I'd suggest aiming for level 21 Added Lightning and Wrath, and empowering your wrath. Especially since you're pure ele although that might require some aura nodes because of your herald but getting your wrath up to a higher level is a noticeable dps boost. Then I would say to try to get a higher ES shield with spell damage and lastly a crystal belt

"
dunaskmey wrote:

i cant decide on which wand to purchase... dunno sld i search based on dps or phys or ele dmg.. i do know i need att spd + crit chance tho. :( sld i prioritise spell dmg or pure phys dmg or ele dmg?

What you want to do is up to you. Pure ele is great and honestly better for the cost of a good ele wand vs a good phys wand. I've just stuck to phys because I originally was phys and I like the phys -> ele nodes on tree. As too what prefix, if you do ele you wand a combo of Flat lightning (T1/T2) and then high spell damage/WED %/Hybrid spell damage. I believe if you go pure ele, T1 flat cold could be useful because you then wouldn't need HoI for shatters (I believe, but I haven't actually tested) but scaling your lightning is more important
Last edited by BadBuild on Apr 7, 2017, 7:56:56 AM
thx mate , got 2 new rings and a new helm
standing on 8K es atm
"
micha2240 wrote:
thx mate , got 2 new rings and a new helm
standing on 8K es atm

Really nice :)
Hello, first of all thank you for the build and the time you have dedicated to share it, I have a question. I am at lvl 62 and I have life and energy shield very low, what equipment do you recommend for this lvl? Regards!
"
Hello, first of all thank you for the build and the time you have dedicated to share it, I have a question. I am at lvl 62 and I have life and energy shield very low, what equipment do you recommend for this lvl? Regards!

Uh when I level'd a wander I used Storm Cloud and its fated version The Tempest all the way to merc dried lake and didnt start wanding until I could use Imbued Wands and most the ES gear. Wanding itself takes some serious passives to begin to feel good though. If you really need a HP boost while leveling, Belly of the Beast is great. I tend to use it over Tabula on any right-side tree chars.
Some updates:

I've been messing around a bit. After some experimenting with PoB and talking with some people, mainly Philophil we pushed my PoB damage higher, although my tooltip is lower. I'm going to leave the original post the same though, because I may still revert back to that or something.

I now run a Diamond flask now instead of Atziri promise, dropped some crit on tree, and swapped a point for the 8% IAS bandit. Also dropped the 1 8% ES node. Dropped master surgeon for veteran bowyer (another 10% pen). Gear/gems are all still the same though but I'll post again.

Same Gear

Edit: 238k Barrage/194k KB tooltips if that matters to anyone
Last edited by BadBuild on Apr 10, 2017, 3:05:06 PM
Nice job. You went from 1.7m to 2.1m dps not counting temp buffs like BR and vaste or conditions like boot enchant and still managed to maintain over 9300 es.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Apr 10, 2017, 11:03:52 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
Nice job. You went from 1.7m to 2.1m dps not counting temp buffs like BR and vaste or conditions like boot enchant and still managed to maintain over 9300 es.

Thanks, and yeah my es only went down by 1 point (8%) which was only ever there because I didnt know what to do with my last point lol

Another change, ICD gives more damage than pen now I believe
Last edited by BadBuild on Apr 10, 2017, 2:53:38 PM
I see that your barrage fires 9 projectiles, how do you achieve that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info