3.X - Remaking the CI Brokenfinder Wander

I play standard :p

Leagues are just something I do when I get really bored. However, cheap league starting uniques that I think could help a lot are Piscator's (should be cheap, does okay but easily upgradeable), thunder fist (good flat damage, synergizes with Piscator, cheap), and then rat's nest. I personally don't do es based builds to start ever though so this is more for a cheapo life starter. Take this with a grain of salt though because if you can play the league start a lot and are "good" at making the early currency, then you can do a ES based char. Just optimizing for CoE is a bit of a challenge but you don't need CoE to start, its just a large damage boost that we can't get otherwise

For shock, use vaal lightning trap. Its so good, and I feel kind of under-rated for any build that doesn't auto shock and I use it for leveling most characters anyways since it helps out a lot of bosses
"
any tricks i should look out for at the start of the league? Some uniques you like to use during first week?

Marylene's Fallacy with inc crit strikes replacing another gem is a good one that hasn't been mentioned I think. If you want to push content though there's probably going to be something better. A wander can start mapping efficiently early on even as CI, but there are better builds to farm things like Izaro or Shaper early that aren't as gear dependent. If you want to push content expect to die a lot and maybe have to wait for someone to kill shaper to get Dying Sun for it to feel like a good build. At least in my experience wanding feels gross without it.
Last edited by samthedigital on May 11, 2017, 10:44:40 PM
Hey, so I'm currently trying this build and using an ele wand. I know you said to take out winter spirit and the other node and use herald of ice for shatters but I don't have enough mana to use it with wrath and discipline. What should I remove or swap? Thanks!
"
l3sfin3st wrote:
Hey, so I'm currently trying this build and using an ele wand. I know you said to take out winter spirit and the other node and use herald of ice for shatters but I don't have enough mana to use it with wrath and discipline. What should I remove or swap? Thanks!

Dont use empower, and take a few aura nodes as you need. With only the Charisma node, skyforth, and L3 Enlighten you should be able to run all 3 together just fine

Aura tester -> https://poe.mikelat.com/#tQKwxfb/xB3l.kPh

What is the best mod for this wand? Flat physical dmg or spell dmg? Pls help
"
ntien93 wrote:

What is the best mod for this wand? Flat physical dmg or spell dmg? Pls help

Spell damage.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
When I got hit by beyond rare monster or boss, I got stumble, mini stun or something like that and they interrupted my skill. Is that normal or I did something wrong? I'm using Skyforth without any enchant btw.
Fun as hell! I'm running it on Legacy (omg this build is not for leagues...gearing is BALLS)

Question for mapping though, do you have stun issues? Tried divining my SF's for more mana and wasted 2 jewels for %max and only got mana pool to 1.4k. I started running Kiara's in place of DSun and it's been night and day difference for when I nose dive into a pack of mobs.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the guide!

EDIT: Just noticed the post above me was having the same issue. Try Kiara's :D

Oh quick note if anyone's trying this on League, highly recommend sacraficing some dps nodes for the ES ones touching "Deep Wisdom". Huge help where gear is very limited. Also have to take Vaal Pact since legacy vink is non-existant.
Mobile games have better trading...
Last edited by Tonst3r on May 24, 2017, 5:50:54 PM
"
Tonst3r wrote:
Fun as hell! I'm running it on Legacy (omg this build is not for leagues...gearing is BALLS)

Question for mapping though, do you have stun issues? Tried divining my SF's for more mana and wasted 2 jewels for %max and only got mana pool to 1.4k. I started running Kiara's in place of DSun and it's been night and day difference for when I nose dive into a pack of mobs.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the guide!

Oh quick note if anyone's trying this on League, highly recommend sacraficing some dps nodes for the ES ones touching "Deep Wisdom". Huge help where gear is very limited. Also have to take Vaal Pact since legacy vink is non-existant.

Sacrificing Dying sun on this build is not worth it.The flask is too good.

The lack of complete stun immunity is really an issue(more of an annoyance really) when fighting some guardians only.You can just swap in an eye of chayula or valyrium for them.

When you map you should off screen everything and coupled with shattering you are safe from pretty much everything.Only lag should kill you.
You can always get the stun avoidance enchant on boots as well.
Last edited by boonobosMike on May 24, 2017, 6:49:11 PM
"
boonobosMike wrote:
"
Tonst3r wrote:

Thoughts?

Thanks for the guide!

Sacrificing Dying sun on this build is not worth it.The flask is too good.

The lack of complete stun immunity is really an issue(more of an annoyance really) when fighting some guardians only.You can just swap in an eye of chayula or valyrium for them.

When you map you should off screen everything and coupled with shattering you are safe from pretty much everything.Only lag should kill you.
You can always get the stun avoidance enchant on boots as well.

Dam yeah that makes sense. I think I'm just failing @ being ranged then. I assumed with PointBlank we'd want to be close range, but honestly I haven't grabbed it yet anyway (sacrificed some points for ES to compensate for league gear).

I gotta stop dumping all my currency on failed crafting so I can get a Sun >.<

Ty for the reply!
Mobile games have better trading...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info