PSA: Set your STD sales tab BACK to non-public if you're not going to switch leagues for trades!!!

"
Hahah I've literally never turned my tabs off and I've been in every League except Perandus.

Oops. =/

I'll try to remember when I leave the office today.

Do you at least reply "sry no STD" when people solicit trades from you?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
There are those that have dug a hole so deep that they have no hope of recovering because they never had the opportunity to close down the trade shop before league ended or at least leaving until coming back for the next league. They will to live with the idea of getting whisper from other leagues wanting to buy an item.

As for the ones that can be salvagable, it is best to take down the shop before league ends or before you leave the current league for good.

Honestly, for the ones that do not want to waste their time going back to the permanent leagues for a transaction, do not waste the time for those that are interested in buying. It is a two way street.

Spoiler
At the end of the day, this is the trade aspect of the game that GGG had envisioned.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 27, 2017, 1:26:07 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
There are those that have dug a hole so deep that they have no hope of recovering because they never had the opportunity to close down the trade shop before league ended or at least leaving until coming back for the next league.

It's never too deep... I'm the sole accountant at a firm where part of the tax season reconciliation is to literally double check every single investment transaction that happened in the past year. 20+ dividends per month across multiple accounts.

Unchecking boxes (about 2 clicks per tab) for hundreds or even thousands of stash tabs is no problem, the real speed-obsessed power players could probably get it done in under 10 minutes.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:

It's never too deep... I'm the sole accountant at a firm where part of the tax season reconciliation is to literally double check every single investment transaction that happened in the past year. 20+ dividends per month across multiple accounts.

Unchecking boxes (about 2 clicks per tab) for hundreds or even thousands of stash tabs is no problem, the real speed-obsessed power players could probably get it done in under 10 minutes.

I am just indirectly telling the ones that are coming up with an excuse, to stop being a sloth. :P
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

I guess there's just not all that many folks on the market looking for STDs nowadays.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

I am just indirectly telling the ones that are coming up with an excuse, to stop being a sloth. :P

What do you have against sloths?

Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

What do you have against sloths?

snip

They be sinning!

- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 27, 2017, 1:47:43 AM
"
adghar wrote:
"
Hahah I've literally never turned my tabs off and I've been in every League except Perandus.

Oops. =/

I'll try to remember when I leave the office today.

Do you at least reply "sry no STD" when people solicit trades from you?

I'm fairly sure I've never received a message, so the prices were probably out of whack for Standard when they carried over from each league.

So I don't feel too bad.
no no no.

all std players should come to pay temp league, its better ;)

Btw OP, complain all you want but if you want a few c item, no one in the right mind will switch for that.

I personally only switch for transactions over 1ex, which is still pretty damn low.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
As a someone that has done a lot of selling/buying 1-50c items on STD, there are couple of things that helps:

-if an item has been for sale over 1 month, you too are probably not gonna get it

-always scroll over the cheapest ones, unless posted within the past 2 hours (these are usually still posted to manipulate the prizes)

-use that /whois BEFORE you PM the seller, if seller is in the temp league chances for not responding skyrockets
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Mar 27, 2017, 2:52:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info