When will the death exp penalty be removed?

"
Icholas wrote:
"
ladish wrote:
play hardcore and you will stop worrying about a 10% exp penalty. Seriously.

I recently started playing a sc char after hc only since the early days, 10% seems like so little it's hardly a penalty at all.

yeah I ripped a 91 not long before posting that - pretty painful. Btw I don't think people should play hc exclusively (unless they want to ofc) but if they play it for a bit they will get some perspective on such a minute death penalty.
"
s00pahFr0g wrote:
"
Necromael wrote:
pick one :

you lose 10% of progress towards your next level on death

or

you lose 10% of your hoarded currency items in stash tab on death (rounded down)

Some kind of currency sink for softcore would actually be really nice, although I think 10% of your currency would be way to severe. It would help the economy some.

Some kind of gear durability stat might be better. It would help increase demand for some more common uniques.
I wish they would take a level when you die. I always lol at these build guides doing uber at zero exp. Mean they do die and putting best effort forwards. I also dont think you should be able to do hardest contents using all 6 portals.

Basically EXP penalty is A JOKE in current state. 10-15% and none if you're at zero exp? Thats not even a penalty really

AGAIN TAKE A LEVEL ON DEATH!
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 26, 2017, 12:09:27 AM
hopefully never. Oh and btw I just leveled from 94 to 95 and I died 5 times during this time because I am an idiot. And it's MY OWN FAULT. Of course the game has some sort of punishment for me dying. It's fair.

If the PoE removed the xp penalty I would honestly consider not playing the game at all.
I'd play I'd just never take a life node. What for? All-DPS-all-the time.
Git R Dun!
"
"
s00pahFr0g wrote:
"
Necromael wrote:
pick one :

you lose 10% of progress towards your next level on death

or

you lose 10% of your hoarded currency items in stash tab on death (rounded down)

Some kind of currency sink for softcore would actually be really nice, although I think 10% of your currency would be way to severe. It would help the economy some.

Some kind of gear durability stat might be better. It would help increase demand for some more common uniques.

That was the first thing that came to mind. Put in a durability system and make it cost currency based on gear level to repair it. Make the items lose durability on death instead of or in addition to the exp penalty. Personally I don't mind the exp penalty and I would welcome another one like this. If they had some kind in game trade system a trade tax might be good too but I don't know how they'd do that without an action house which a lot of the player base is opposed to.
Dying should (at minimum) take your xp down to 0 for the level you are currently on. If you can't go a level without dying, you are playing content above the ability of yourself and your character.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Dying should (at minimum) take your xp down to 0 for the level you are currently on. If you can't go a level without dying, you are playing content above the ability of yourself and your character.

Totally agree, but the 10% is a good compromise between this and the idea of removing the penalty all together. We might see changes in 3.0. I could see them upping the penalty at higher levels.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

Yes, because fps drops to 0, random desyncs and countless other bugs are above our ability, why not delete softcore then?

Obviously you never went beyond 95. Game was made to push you above your limits in completing maps. Unless you like to 24/7 strands which coincidentally is in ability of 99% of builds.

Did you at least put some thought into your post or this is just plain trolling?
Spreading salt since 2006
There is no part of this game that requires you to be level 100. They are not going to remove the xp penalty. Ever. That's been stated many times. Being max level should be something thats extremely hard. Not something you can just get by spending x number of hours playing.

TL:DR = get good and stop dying. Don't play noob builds. And you'll be 100.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info