Is n00b, plz halp.

You lost me at "yo yo".
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
"
innervation wrote:
"
VVhipl4sh wrote:
are suggesting that there is a way to buy them?? How would I do that?

Oh lord that's precious.

http://poe.trade/

The trade website is a lot to take in for someone truly new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fdaou8CSZo

There's a video (part 1 of 3) from ItsYoji, who is rather funny, it's a bit outdated now though, but it's better than nothing.

If you go to the top url and type in 'First Snow' it will auto fill for you. Clicking the text, then hitting Enter or the Search button will show you a huge list of 99 people who will trade you the gem for the listed currency (1 Cartographer's chisel, 1 alchemy orb, etc). You then click the little 'whisper' text in the bottom right of the box. When you tab back into your game, hitting <Enter> to bring up chat (make sure your chat box is empty), then hitting <Ctrl> + <v> will paste an auto-generated message into your chat box. Hitting <Enter> again will cause this lovely message to be shipped to the seller, who will then either invite you to their party, or ignore you because they are afk.

The first couple people you whisper will probably be afk. Sometimes the first 5 or 6 will be. Keep trying (give them 30-60s to respond, as Yoji says in the video, sometimes people are doing hard content, and can't stop to whisper you back). Eventually, once someone invites you to their party, right click their portrait in the top left of the screen, and click on the button 'visit hideout'. There, they will be waiting with your item. Have your currency payment pulled out before hand, mouse over their offered item (the jewel), and hit accept. You now have a brand new item!

Haha, yeah, I'm not joking around with the title. This trade system is awesome though, and I can totally afford what some people are asking for the first snow, which is great. This video is super helpful, thanks so much. And thanks to the community for not hanging me for being a first time player. There are a lot of gaming communities out there who are not as kind.

"
Westwood1121 wrote:
You lost me at "yo yo".

Lol sorry XD

I'll give the first few people a try and see if I can come up with the gem tonight. That spell dup is insane.
Buying items from other players is all done in game currency only. Chaos orbs are the standard payment for most items. Exalt orbs for the better and more pricey ones and lesser currency for those items that are plentiful and in less demand.

You cannot buy things for real money. Don't even ask about that.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info