Is n00b, plz halp.

Yo yo, so I'm new and I've got a level 59 Standard mode witch, following the 2.6 Freezing Pulse build from OhhPaige in the build forums, and I have some questions about the game! :D

1. Whats the difference between standard league and legacy league?
2. Are there items that are ONLY discoverable in legacy league?
3. Is there a way to transfer my standard league character to legacy league?

Thanks for any and all help in advance, guys, the forums and forum members here seem like a great community :)
Last bumped on Mar 24, 2017, 10:44:22 PM
"
VVhipl4sh wrote:
Yo yo, so I'm new and I've got a level 59 Standard mode witch, following the 2.6 Freezing Pulse build from OhhPaige in the build forums, and I have some questions about the game! :D

1. Whats the difference between standard league and legacy league?
2. Are there items that are ONLY discoverable in legacy league?
3. Is there a way to transfer my standard league character to legacy league?

Thanks for any and all help in advance, guys, the forums and forum members here seem like a great community :)

Welcome to the game.

To answer your questions:
1: Standard league is a permanent league. Path of exile has a temporary league every three months, in this case legacy league. These three month leagues(different every time) are a fresh start for everyone, and contain challenges that give microtransactions upon completing a certain number of them(12-24-36, as seen next to some forum posters names). After the three month league ends, everything from that three month league is added to the standard league(the permanent league).

2: Yes, some items that were only available during previous leagues(due to how legacy works) are only available during legacy league. Add to that the actual relic items(unnerfed versions of original items) that can be found in the ancient reliquaries, it's a firm yes in many ways. **Normally a three month league would only have league specific uniques, but legacy is special due to the upcoming expansion**

3: No, legacy league(and every other three month league) is a fresh start for everyone. Things that can only be gained in these three month leagues, can only be obtained while the league is live. (Though some old leagues were active as zana mods, which actually changed this league. GGG does not yet know what will happen to the old leagues/zana mods.)

And just a few words of advice, be careful what build you follow, as some items are only available in standard league due to their availability.

Since you are new to the game, do not feel bad about failing a character. Just build a new one if it happens, we all had to do this in order to learn the game.

There is no reason not to play the three month league, especially not if you are new. Who knows, you might even reach some challenges to get the free microtransactions. Usually around 24 challenges can be easily reached by just playing the game.

Hope you are having fun with the game.

Edit: Legacy league started on march 3, so there is still plenty of time left in this league.
Last edited by sarannah101 on Mar 24, 2017, 12:50:24 PM
Thank you so much for the informative reply! Basically I'm just wondering whether or not I'll be able to get things like "The Baron" helmet or "First Snow" in the standard league at some point. I'm loving this ice witch a lot. How long has the Legacy League been live? Do I have enough time to get my witch up to level 60-ish before everything flips over into standard?

And there probably isn't a good answer to this, at all, but.. is there any way of knowing which items will be carried over from Legacy to Standard?

Again, thanks for the help :) Yeah, I understand having to learn the game this way sometimes. No biggie though when you really like the game. My wife and I will probably start our witches on legacy tonight.
I'm playing Freezing Pulse for the first time this league, and having a lot of fun with it - hope you are too. The Legacy league started on March 3rd, and will end 3 months after that date - so there's plenty of time to play in Legacy. At the end of the league, ALL of your stash along with your characters will be sent to the standard league. Your stash will look like this:

(Tab 1) (Tab 2) (Tab 3) (Tab 4) (Tab 1 remove only) (Tab 2 remove only) (Tab 3 remove only) (Tab 4 remove only)

So the last 4 tabs will be whatever you had in Legacy League. You won't be able place items in the 'remove only' tabs, only remove them. But those remove only tabs last forever (until they are totally empty), so you don't have to feel rushed to take stuff out of them and sort your stash.

The Baron Helmet and First Snow are available on standard, but they are WILDLY expensive and overpriced. (20 chaos orbs for first snow on Standard compared to 1c on Legacy league).

In Legacy league you will find 'Leaguestones'. 'H' should be the default hotkey to see your league stone interface. Putting them in the slots will modify the next (5) zones you enter with magical effects from temporary leagues of the past like strong Unique Invasion monsters, and Breaches that open a portal to a foreign realm where enemies swarm you. Good luck and enjoy!
"
VVhipl4sh wrote:
Thank you so much for the informative reply! Basically I'm just wondering whether or not I'll be able to get things like "The Baron" helmet or "First Snow" in the standard league at some point. I'm loving this ice witch a lot. How long has the Legacy League been live? Do I have enough time to get my witch up to level 60-ish before everything flips over into standard?

And there probably isn't a good answer to this, at all, but.. is there any way of knowing which items will be carried over from Legacy to Standard?

Again, thanks for the help :) Yeah, I understand having to learn the game this way sometimes. No biggie though when you really like the game. My wife and I will probably start our witches on legacy tonight.

Welcome to the game!

Most uniques still are available in standard atleast By Trading. I would say legacy league has still atleast 2 monts left so depending how much/fast you play there is plenty of time to get 60+.

All items you gain in legacy will go in to standard after legacy league ends.

Last edited by Laskinaama on Mar 24, 2017, 1:09:22 PM
"
VVhipl4sh wrote:

You're welcome.

These new items seem to be found in both legacy and standard league. (did a baron search on the trade site on both standard and legacy). I'm not 100% sure every item is available in standard as well, or if some are legacy league only. But you could look up one of the recent GGG posts which showcases some on the already found new unique's.

Legacy league lasts around 3 months and started march 3rd, so there is still a little over two months left in this league. Which is plenty of time to basically do everything you want.
Once this legacy league ends(or any three month league), everything will be moved to standard. Everything includes: Characters, gear, stash, masters, masters experience/favor and even your customized hideout if you create one that has more items(objects) in it than your already existing standard hideout.

So everything you would do/get in legacy, you would have in standard when the legacy league ends. The only difference is that in legacy league, you can gain microtransactions due to the challenges.

You might want to find a nice guild to help with all your questions. Since this league is still quite new/fresh, there are still many players actively playing. Alot of players often take a break till the next league after getting the amount of challenges(mtx's) they want.

Goodluck!
"
innervation wrote:
I'm playing Freezing Pulse for the first time this league, and having a lot of fun with it - hope you are too. The Legacy league started on March 3rd, and will end 3 months after that date - so there's plenty of time to play in Legacy. At the end of the league, ALL of your stash along with your characters will be sent to the standard league. Your stash will look like this:

(Tab 1) (Tab 2) (Tab 3) (Tab 4) (Tab 1 remove only) (Tab 2 remove only) (Tab 3 remove only) (Tab 4 remove only)

So the last 4 tabs will be whatever you had in Legacy League. You won't be able place items in the 'remove only' tabs, only remove them. But those remove only tabs last forever (until they are totally empty), so you don't have to feel rushed to take stuff out of them and sort your stash.

The Baron Helmet and First Snow are available on standard, but they are WILDLY expensive and overpriced. (20 chaos orbs for first snow on Standard compared to 1c on Legacy league).

In Legacy league you will find 'Leaguestones'. 'H' should be the default hotkey to see your league stone interface. Putting them in the slots will modify the next (5) zones you enter with magical effects from temporary leagues of the past like strong Unique Invasion monsters, and Breaches that open a portal to a foreign realm where enemies swarm you. Good luck and enjoy!

I'm suuuuper enjoying freezing pulse. I can't wait to get her up to a point where she's clearing entire maps out in seconds, and I can run/rush other people. When you say "WILDLY expensive", are suggesting that there is a way to buy them?? How would I do that?

Yeah joining a guild may not be a bad idea :)

Thanks to everyone for the helpful replies and info!
Yes you can buy stuff from other ppl. Best way to do this is to visit poe.trade and search for the item you want.
If you want to sell your items the best way is to buy public stash tab.

There is also a trade channel but its mostly spam.

Im not gonna go to full details of Trading and selling. Read wiki for better info. It has info about pretty much everything in poe.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Trading

Last edited by Laskinaama on Mar 24, 2017, 1:47:00 PM
Hi there and welcome in PoE;) u can buy items on site called "poe.trade" if u have enough of currency;) also recommend to use loot filter there is plenty of them, better look on YouTube for info about it. There is a loads of beginner guides and tips and tricks on YouTube u should look at it once u have some free time in work ;) did helped me a lot to better understand t game mechanics and other. And there is also PoE wiki where u find a lot info too;) GL&HF
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
"
VVhipl4sh wrote:
are suggesting that there is a way to buy them?? How would I do that?

Oh lord that's precious.

http://poe.trade/

The trade website is a lot to take in for someone truly new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fdaou8CSZo

There's a video (part 1 of 3) from ItsYoji, who is rather funny, it's a bit outdated now though, but it's better than nothing.

If you go to the top url and type in 'First Snow' it will auto fill for you. Clicking the text, then hitting Enter or the Search button will show you a huge list of 99 people who will trade you the gem for the listed currency (1 Cartographer's chisel, 1 alchemy orb, etc). You then click the little 'whisper' text in the bottom right of the box. When you tab back into your game, hitting <Enter> to bring up chat (make sure your chat box is empty), then hitting <Ctrl> + <v> will paste an auto-generated message into your chat box. Hitting <Enter> again will cause this lovely message to be shipped to the seller, who will then either invite you to their party, or ignore you because they are afk.

The first couple people you whisper will probably be afk. Sometimes the first 5 or 6 will be. Keep trying (give them 30-60s to respond, as Yoji says in the video, sometimes people are doing hard content, and can't stop to whisper you back). Eventually, once someone invites you to their party, right click their portrait in the top left of the screen, and click on the button 'visit hideout'. There, they will be waiting with your item. Have your currency payment pulled out before hand, mouse over their offered item (the jewel), and hit accept. You now have a brand new item!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info