Assassin's Mark

I have an Assassin's Mark linked to a Curse On Hit Support. If I launch a spell/attack which one shots the monster, do I get a chance at the power charge? Or does the monster have to be hit, cursed, and then killed to have an opportunity at getting the power charge?
Last bumped on Mar 24, 2017, 1:25:31 PM
The curse is only applied after the Hit, so a one-shot won't do.
Worth noting, you also need to link Curse on Hit to your Attack/Spell, as is stated in the description.
Okay, that makes sense. What about something like:

3 link
- Herald of Ice
- Curse on Hit
- Assassins Mark

then if I have Herald up, any attack which doesn't one shot, should lead to chances for power charges, right?
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
Okay, that makes sense. What about something like:

3 link
- Herald of Ice
- Curse on Hit
- Assassins Mark

then if I have Herald up, any attack which doesn't one shot, should lead to chances for power charges, right?

With that set up, Herald will only curse when the shatter explosion occurs.

Since, the added damage to spells/attacks from Heralds do not work with Curse on Hit.
Okay, so just to make sure I understand correctly:

Shattered monsters would cast a curse, so any remaining monsters in the area would get cursed and they would then provide chances for the power charge. Right?
Yep, every monster that explodes will Curse nearby enemies. Herald of Ice/Thunder are relatively popular methods of getting AssMark applications :)
Ahh, something that was getting in the way of my understanding what was happening -- 1 curse allowed. Should have guessed that sooner... oh well. Thanks for the assist everyone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info