is vorici 6L worth it?

"
eebertay wrote:
I have been playing POE for 5 years and have spent 8,000+ fusings and never once had a 6 link.

Most i spent in 1 sitting was 800 and nothing.

Vorici is the way to go, dont listen to these assholes who sell you hopes and dreams of 6 linking in 5 fusings

They are not your friends

They will bring you down with their lies

Yep, you are right. Chasing 6L is only for the super rich or super lucky.
"
nealn wrote:
in your experiences has it been worth the 1500 fuse to 6L with vorici, or is the average significantly less w/o?

also curious about how the pros 6L and craft their equips in the beginning of the league. by the time i lvl up, there's alrdy good 6L rares on poetrade, but how the heck do the pros do it early in the league?

I have personally crafted 3x 5L and 2x 6L with far less than vorici´s costs.
But I do know people who have spent far above 5000 fusions for a 6L craft.

So - if you´re willing to take some risks, you might profit.

My own 6L Vis Mortis took me 400 jewelers (far too much!!) to get 6 sockets but only 180 fusions for the 6L.
Total investment: around 2 ex worth of currency. Value of armor: 8 ex+
"
eebertay wrote:
I have been playing POE for 5 years and have spent 8,000+ fusings and never once had a 6 link.

Most i spent in 1 sitting was 800 and nothing.

Vorici is the way to go, dont listen to these assholes who sell you hopes and dreams of 6 linking in 5 fusings

They are not your friends

They will bring you down with their lies

LOL

I'm sure.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
The question is... can you afford the faliure?

If you play 8-10 hours a day or more you should be able to lose 2000-3000 fuses trying to manually 6-link an item and don't go bankrupt.

On the other hand... if you play 2-3 hours a day and manage to stockpile 1500 fuses go for Vorici.. because your next shot at a 6-link could happen in quite some time... maybe not even in the same League.
Last edited by FrancescoV on Mar 24, 2017, 11:33:01 AM
Without Vorici is the way to go.

Just farm (or trade) 300 fusings, and 5-link manually. After this, farm more to get to 300 again.

Over the time I did about 5 6-links this way, between 120 and about 900 fusings. The one with 900 took about 15 tries where it 5-linked.

This league started good:

With about 50 jewel orbs and 15 fusings so far - now farming to get enough for a second try. I just tested with 30 fusings, and wanted to only 4-link after burning the first stack of 20.

I'm playing mostly selffound, farming 1500 fusings is no option for me. I won't see so much the whole league.
I'd say luck or play 5-linked.

Last edited by Llyrain on Mar 24, 2017, 11:58:29 AM
Looks like you've gotten some good advice. Just for your reference:

I used Vorici for this in Standard League, just because it was super sweet.

In temp Leagues, I've never been close to having that many fusing.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
From my experience: I have failed on Axe 2300 fuse with no result, Shavorne 1900 fuse to 6L. But average for cca ten items is 500 fuse. Few items to 150 fuse. Few times got 6L item with no more than 20 fuse.

This league was lucky with 13 fuse:

But because 6L are now really cheap, I am buying them most of time.

And how to make 6L? Fuse ofc. You can buy 6L base, or reclaim from cards, and try to chance it. There is prophecy for 6L too.
Last edited by Rexeos on Mar 24, 2017, 12:19:26 PM
i been playing this game too long

and ive only ever 6linked 1 item, that coc chest piece RIIP!
volls whatever

besides that which was suuuper lucky.. was like 300fuse ??

ive blasted probably like 3000 on a lioneyes glare (back when it was best bow in the game)
and like 2000 on some yellow chest piece
and like 1000 on another chest piece

i dont care about 6l anymore lol

i bought 1 good yellow one, and now screw 6l

6L = crown of no-life lol
Last edited by CaoMengde on Mar 24, 2017, 4:17:36 PM
My personal strategy is to use fusings until I get a 5L. Sometimes, about 1 in 10, you get a 6L instead. I've never NEEDED a 6L bad enough to pursue it, but have crafted three. It really isn't all that necessary. If you build sucks balls with a 5L, a 6L isn't going to cure it. If it is doing fine with 5L, you'll up your performance slightly with 6L.

Not worth the difference in costs.
I have manually five linked all my six socket stuff in every league since open beta. I have yet to hit a single six link. I have actually dropped 3 six link two-handers and 2 six link (not tabula rasa) Armour pieces since I started playing... and I still have not six linked anything myself. So, take that as you will.
I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info