What to do when i get scammed?

Guy stole my Cadiro offer instead of selling me his cadiro coins...

Also.. when will GGG stop being lazy and make an in-game trading??

These kind of things makes me and surely many others want to quit the game
IGN gubert
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2017, 6:31:10 AM
There isn't really anything you can do after it's happened to you, other than learning and plotting.

The lesson you can learn is that PoE is more cutthroat than you thought, even a simple trade can be an opportunity for someone else to take you by surprise this way.

However, there are ways you can prevent it - one way is to build a 'cage' around the waypoint in your hideout so people coming to trade u can't leave the vicinity of the waypoint to enter any maps you have open there and 'steal ur deal'.

Another way is to only trade for things like cadiro coins through friend-listing people, but NOT inviting to group or accepting group invites, because only people you are grouped with can enter your portals, but friends can always visit your hideout.

[edit] of course the best way is to trade for a large stock of cadiro coins before you ever meet him with a good trade, so you don't have to go looking to buy coins from others when he shows up with a good deal for you ;) [/edit]

Sorry for your loss, whatever it was.
Last edited by zoneslash on Mar 24, 2017, 12:43:06 AM
"
zoneslash wrote:
There isn't really anything you can do after it's happened to you, other than learning and plotting.

The lesson you can learn is that PoE is more cutthroat than you thought, even a simple trade can be an opportunity for someone else to take you by surprise this way.

However, there are ways you can prevent it - one way is to build a 'cage' around the waypoint in your hideout so people coming to trade u can't leave the vicinity of the waypoint to enter any maps you have open there and 'steal ur deal'.

Another way is to only trade for things like cadiro coins through friend-listing people, but NOT inviting to group or accepting group invites, because only people you are grouped with can enter your portals, but friends can always visit your hideout.

[edit] of course the best way is to trade for a large stock of cadiro coins before you ever meet him with a good trade, so you don't have to go looking to buy coins from others when he shows up with a good deal for you ;) [/edit]

Sorry for your loss, whatever it was.

That's what i tried to do, but he said he couldnt join my hideout, and i couldn't join his hideout

Thats what scammers do

I even removed the option that party members could join my hideout, but it somehow didn't work

And i have a better idea to prevent it, GGG could fix this stupid trading system they have
IGN gubert
Last edited by Gubert on Mar 24, 2017, 12:55:38 AM
Seems like GGG doesn't really care

Fuck this game i'm out of here
IGN gubert
"
Gubert wrote:
Seems like GGG doesn't really care

Fuck this game i'm out of here

You're weaker than a baby fart if this makes you quit the game. This was a learning experience, treat it as such.
IGN: Ironmallet
^^They only steal sheep if they are unethical.

OP--You need to join a guild or make friends. I was 12k coins short yesterday but my guildies came through with the rest <3

Ill be damned if Im gonna let some Cadiro ninja scam me!
Surround your portals with wall decorations, like elreon's "shelf" decoration. This will prevent anyone from getting to your portals.
send a mail to support of GGG. If you have any screenshots or Messages you wrote (can be seen in logfile) send this too. If a scammer is reported more times, sometimes GGG banned his account.
"
CallMeSnake wrote:
send a mail to support of GGG. If you have any screenshots or Messages you wrote (can be seen in logfile) send this too. If a scammer is reported more times, sometimes GGG banned his account.

I don't see how that would apply to this case as he didn't lose anything that belonged to him. Cadiro was selling something and someone else bought it. The item was never his.

@OP, come play ssf so you can rage at Cadiro selling stuff you want but don't have coins for, instead of raging about other people buying stuff off him in your instance.
Scamiro strikes again. This is why the human brain is a vital organ. Use it next time. Or hang your head in shame and quit. There's anyone can or will do except you.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info