The removal of cruel and merciless is the greatest thing that has ever been created in an ARPG.

"
adghar wrote:
Normal/Nightmare/Hell worked great for me when I first played D2. I was like 10 and had no idea how to build characters (Thorns aura deals 3400%?!?!? That's the strongest, I'm going with that one!) so defeating Baal on Normal was a real challenge for me. I couldn't make it past A1NM on my first char, rofl. No damage and no survivability, can't beat Andariel even with portals. kek

git gud
I really look forward to rushing through all 9 acts as quickly as possible to get to the map stage.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
I really look forward to rushing through all 9 acts as quickly as possible to get to the map stage.

It ought to be expected that some players will rush to map as usual and get more out of the Pantheon system, if it does actually extend to maps too.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 24, 2017, 12:30:57 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
As much as Secret of Mana is an ARPG, I also see it as a JRPG. Wish Golden Axe had more RPG elements to make it be considered as a hack-n-slash ARPG.

Golden Axe was my fucking jam back in the day. That and General Chaos and Operation: Europe.
"
innervation wrote:

Golden Axe was my fucking jam back in the day. That and General Chaos and Operation: Europe.

I used to play a lot of Golden Axe too after I got exhausting myself of playing Sonic The Hedgehog 2 a lot.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
Anyway, secret of Mana isn't an isometric online multiplayer arpg so that comparison by Cao Cao was blatantly stupid, yet again proving not everyone deserves the screen name they choose. Kudos for even engaging with it, JN.

Secret of Mana is ARPG genre before diablo, its more an ARPG than diablo or PoE
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_role-playing_game

... i didnt call PoE an ARPG (and i wouldnt exactly), Chris Wilson and this thread did....

PoE is a grindfest game, faaaaaarrr inferior to Secret of Mana, by faaaarr, miles and miles inferior
Last edited by CaoMengde on Mar 24, 2017, 4:19:35 AM
"
CaoMengde wrote:

Secret of Mana is ARPG genre before diablo, its more an ARPG than diablo or PoE
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_role-playing_game

... i didnt call PoE an ARPG (and i wouldnt exactly), Chris Wilson and this thread did....

PoE is a grindfest game, faaaaaarrr inferior to Secret of Mana, by faaaarr, miles and miles inferior

Kongming would like to consult with you about using wiki as a source to prolong a discussion.
- raics, 06.08.2016

meh, i'd much rather see a new difficulty level than more acts. especially after the clusterfuck that is act 4.
"
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
It hasn't even happened yet. Premature thread is premature.

UR A DOG GO BACK TO THE HOUSE

UR A DINOSAUR GO BACK TO THE CAVE
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
People will find something else to complain about. Trust me.

-act 3 is too long
-act 4 has too mauch physical damage
-act 6 has too many dead ends
-lab
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info