[2.6][Updated] Frostbolt frozen trail elementalist + scion version

Scion version:
Spoiler

Created this scion frostbolt to test how it was doing compared to the elementalist and if it could reliably do double beyond content without much investment. Well if it wasn't for the elemental proliferation skillgem this would be very good, unfortunately that skillgem puts the ignite around 30% less than the elementalist.

To solve that I switched to a much more aggressive tree:
lvl 100 tree:
Spoiler

And added the dyadus with it
I'm not 100% sure if scion conflux procs the dyadus (need confirmation) but once the scion conflux is up the prolif takes care of beyond trash.
It is a pretty heavy strength requirement but kind of fun to use.

Leveling with frostbolt was bad compared to a flameblast totem leveling.
After hitting 70 and getting the gear, I directly jumped into double beyond pools and we hit 87 in a few hours very smoothly (except one poe crash + death).
This setup can switch to vfb easily which is another positive aspect.

All in all, I'm pretty confident that this setup can run double beyond shores and push some HC SSF ladder while getting nice and long sleeps.

Gear:
Spoiler

I guess that's it, a nice casual build designed for double beyond.

Gameplay on T10 primordial pool:

Elementalist:
Spoiler

Hey guys,

I recently took a second try on the frostbolt witch and I've got some updates to share.

So after the changes to double beyond, I tested this frostbolt build against a difficulty level where my VFB witch would occasionally die e.g T13/14/15 double beyonded maps with crazy mods and sextants. I've died 3 or 4 times on my VFB witch while doing strands/shores or promenades to some absurd amount of damage coming from a beyond lord, the casual one shots you know.

I choosed blasphemy temp chains as offensive/defensive and arctic armour as pure defensive mechanic, this helps scaling the proliferation even harder while maintaining strong.
A min/max + vuln + ele damage na'em spear (one of my deaths) will deal something around 4k to 6k and fail to one shot us in T13 and T14. I still have a few courtyard that needs to be run but the 6L doesn't want to happen and its kind of needed at T14/T15 tier.
We also want to get past 12k ES in order to survive random beyond DDs. Fortunately 5L is more than enough for any amount of sextanted shores, so grinding levels and currency is not an issue at all.

This version of the build shared today will be a quantity setup.
We choosed to go for templar light of divinity, retribution, precision, faith and steel and sanctity for the superior combat type stats they give instead of just going for more damage.
It can be build with a full ele reflect immunity but I cannot afford to run fully vaaled maps at this point.

Quantity tree update at lvl 95:
Spoiler

http://poeurl.com/bh9t
Unnatural calm at 98 and then 2/3 points for a jewel or more spell crit.

Quantity gear setup:
Spoiler

Frosbolt updated 6L:
Spoiler

Frostbolt, Cold to fire, controlled destruction, inc crit, slow proj, fire pen/item quantity.
This is for a vaal regalia.

Bandits: Resists, attack speed, power charge

Gameplay on a T13 shore:
Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQNKv0_fVM0
Was a bit scared of getting frozen by the abaxoth so it took a bit longer than usual 2-3min shores. This reminds me to switch freeze immunity on the diamond flask.

Gameplay on a T14 map:

Also, I believe that mathil made skin of the loyal three dragons cold variant of this which you might wanna check out.

That's it, have fun !

First interaction with frostbolt:
Spoiler

First I'm sorry for the quality of the guide, I'm not going to maintain the post because this is pretty straightforward and I'm really bad at making guides.

Not sure if this type of build already exists but I've decided to share what I came up with today.

This build use frostbolt and 2 unique jewels frozen trail with the elementalist ascendancy in order to get as much area covered as possible. The build is not min/maxed and there is a lot of room for improvement.

Ignites with this build varies around 300k to 1mil dps depending if the shocking conflux is up or not and on the quality of jewels. Avatar of fire is used to get 100% conversion. This is a crit build.

Mandatory uniques:
Spoiler

Quality of life items:
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

A wise oak flask would be a great addition ! (but I don't have one)
A diamond flask would be great too now that I think of it

Tree:
Spoiler
http://poeurl.com/bc85
Whisper of doom for the extra curse can be used once u get the witchfire flask.

Gem links:
Spoiler

6L: Frostbolt - Spell Echo - Inc Crits - Controlled Destruction - Cold to fire - Slower proj
4L: Increased duration - Vaal Haste - Vaal disc - Vaal lightning trap
4L: Lightning golem - Fire golem - fortify - culling
4L: Discipline - Blasphemy - Flammability - Enlighten
3L: Shield charge - Faster - Attacks - fortify
3L: Cwdt - Warlord mark - Immortal call

Spell Echo can be replace by more interesting gems such as Fire pen depending on the gameplay feeling. I personnaly don't like spell echo too much and will probably give it a shot with a more dps centric gem later.

Leveling:
Spoiler
For leveling I'd recommend to go for dual flameblast totems hybrid and then respec later when you reach merciless lake lvl 70 something.

Video: gameplay on a T13 shaped strand double pack beyond

Another video without dying sun:

That's it ! Have fun

The mandatory uniques would be some kind of anti-stun (chayula neck, valyrium), 2 frozen trail threshold jewels and a wise oak flask.
Bandits are the same for all versions: help kraytin, kraytin, alira
Elementalist version of the build has an easier time leveling, jumping into maps and doing absurds map mods lategame. Scion works fine but less efficient because of the elemental proliferation skillgem.
Last edited by poz77 on Jul 7, 2017, 2:16:13 PM
Last bumped on Jul 12, 2017, 12:21:54 AM
Decent build over view. I have a similar non crit build and am interested in bouncing some ideas off of you. You can pm me in game @coldturtle
First of all thanks for the guide, even if it's not a really guide ;)

Did you do your math and can share results? Just by looking at wiki, frostbolt scales insanely good with empower, don't you lose to much dps compared to three dragons with empower & EE? Of course as usually both have prons & cons, however I'm just asking about min-maxing dps. What I like the most with pure fire conversion is possibility to run valyrium + dream fragments, still having 2 curses. It's not that you can't do that with the other approach but it wouldn't be just worth the whole empower thing.
Last edited by ojejku on Apr 3, 2017, 3:03:22 AM
I assume you only did power charges on bandits, rest skill points?
"
Dommel wrote:
I assume you only did power charges on bandits, rest skill points?

Resists, attack speed or cast speed or point up to you, power charge.

"
ojejku wrote:
First of all thanks for the guide, even if it's not a really guide ;)

Did you do your math and can share results? Just by looking at wiki, frostbolt scales insanely good with empower, don't you lose to much dps compared to three dragons with empower & EE? Of course as usually both have prons & cons, however I'm just asking about min-maxing dps. What I like the most with pure fire conversion is possibility to run valyrium + dream fragments, still having 2 curses. It's not that you can't do that with the other approach but it wouldn't be just worth the whole empower thing.

Skin of the loyal would be insane yes.
EE is a huge power spike on single target, if you wanna go for bosses then sure go EE.
Dream fragment is a great ring indeed, using both valirium and dream fragment seems a bit overkill on the suffixes though.
Last edited by poz77 on Apr 27, 2017, 6:00:38 PM
Do the Frozen Trail jewels stack? Nice build!
Added scion AOF frostbolt prolif version of the build.
Hello,

How do you fill the need for strength to carry the dyadus?

And it lacks the belt you use on your scion;)

great build;p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info